PDA

View Full Version : Nov4th Track maintenance night(new carpet)

petera
25-10-2012, 07:22 PM
Hi
re Sunday Nov 4th.
We have decided due to a number of reasons to cancel racing on the 4th and propose to have a track maintenance evening instead.
The really good news is a new carpet has been purchased which needs to cut and laid for the first time. The present carpet was always seen as a stop gap and has lasted better than expected but problems with the fluff it generates was a constant pain.
The new carpet is prima GT as used by the majority of clubs in the country and should be harder wearing so the cars should remain a lot cleaner. Being heavier it should also lie flatter so no bumps.
The track markers are also in poor condition so new drainpipe is being purchased and requires cutting and trimming.
Stan is making some wall brackets to assist with storage for under the stage area and these will require fixing. New plastic tubes to roll the carpet onto will also have to be bought and cut to size.

So if you are interested in helping please let me know , everyone is welcome. The fish club have the hall during the afternoon so I expect to have a later start than usual though this yet to be finalised.
I don't envisage having enough time to run any cars around or organise any racing ,but by the way of a small bribe, there will be free pizza for all those who attend .
Any thoughts/suggestions please let us know.
Regards
Peter
ps This weeks meeting on the 28th is on as usual.
Last weeks results online at http://barleymowrccc.org/

f888fhw
25-10-2012, 07:48 PM
I'm up for helping out :thumbsup:

petera
03-11-2012, 05:37 PM
Bump

Fish club reckon they should be out by 5pm.
See you tomorrow
Peter