PDA

View Full Version : Costly mistake

pesky badger
15-06-2008, 08:39 PM
Ok, so it was my own fault for crashing, but this is going to be a heafty bill. I managed to break the chasis at the front, which in itself wouldn't be too bad. However, this then took out the prop shaft, front cross member, front plate and both front cross member pins. :thumbdown: This is going to cost over £100 to fix and I did this in the second lap of the second heat in a regional, so didn't even get a good days racing. :mad:

I want a hug :(

Garry Driffill
15-06-2008, 08:42 PM
What did you hit ! :o

ben
awww man. Sorry to hear about this. Must of been a heavy crash to do so much damage?

racingdwarf
I'm not to sure if you want a hug of any of the lads on here:woot:.

pesky badger
15-06-2008, 08:59 PM
Stupid thing was, it didn't seem to be that big an impact, but because the front end ripped off, it damaged everything around it (apart from the wishbones and uprights - which surprised me). Very annoyed about the front cross member breaking though. As the front upper wishbone got ripped away, the front cross member pin broke the cross member at its threaded hole. The alloy end of the prop shaft also snapped off. :(

ben
15-06-2008, 09:14 PM
Hmm thats annoying if it didnt seem like a bad impact. Im guessing its sort of broken on the nose bit where it goes quite slim at the front?
Thats were i have seen all of the other ones break :(

turbo_brick
15-06-2008, 09:30 PM
I've done roughly the same damage at york regional today, although it was my own stupid fault, very heavy, nose first landing, managed to snap, chassis, prop, upper and lower wishbones and I'll have a look at the rest tommorrow.

When I look back at how it landed I'm surprised I haven't done more damage to it.

Peter