PDA

View Full Version : Winter Series RD2 - 25th November - All Day Meeting - Supported By X-Factory UK

mikeyscott
18-11-2012, 03:39 PM
Round 2 of the Winter Series, only seems like yesterday that we had Round 1!

Anyway looking forward to another all day meeting.

2WD for me (will be all winter in a bid to learn some skills, 4WD will be parked up until Off Road Wars and spring.)

Results from RD1

http://results.torchracing.co.uk/winter2012-2013/index.htm

Also a reminder Ballistic buggy on driven axles as X-Factory are support our winter series. www.xfactoryrc.co.uk

Format: Round by round quali with single leg finals for all.
Classes - 2WD, 4WD & Juniors

RudeBits www.rudebits.co.uk will be there supporting with their products.
RE Shop, TBC at this stage.

Crazy L
18-11-2012, 05:23 PM
You jest surely Mikey, already? :o

I had better check stuff over then hadn't I, charge my lazy lipo, tighten the wheel nuts.....and....that's about it usually :lol:

See you there.:thumbsup:

AmiSMB
18-11-2012, 10:12 PM
I will certainly be there! Both classes as usual :) Will have to blow some cobwebs off first though :) Will need to get me some of these BB white compound tyres just incase it drys out as I only have green or pink at the moment. What inserts are the best for the BB white?

mikeyscott
18-11-2012, 10:29 PM
I will certainly be there! Both classes as usual :) Will have to blow some cobwebs off first though :) Will need to get me some of these BB white compound tyres just incase it drys out as I only have green or pink at the moment. What inserts are the best for the BB white?

I just use Answer RC inserts from Inside Line in pretty much all my rear tyres, BB or Schumacher.

RudeTony
19-11-2012, 07:19 AM
book me in please

jaywestwood
19-11-2012, 03:58 PM
Hi,

Can some-one ideally a shop confirm that BB tyres will be available to buy track side please

Cheers

Stuweatherman
19-11-2012, 04:00 PM
Grant we've got BB's instock if you're over this way this week.

TARTMAN
19-11-2012, 08:07 PM
Can i check. its not preboooking for this? I am sure its just turn up and book in. but checking to make sure.
cheers Torch dudes!:D

SteveB
19-11-2012, 08:16 PM

Hi,

Can some-one ideally a shop confirm that BB tyres will be available to buy track side please

Cheers

Can i check. its not preboooking for this? I am sure its just turn up and book in. but checking to make sure.
cheers Torch dudes!:D

All

I will make sure some tyres are on site for meeting, you can order with other relevant shops prior the meeting. DMS/xfacotry UK, Inside Line, Mb Models etc

No pre booking in required for meeting.

Thanks Steve

AmiSMB
20-11-2012, 09:24 AM
Grant we've got BB's instock if you're over this way this week.

Cheers mush but unless the weather report changes I have a feeling that I may not need any whites ;)

hotrodchris
23-11-2012, 12:00 PM
Weather not looking bad at the minute for Sunday:woot::thumbsup:

Weather Summary
Saturday Cloudy, wet and very windy on Saturday. Some of the rain will be
heavy and persistent before slowly clearing north overnight, Winds will
ease with a dry and bright morning on Sunday.
Sunday Dry, bright and breezy through the afternoon. Staying dry for much of
the night with patchy cloud and some clear spells. Towards the end of
the night and through Monday morning thicker cloud and isolated
showers will spread in from the south.

mikeyscott
23-11-2012, 12:19 PM
Better get some BB greens lol or make do!

Been too busy to sort TBH. RB6 also on indoor Silverstone setup, time to just wing it!

hotrodchris
23-11-2012, 12:38 PM
Run the DB1 Mikey!

mikeyscott
23-11-2012, 01:39 PM
Run the DB1 Mikey!

That's even less ready - missing RX and shocks!

Shocks need to be rebuilt etc.

hotrodchris
23-11-2012, 02:39 PM
Thats a 5 min job Mikey get your finger out!:p

TARTMAN
23-11-2012, 03:18 PM
OK boys and girls, Its donation to MOvember time. I will be attending round 2 of your winter series, and will be proudly wearing my facial growth, AND, after Neil Dudman has agreed to pay a reasonable top up to the donations, I will be ...

wearing a pink tutu and possibly a blonde wig and maybe more,

so PLEASE, donate as much as you can for the great charity. either by clicking the link below or in cash on the day to my collecting box. even penies help. £pounds are better, but all welcome.......

I will also be dyeing the tash red/white/blue on monday as well. for the last week! Get donating, You know its worth it for me looking like a total plank for the day/week, well more than normal!!!!!

Cheers guys.

http://uk.movember.com/mospace/3227677

TARTMAN
23-11-2012, 03:53 PM
is it gates open at 7am and booking on from 8. or earlier.

gainsy
23-11-2012, 04:11 PM
Short course racing?

SteveB
23-11-2012, 07:19 PM
is it gates open at 7am and booking on from 8. or earlier.

Darren

Gates open from 7am, practice which is open from 8am to 9am, drivers briefing around 9.15 and we get going by 9.30am.

Thanks Steve

SteveB
23-11-2012, 07:21 PM
Short course racing?

Hi Stu

We are planning providing the numbers support to have a stadium truck class for fun and we would welcome the short course to participate within this class.

Look forward to seeing you Sunday

Thanks Steve

gainsy
23-11-2012, 08:29 PM
Thanks Steve :D see you sunday
Due to me having the same arrangement as Tartman with dudders for Movember i will be visiting as batman for the day :woot:

hotrodchris
24-11-2012, 04:20 PM
Sun
9am10am11am12pm1pm2pm3pm4pm 9am10am11am12pm1pm2pm3pm4pmForecastMostly Sunny
Mostly Sunny
Mostly Sunny
Mostly Sunny
Partly Sunny
Partly Sunny
Partly Sunny
Partly Sunny
Temp (°C)10°

Weather still looking good for the day?:thumbsup:

SteveB
25-11-2012, 07:07 AM
Guys

Food catering has been prevented from attending today, so please bring some food or stop on the way in.

Thanks Steve

hazeandfizz
25-11-2012, 06:41 PM
Good effort today team Torch, track held up well in the very difficult conditions.

I would like to to give my view that it was too wet for the finals and points should have been given on quali positions (sure some will disagree but it's just my view).

Roll on the next round,
James.

mikeyscott
25-11-2012, 07:23 PM
Cheers James,

;)

Kelk
25-11-2012, 07:41 PM
Guys I think I may have lost my wedding ring there today - if I came back to poplars farm would I be able to get in to check where I pitted

mikeyscott
25-11-2012, 08:12 PM
Guys I think I may have lost my wedding ring there today - if I came back to poplars farm would I be able to get in to check where I pitted

Please email us info@torchracing.org.uk and we'll certainly try to help you.

Is it Chris?

Kelk
25-11-2012, 08:33 PM
Hi yes it's Chris - just mailed you. Thanks.

hotrodchris
25-11-2012, 09:45 PM
sorry to hear that Chris hope it turns up

hotrodchris
25-11-2012, 09:51 PM
Good and bad day

Weather was good in the morning but just as I blew my R10 speedo up in the FS2 the rain arrived so forced to run the DB1 for the first time must say what an awesome car, seen a lot of feedback about this car in the wet and contary to this with the base setup provided by Tony the car was amazing handled better than the 4wd.

shaun m
25-11-2012, 10:34 PM
Awesome meeting , the only let down was the weather :yawn: , apart from that a well run meeting as always , and thanks to chris for letting me pit in his gazzebo :woot:

roll on rd3 , can someone book some sun please ??!!:p:)

Kelk
25-11-2012, 11:47 PM
sorry to hear that Chris hope it turns up

All found safe and sound eventually!!!

Hope to see you guys again soon - loved the track, just showed how little experience I have outside of SHRCCC

Odd circuit design though, every corner and straight seems to have its own open air swimming pool, not seen that before ;)