PDA

View Full Version : DB1 First race report at Silverstone Winter series

styleone
16-10-2012, 03:07 PM
Hi chaps...check out the mini report of my first race meeting with my new DB1...enjoy the article and thanks for all the support :)

http://www.orrcuk.com

JustARcFan
16-10-2012, 03:20 PM
Nice report!

Just curious, what oil/pistons/springs did you run?

thx

styleone
16-10-2012, 04:03 PM
Nice report!

Just curious, what oil/pistons/springs did you run?

thx

We both ran stock Lazer pistons with 500cst in front and 300cst rear topped off with stock Lazer BB springs! Car felt good and feel it could have gone slightly softer BB springs in rear, but all seemed nice really. Both cars were very agile considering BB's are meant to 'dull down' front end.

My first time running Kyosho shocks and I must say they are very good and completely leak free too :)

mikeyscott
16-10-2012, 04:34 PM
Nice report and a reason why i'm keeping mine!

Core RC oils? I run small bore, but want to try big bore for a "safer" car for me.

Need to get an up to date oil chart. I have most Losi oils with one or two from the core RX selection.

styleone
16-10-2012, 07:02 PM
Nice report and a reason why i'm keeping mine!

Core RC oils? I run small bore, but want to try big bore for a "safer" car for me.

Need to get an up to date oil chart. I have most Losi oils with one or two from the core RX selection.

Thanks for kind words Mikey mate :) yes, core oils for both cars, I think a few up to date oil charts were floating around last few weeks on General Race Chat? I'm thinking of building up some slim bores just to try the orginal spec :)

RogerM
17-10-2012, 06:12 AM
Big bores don't have to dumb down the car .... its just a matter of getting the WHOLE setup change right ..... anybody who has driven my lazer will tell you how well that changes direction but to do that the setup is a lot different to what Tony & Kev run

styleone
17-10-2012, 11:54 AM
Big bores don't have to dumb down the car .... its just a matter of getting the WHOLE setup change right ..... anybody who has driven my lazer will tell you how well that changes direction but to do that the setup is a lot different to what Tony & Kev run

Eyup Rog :) I wasn't suggesting that the BB's 'dumb down' all set-ups, just that the lads seem to think the DB1 experiences a little more forgiving handling with them. Obviously with the likes of Kev etc they are wanting the car as responsive as possible and seem to favour the slim bores for that very reason.
But in saying that, I totally agree, its only one part of the set-up.

I always think that off-road is really good in the sense that one mans perfect set-up is another mans worse nightmare, I like how we all favour different 'feelings' and responses from the cars. Keeps the ideas flowing and us all learning new stuff.

Thanks for the prudent pointers in the pits Saturday Rog. Its always good to hear the benefit of your deep experience with all things Kyosho mate :)