PDA

View Full Version : Eden Park Raceway's - LAST BIG PUSH WORK PARTY Weekend

brookie
19-06-2008, 10:30 PM
As per usual we are planning on continuing the work parties this weekend, the last weekend before our National! Hoping for another good turnout this weekend after the successes we've had recently.

We will be trackside both SATURDAY and SUNDAY in a final big push finishing off all the developments that have been identified and documented.

There's yet more work on finishing the rostrum (I put the fifth and final coat of paint on it this evening!), fencing (Steve Andrews looks to be coming up on Sunday, grass cutting (Steve Andrews again!), tidying the banks/waste ground, preparing the access route, weeding, strimming, track painting, electrics etc., etc. The list goes on!

As per usual on the Saturday we'll be sampling the delights of the 'Sunshine Cafe' before meeting at the track at about 10:00AM. Sunday it'll have to be McDonald's at Shirley Poppy.

With the National the folloiwing weeknd and the normal seven days rule in force, only drivers with 4WD cars can practice after the work party on the Saturday. There will be NO PRACTICE on Sunday 22.06!

Hope to see you all on Saturday and/or Sunday, lets keep the momentum going! Only ONE week to go now until the BIG ONE!

MattADH
20-06-2008, 08:44 AM
I am probably going to be a little late on Saturday AM.

Dont forget that Paul Bricknell is still on for tomorrow but he knows what he has to do...

cwilson
20-06-2008, 03:29 PM
i'll be there as usual. but i guess i'll have to get the zaboon going as i cant use the xxxcr caus of 7 day rule. every one going to be suprized when i turn up. chris dont tell them. watch this space!

millzy
20-06-2008, 03:37 PM
With the National the folloiwing weeknd and the normal seven days rule in force, only drivers with 4WD cars can practice after the work party on the Saturday. There will be NO PRACTICE on Sunday 22.06!

Hope to see you all on Saturday and/or Sunday, lets keep the momentum going! Only ONE week to go now until the BIG ONE!

Nothing to do with the club myself and I’m not trying to stir up any friction.
hats off to all the hard work you guys are putting in for the national

but I thought the 7day rule applied for drivers competing in the national event and those who where not are able to test the track with what ever class they wished? club chairman willing of course

Obviously your club rules are you club rules and I’m not challenging them, I’m merely asking as at Taly I ran 2wd on the Thursday and 4wd on the Saturday in the 7 day rule period but due to not competing thought this way ok???

millzy
20-06-2008, 03:44 PM
Hope my question didn’t offend you Matt

just wanted guidance for future reference

MattADH
20-06-2008, 04:02 PM
No offence. TBH, I am unsure of the actual ruling on this...

Maybe its easier just to say no practice this weekend anyway. With the weather and people that are coming to the work party, I doubt they will have cars with them anyway and most are not competing at the national anyway!

brookie
20-06-2008, 07:24 PM
BRCA 2008 Handbook, Section 14. The Track, Rule 14.12

'The track will be closed to any kind of use, whether for race events or practice, by anyone, including the clubs own members, for the whole of the seven day period immediately prior to the commencement of a National event'

Personally I think this could be read two different ways, either you can use your 4WD on the Saturday 8 days before the 4WD National event or as the Saturday is only 7 days 'prior to the commencement of a National event' then neither class can practice.
This rule may need some more words me thinks!

Either way, as Matt has previously stated, we'll go for the 'safe' option NO PRACTICE THIS WEEKEND!

And one thing is for sure Millzy.....OOPS!!! SHOOOSH!!!

And another thing, tomorrow is the Summer Solstice so we can all work 'til about 10:30PM anyway!!!

Charles - I know! I know!

niggs98
20-06-2008, 07:36 PM
am still in a lot of pain at the mo so cant make this weekend. i will however be there from wednesday either way so if paul hasnt sorted things i shall do then. good luck to all this weekend and sorry i cant be there as i really want to be ;). matt/steve pls give me as much notice as possible as to electrical work that still needs doing after pauls visit :D

MattADH
20-06-2008, 10:40 PM
Should not be a problem. Paul just has to fit the two sockets and run the armoured cable back. Then he is fitting a check meter in the club house. We should be fine but thanks for asking. See you Wednesday then!

martboy21
20-06-2008, 11:05 PM
will be there as usual in the morning but i WILL make the cafe as im getting a lift so sausage sandwiches it is then!anything needed for tommorow other than usual?cheers

mr butler

David Church
21-06-2008, 07:14 PM
How did you guys get on today????

Sorry I couldn't make it, very worn out after a 57 hour work week, but I do plan on being there wed, thur to get things finished:thumbsup:

MattADH
22-06-2008, 09:07 PM
Hey DC

Had a good couple of days and got lots done.

The side access for Friday has been cleared including trimming back the ferns, cutting the grass, etc.

The whole track has now been strimmed including the infield as well as the Astro for the spectators. This will make the painting loads easier - especially on the edges that took you so much time to scrape first time round.

Paul Bricknell kindly fitted the check meter and there is power for the referees lap top at both ends of the rostrum.

The cut down trees have been moved from the piting area and the boards for the signs have been mounted to scrutineering, the rstrum and race control whilst the gates at either end have fixing points to hold them over.

I am sure there is loads more done but cannot think of it at the moment!

David Church
23-06-2008, 07:52 PM
Sounds good,i will be there wed and thur to help:thumbsup: