PDA

View Full Version : Winter Wonder rd4...This Sunday (18th Nov)...

blue_pinky
13-11-2012, 04:41 PM
Hi all,

Time to get ready for round 4 this coming Sunday (18th Nov)...weather is looking mixed so far...dry'ish leading up to the weekend, then wet on Saturday...BBC site will reveal Sundays forecast tomorrow, so fingers crossed for good news!

Who's coming? :D

If the the weather turns nasty, then we'll look into Yatton hosting it again for us if they can. They did a grand job last time out in their much improved, dry indoor venue, guaranteeing there were no wasted journeys and plenty of good racing to be had whatever the weather!

Will keep you updated with regards weather as the week progresses.

DrPaul
13-11-2012, 04:54 PM
Outside! Im in :) 2wd

Simon Smith
13-11-2012, 08:07 PM
Hey dudes - staying WSM this weekend - any chance of a drive at yer awesome track on Sunday as a guest?

Si

blue_pinky
13-11-2012, 11:49 PM
Of course! Just turn up and race...open to everyone and anyone!

Booking in and open practice from 9am, racing from approx 10am

Probably now going to be 4 rounds plus finals due to the early onset of darkness!

:D

blue_pinky
14-11-2012, 09:49 AM
Me again...

...current weather report for Sunday...SUNNY!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Also...a few of us will be at the track on Friday afternoon from about 1pm for a couple of hours doing prep, just leaf and sand brushing and laying a new track layout, anyone who is able to pop along will be welcome to help out :D

Fingers crossed the forecast doesn't change too much!!!

Mowen208fly
14-11-2012, 10:27 AM
I will be along Friday to help!

DrPaul
15-11-2012, 12:30 PM
weather still looking OK for Sunday only a possible chance of a shower. :)

blue_pinky
16-11-2012, 09:47 AM
Was hoping you'd notice that Martin...see there later on!

Weather still looks good...and Saturday has improved a lot now too so hopefully the track will be a pretty good shape with little to do Sunday morning :)

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

blue_pinky
16-11-2012, 04:29 PM
Track has been cleared and prepped for Sunday...

http://www.worm-racing.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/WORM-Track-Winter-Wonder-RD-4.jpg

Magic what 2 hours, a leaf blower and a few pairs of hands can do ;) Thanks to those who helped!

Looking forward to Sunday even more now! :D

Mowen208fly
16-11-2012, 04:32 PM
Track is great I heard a rumour that someone had a dyson on the track!:lol:

highlander
21-11-2012, 05:46 PM
so guys what happened on sunday .. v quiet on hear any results yet...

blue_pinky
21-11-2012, 06:43 PM
I have the results here, but not had chance to post them yet!

Slightly lower turnout this time, but not by much...guess the cold temps scared a few off...but an awesome days racing was had by those who did brave the frost!

Track was totally driveable in the cold, actually felt quite grippy I thought to begin with, then dropped off a bit later on when it started to get dew on it.

Track layout was very sympathetic to the grip and was really driveable I thought...and we got a good number of positive comments on that too during the day.

Dave Belston drove off to win 4wd from myself in 2nd, Kev Taylor took 2wd honours, with Martin hot on his heals...some really close racing in both those finals too....wheel to wheel stuff but really well controlled with no takeouts, a joy to take part in...was superb fun :D

I have a video of the 4wd final to post when i get time as well.

Looking forward to the next one in 2 weeks...back on Saturday next time :)

highlander
21-11-2012, 07:22 PM
ideal Andy weather was great pitty i couldent make this one... b good to see the vid too

danharding
22-11-2012, 12:56 PM
I have the results here, but not had chance to post them yet!

Slightly lower turnout this time, but not by much...guess the cold temps scared a few off...but an awesome days racing was had by those who did brave the frost!

Track was totally driveable in the cold, actually felt quite grippy I thought to begin with, then dropped off a bit later on when it started to get dew on it.

Track layout was very sympathetic to the grip and was really driveable I thought...and we got a good number of positive comments on that too during the day.

Dave Belston drove off to win 4wd from myself in 2nd, Kev Taylor took 2wd honours, with Martin hot on his heals...some really close racing in both those finals too....wheel to wheel stuff but really well controlled with no takeouts, a joy to take part in...was superb fun :D

I have a video of the 4wd final to post when i get time as well.

Looking forward to the next one in 2 weeks...back on Saturday next time :)

I thought I was second?

blue_pinky
22-11-2012, 02:13 PM
lol...maybe your were...my memory seems to be weak on this one, so perhaps I blocked out that little defeat...the results will reveal all no doubt...and proper credit dished out as a result :blush::o:woot: