PDA

View Full Version : some feedback if you could please regarding the catering at chadderton

thebuttyman
18-11-2012, 08:50 PM
Hi all

just wanted to take 5 mins of your time regarding the catering at the chadderton races.

as i have been covering the races since last year and always appeared to get good feedback ,
would like to ask you all for some feedback as today was a little quieter than the average meetings and this can be quite costly if the sales dont come in etc.

and as leaving today heard there was several comments regarding the food and drink and wanted to know if this had any bearing on the sales today.
but nobody actually came to the van and pass any of there concerns on.

so if you could take the time to do this it would be greatly appreitiated.

i always post menus up well in advance and have been asking since last year if you would like to see certain things on the menu etc

as i know most of you dont pull any punches and straight talking im a big lad
so fire away flak jacket on lol:thumbsup:
if you feel you dont want to post in open forum feel free to inbox me .

cheers

steve

robstanway
18-11-2012, 08:54 PM
Hi Steve,

Nowt wrong with food, it's always been spot on from my point of view.

Half price would be better.lol

Rob

thebuttyman
18-11-2012, 08:56 PM
cheers rob thanks for that and if i could i would lol

paulc
18-11-2012, 09:06 PM
Yeah been spot on for me to no compliants here :thumbsup:

thebuttyman
18-11-2012, 09:07 PM
cheers paulc

Yeah been spot on for me to no compliants here :thumbsup:

NeilRalph77
18-11-2012, 09:24 PM
Today did seem strangely quiet in general but your food was fine no complaints here.

AndyG
18-11-2012, 09:41 PM
Your Steak Canadians are a thing of outstanding natural beauty :thumbsup:

thebuttyman
18-11-2012, 09:50 PM
thanks neil and andy
steak canadians are the future lol

coleman758
18-11-2012, 10:05 PM
My burger was ace!

Don't put mushrooms in your Curry! Haha!!

thebuttyman
18-11-2012, 10:12 PM
and that wasa burger indeed
2 burgers
6 slices of cheese
4 slices oc bacon
fried onions on every layer
on a toasted muffin

theres wasnt mushroom for anything else on that burger lol

My burger was ace!

Don't put mushrooms in your Curry! Haha!!

thebuttyman
18-11-2012, 10:49 PM
thanks for the replys so far but come 78 veiws and only a few comments :woot:

Jlc57
19-11-2012, 08:07 AM
Couldn't last the day without you! As been said steak Canadian superb and the hot chocolate delicious. It did seem a bit quieter than last time or maybe everyone's dieting for Christmas!

Spencer Mulcahy
19-11-2012, 11:19 AM
Your food is ace bud, but I had chilli yesterday it was a bit runny and my wife makes it with baked beans which makes the sauce thicker and tomatoey if you get my drift I am nit picking as you to a fab job cheers Spen.

Bloody hell Rob you just won that radio and you are complaining about the price of a bacon sarny you tight arse LOL.

Stringerhot
19-11-2012, 11:32 AM
Yeah same here top grub ! Don't no if it will bring in more customers but what about some tables and chairs?

robstanway
19-11-2012, 11:55 AM
Your food is ace bud, but I had chilli yesterday it was a bit runny and my wife makes it with baked beans which makes the sauce thicker and tomatoey if you get my drift I am nit picking as you to a fab job cheers Spen.

Bloody hell Rob you just won that radio and you are complaining about the price of a bacon sarny you tight arse LOL.

Ha ha!!! Everybody loves a trier.

andys
19-11-2012, 01:14 PM
Grubs fine mate.

Maybe you need to make sure everyone knows you are there?

Could you come in for the race briefing and say 'hello' and explain what you have on offer for the day - failing that ask Dianne or Steve to mention it.

I could be wrong, buy maybe not everyone knows you are hiding round the back of the sports centre?

Jlc57
19-11-2012, 04:00 PM
I have been eating outside because you cannot take the food and drinks into the hall but I found out yesterday that you can go and sit in the reception area - made it much more comfortable.

bigred5765
19-11-2012, 05:08 PM
or maybe sales are down cause its so close to Xmas, and dosh is tight

bally
19-11-2012, 05:14 PM
My honest opinion on the main the food is very good and reasonable value but i would like to see the following

Bread Cakes of a higher quality, not sure what you pay at the wholesalers but Sainsburys do some great bread cakes for around 20p each, i would be happy to pay another 10p + for quality

Branded Sauces - HP and Heinz would be great

thebuttyman
19-11-2012, 05:59 PM
some construstic feedback so far thank you

chille i take on board did seem a bit thinner than what i normally make.

near to xmas is always a factor with tight budget but compared to last year same time is well down but that could also due to everyone feeling the pinch.

tables n chairs is an option but the way the weather is and that can eat in the bit that has been mentioned would e more suitable than sat in the freezin cold.

signage you maybe right as there seems to be a lot of new faces this year and maybe still dont know im there.

and as regards the bread cakes or shud i say MUFFINS :lol: i but the best in the wholesalers but i did notice they wasnt there usual light soft quality which i have fed back to my wholesaler and also the company that produces them aswell today .

as regards the branded sauces i will look into that and will look at getting them .

any more feedback is welcome anything at all.

what do you think of the menu is there things you would like to see more of?
or things you dont want on there?
i can please every need but if there is a valued audience for some things i will certanly look into .

i can only make this work if people buy from me im not there just to provide a service so to speak .

thanks again and any more feedback fire away.

cheers

steve

Spencer Mulcahy
19-11-2012, 07:02 PM
They are T-cakes not baps muffins or anyhing else people call them LOL. Can of worms opened.

thebuttyman
19-11-2012, 08:17 PM
barm or muffin manc born n bread
tea cakes/bread cakes = from some other odd place lmfao :lol:

and i only serve barms or muffins nowt else haha

They are T-cakes not baps muffins or anyhing else people call them LOL. Can of worms opened.

Jlc57
19-11-2012, 08:48 PM
Is there any mileage in doing cold sandwiches such as ham/cheese/egg etc because not everyone wants something fried?

thebuttyman
19-11-2012, 09:02 PM
have tried cold sarnies before and they all went in the bin as everyone wanted something warm .
but again alway open to the suggestions.
had one person ask on sunday was it you lol.
i also did jacket spuds but more was going in the bin.

Is there any mileage in doing cold sandwiches such as ham/cheese/egg etc because not everyone wants something fried?

jampat2004
19-11-2012, 09:14 PM
Your food is of very good quality and always very tasty,I would definitely go hungry if you wasn't there,I've used you every meeting since you first appeared and will carry on doing so especially for the steak Canadians,could bloody well eat one right now.I agree with andy and maybe it's worthwhile u showing your face during drivers briefing and or having a word with diane.
We certainly don't want to lose your services and especially don't want u going home only breaking even as at the end of the day your just trying to make an honest living.
Anyway better look next time fella.
Jamie

thebuttyman
19-11-2012, 09:25 PM
cheers jamie dont worry i won be giving up and will be there to supply the steak candians matey lol

also once again thanks for everyone that has bought from me since staring last year :D

Your food is of very good quality and always very tasty,I would definitely go hungry if you wasn't there,I've used you every meeting since you first appeared and will carry on doing so especially for the steak Canadians,could bloody well eat one right now.I agree with andy and maybe it's worthwhile u showing your face during drivers briefing and or having a word with diane.
We certainly don't want to lose your services and especially don't want u going home only breaking even as at the end of the day your just trying to make an honest living.
Anyway better look next time fella.
Jamie

MatJohnson
20-11-2012, 08:34 AM
Better forks would be good :)

Food is good though. Wasn't there this time but the chilli is good, difficult to eat with a chip fork though

thebuttyman
20-11-2012, 02:30 PM
i have larger forks there aswell now just if run out from the tray on table just need to ask as your right trying to eat chilli with chippy fork is like trying to eat soup with a fork :lol:

Better forks would be good :)

Food is good though. Wasn't there this time but the chilli is good, difficult to eat with a chip fork though

Spencer Mulcahy
20-11-2012, 03:31 PM
I think that you are trying to make a wide and varied menu that is fantastic but not needed we are a all simple folk who play with toy cars for a hobby and we like the simple things in life like a full breakfast on a BARM (LOL) burgers and chips maybe look at simplifying your menu which would cut down on your overheads thus you make more out of it. This is my own opinion others may disagree.

Jlc57
20-11-2012, 05:19 PM
Wasn't me asking for sandwiches because I like the steak Canadian too much!

thebuttyman
20-11-2012, 09:25 PM
thanks spencer mulcahy i see what your saying but if you actually look at ther full menu its just diffents variations of the simple stuff lol so not much of addition to the over heads.
with a couple of specials etc

full brekki on barm is no problem i did also used to do a full breakfast bacon,egg,sausage,beans,toms,hash brown etc but didnt sell much.
but if people want extras like mushrooms,beans,tomatoes etc on barm i can do that no problem

I think that you are trying to make a wide and varied menu that is fantastic but not needed we are a all simple folk who play with toy cars for a hobby and we like the simple things in life like a full breakfast on a BARM (LOL) burgers and chips maybe look at simplifying your menu which would cut down on your overheads thus you make more out of it. This is my own opinion others may disagree.