PDA

View Full Version : Important Notice regarding Transponders

Dave Dodd
15-12-2012, 10:20 AM
As many of you will know Mylaps have released a new timing Decoder RC4 and a new transponder RC4 (nickname Purcy). Anyone considering the purchase of a new RC4 transponder should be aware that it will only work with the RC4 decoder. WBMCC have 1 decoder which is a RC3 model, which could be updated to the latest RC4 firmware if need be. There is a problem however. RC4 decoders can only read AMB/mylaps pts and handouts, Harrys and Purcys. They will not read MRT transponders.
Since a lot club members already have MRT pts, we do not intend updating our decoders in the forseeable future. Therefore if you turn up to a meeting with an RC4 pt you will have to use a club handout. We have also noticed on a couple of occasions that we have had amb and mrt number matches, so if you are using a pre-programmed mrt please let me know at race control so that i may keep an eye out for any missed laps or clashes. Thank you.

Details of recent testing of decoders can be found at http://www.bbksoftware.com (http://www.bbksoftware.com)

cunawarit
16-12-2012, 08:16 PM
I'm guessing the long term future of MRT transponders is uncertain then. I'm well aware that it is pointless to speculate, but I just wondered what your view was.

Dave Dodd
17-12-2012, 09:22 AM
I'm guessing the long term future of MRT transponders is uncertain then. I'm well aware that it is pointless to speculate, but I just wondered what your view was.

I'm sure mrt are working on a software fix but I think until we see many drivers turning up with the new Purcy pt, we can safely carry on using our current decoder. The only problem we are starting to see at the moment is clashes between amb and mrt numbers.

Robbiejuk
17-12-2012, 12:46 PM
I'm sure mrt are working on a software fix but I think until we see many drivers turning up with the new Purcy pt, we can safely carry on using our current decoder. The only problem we are starting to see at the moment is clashes between amb and mrt numbers.

The only clashes we are having are between pre-programmed MRT's The ones with the twenty numbers programmed into them. Mrt Clones of original my-laps numbers are fine.

Dave Dodd
17-12-2012, 04:56 PM
The only clashes we are having are between pre-programmed MRT's The ones with the twenty numbers programmed into them. Mrt Clones of original my-laps numbers are fine.

I have altered post 1, to pre-programmed mrt's :)