PDA

View Full Version : Race DVDs

Tim Ward
17-06-2008, 04:22 PM
I have had contact with a firm who make DVDs of sporting events, using hi-tech pole mounted equipment.

They are interested in seeing if there is a market for high quality DVDs of Mid-East Regionals, and other events.

What are your thoughts?
Would you buy a DVD that focussed mainly on the front runners, or one that spent some time with all the cars?

Would you prefer an overall 'birds eye' view of the track?

Would you be willing to pay, say, £20 for it? If not - how much?

jim76
17-06-2008, 04:25 PM
i wouldn't pay money for a regional DVD, maybe for a national though. not sure i would stretch to £20 either but that would depend on the content/duration i guess.

RSharpy
17-06-2008, 04:51 PM
Sounds good but how much would something like that cost? Even if you were happy just to break even I don't feel the volume in sales would be there if just consentrating on one region. The Mid East gets somewhere in between 35 and 50 drivers attending meetings, lets say you sell 20 dvd's at the end of year thats £400. Would that cover costs?

I think it would be more viable for nationals.

Would the dvd have commentry/talking etc?

dbizzle5
17-06-2008, 06:40 PM
Dont think you would sell hardly any to be honest. I would buy one but Im a geek!:thumbsup::thumbsup::p:p

Robbiejuk
18-06-2008, 11:37 AM
End of year finals or nationals might be good. End of year review might be nice for the national series to. I reckon the regional series would be a bit small for them to make ends meet. Although i am quite intrigued about what an aerial view of the race would look like :)