PDA

View Full Version : Winter Wonder rd6...now cancelled...but....

blue_pinky
05-12-2012, 07:22 PM
...it's ok...just drive about 40 mins up the road to the Caldicot club and join us there for a day of dry & warm indoor fun at their Crimbo racing bash....MINCE PIES and all!!!

As some of you may or may not know, I also help out running the Caldicot RC club, and their Christmas bash clashes with the next WORM race on the 16th, so I personally can't make it to WORM as the committee is looking light at Caldicot that day...but that wouldn't stop WORM running normally...

Si has said that it wouldn't be Cristmas without a Caldicot Crimbo bash, and he wants to come along...and Rick and Kev have also said they'd like to go too, so we took the executive decision to cancel the WORM meeting...and suggest you come a little further north for your racing fix if you were planning to come to WORM.

The same classes run at Caldicot, and it's always a great fun day! We lay decent indoor offroad tracks at Caldicot (though not quite as good as the outdoor track at WORM ;) ) and it's actually a round of the WRCA winter indoor series, so it'll be well attended and guarantees to be a lot of fun for anyone who comes along.

A couple of recent track pics...

http://www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/CRCCC-Track-23-11-12.jpg

http://www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/CRCCC-Track-30-11-12.jpg

Not only that, it offers the chance to practice ahead of their round of the micro Nationals which is in January :D

Booking in is already open for that event, via the WRCA website HERE (http://www.wrca.org.uk/), and closes the Thursday before. Late entry fee's apply. If the WRCA site foxes you (you'll need to register first etc), then email the Caldicot club direct at info@caldicotrcracers.co.uk (info@caldicotrcracers.co.uk)

Hopefully you'll understand our reasons for doing this, and will still come along to our WORM Crimbo Special on Sunday 30th December...we're looking to arrange a specially sponsored prize for everyone who attends that day....details are still TBC...as soon as we get that confirmed we'll let you know...but it'll def add to the festive cheer that day!! :D:D:D

1985steve
06-12-2012, 08:32 AM
Hi Andy,
a couple of us from Bath/Chippenham area were planning on coming to WORM on the 16th. Toying with now coming to Caldicott. What size motors would people generally run indoors in 2wd buggy class? Tracks look good and not too much further for us to come than Mendip would be.

cheers,
Steve

1985steve
09-12-2012, 07:49 PM
We've bitten the bullet and booked in, 3 of us coming from Bath. Looking forward to it, the tracks look like a lot of fun.

Couple of questions:

What tyres are recommended? We are thinking cut staggers and mini pins.
Do we need to bring pit tables/chairs?
Is there power we can use?

Cheers!
steve

Dombrasky
09-12-2012, 11:17 PM
Hi
yellow minipins and cut staggers work there
yes to table and chairs
yes theres power
:)

blue_pinky
10-12-2012, 11:25 AM
:thumbsup::thumbsup: It'll be good to see some new faces at Caldicot!

Just to confirm what Rick has posted, minipins are the tyre of choice on 10th's ...front end depends on your preference/car, what you've mentioned should be fine tbh. And white rally blocks on micros. Trackside spares shop should be there, and should have tyres etc.

Motor wise, it's a 22m straight pretty much, so not a massive track...10.5's are ideal for new/medium grade drivers, I use an 8.5 but turned down in my centro...

Bring your own tables, chairs and extension leads to plug in as there is power spread around the place but slightly randomly placed!

Looking forward to it, should be a good day :D:D:D

1985steve
10-12-2012, 08:59 PM
Cheers Andy. I've only got a 13.5 at the moment , been on the lookout for an 8.5 for a while but they don't come up very often. Maybe father Xmas will be good this year! Anyway I will just turn the boost up and see how it goes. Was pretty quick at worm gorilla race earlier this year. It's a losi 22 I run, nice little car really looking forward to Sunday.

Cheers, steve

rondoolaa
11-12-2012, 12:49 PM
I love the fact you do a vintage race, I just wish I lived a little closer or had the money for a B and B, I'd love to race my Lazer zxr there, shame they don't do a vintage race in the south west.

1985steve
16-12-2012, 09:50 PM
Thanks to everyone for a very enjoyable days racing. Great track and very challenging. We'll try and make it again for the next one and hopefully down to WORM on the 30th also.

Cheers, steve