PDA

View Full Version : vega gen 2 anti squat help

lsdevey
10-12-2012, 07:36 PM
hi there can any one help ? do i have to dremel some of the rear hinge pin block under motor to change anti squat on rear of my new vega gen2 b4.1 becouse i cant fit any of the kit shims under as the block hits the motor plate.has any one had the same problem and is there a fix apart from dremel hacking.also iv read that i need to dremel my rear wish bones away so as the diff outdrives miss as arms move up,my wish bones already have a cut out in them and they dont hit the diff is this enough or again do i need to dremel .any help would be great ,THANX:confused:

MHeadling
10-12-2012, 09:05 PM
Have a look here:

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70398

Yes you have to take some off the rear toe block to put the anti squat shims in.only 5 mins work with the dremel.

The Gen 2 has a raised gearbox compared to the Gen 1 car so you don't need to take much at all from the arms, just test fit them and take a little from the original diff outdrive cut away.

Hope this helps

lsdevey
10-12-2012, 09:14 PM
thanx for your reply.so i do have to dremel a slot in block so as motor plate fits in wen lifted buy shims.the pictures in the link you sent me dont show any shims under block:confused: i can see 45 deg shamfer on block but my motor seems to mesh fine without doing this:confused:

MHeadling
10-12-2012, 09:18 PM
Yes your correct you have to take a corner off the block to clear the motor plate.

The blocks very strong to doing these mods are fine, I'm yet to break one

MHeadling
10-12-2012, 09:19 PM
These pics are from the Gen 1 car so with the raised gear box you don't need to chamfer as much off the block or wishbones

lsdevey
10-12-2012, 09:20 PM
thats great:thumbsup: thanx for ur help.do u no were i will get a good carpet set up?

MHeadling
10-12-2012, 09:27 PM
Have a look on this section of the forum and go with Danny McGee base set up and work from there, maybe try a brass bulkhead?