PDA

View Full Version : NE Regionals splitting???

jimarea51
22-06-2008, 09:05 PM
Hi all,

After a long debate with a few other NE regional drivers we started talking about the rising costs in travelling to the various venues, I for one commented on the distance been greater to attend the NE regional series than going to the national championship....

So my question is this:--- With the ever increasing cost of fuel is it time that the three Northern NE clubs (Teesside, Jarrow and South shield/Durham.) spread there wings and go it alone, leaving York, Batley and Bury as a NE southeren division???

Please feel free to coment, good or bad, we're here to listen.....

Jim:p

josh_smaxx
22-06-2008, 09:10 PM
It wont work, i'll tell you now that bately will probably be the highest attended this year (in 2wd anyway) and if its not included in the series as with other clubs (mainly York) then the northern one wont be well attended enough, i know id go to the york, batley series even though im a teesside local, just race at teesside as non-regional.

Rick
22-06-2008, 09:10 PM
Last time I looked on a map Bury wasn't in the NE, surely that adds to the distance

jimarea51
22-06-2008, 09:13 PM
Rick,

Bury was part of the NE regional series last year, and was supposed to be part of it again this year, other than a oversite in dates.....

It's closer to the lower half of the new region than any of the existing clubs......

Cockerill
22-06-2008, 09:14 PM
Last time I looked on a map Bury wasn't in the NE, surely that adds to the distance

Depends where your from, According to Google, York --> Jarrow is 80 miles, 1hr 44mins. York --> Bury is 69.5 miles, 1hr 26 mins

josh_smaxx
22-06-2008, 09:14 PM
It was only included last year to help it out coz it had low attendancies.

chris68nufc
22-06-2008, 09:15 PM
I am not surprised this has come about. If this happens then i think that most of the NE lads(Northern) would still travel to the other more Southerly Regionals. I am also hoping that this is not an attempt to stick your fingers up to the Northern racers after what has went on and has been said on this Forum. I think that Regionals would be crippled up North if this happens. Im voting to keep it the same personally as i dont do Nationals but may have to next year if this happens.:thumbdown:

Rick
22-06-2008, 09:21 PM
Depends where your from, According to Google, York --> Jarrow is 80 miles, 1hr 44mins. York --> Bury is 69.5 miles, 1hr 26 mins

So if you take it out thats 139 miles less to travel ;)

jimarea51
22-06-2008, 09:23 PM
Hi all,

I think you've all got the wrong end of this post....

I am mearly trying to asertain (can't spell) what price you'd go to/travel, and weather you think that the price of fuel will have an adverse affect on the region as a whole... Therefore one concideration is to split the regions, please feel free to add any other ideas....

JIm:p

Chequered Flag Racing
22-06-2008, 09:24 PM
is it time that the three Northern NE clubs (Teesside, Jarrow and South shield/Durham.) spread there wings and go it alone, leaving York, Batley and Bury as a NE southeren division???

Please feel free to coment, good or bad, we're here to listen.....

Wouldn't it need a new region to be formed?

Were would you southerners fit in :lol:

6. THE REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS

6.2 The Regions are: East of England, Mid.
South, Mid.East, Mid.West, North East, North
West, Northern Ireland, Scotland, South East,
South West and Wales.

Cockerill
22-06-2008, 09:25 PM
I'm not gonna comment on what clubs should be used or not. I can see where Jim is coming from with the current cost of traveling, but I would like to see us as one region (just with less traveling to save money). I'd also like to see a National in the NE :thumbsup:

RcRob
22-06-2008, 09:27 PM
Wouldn't it need a new region to be formed?

Were would you southerners fit in :lol:

Northerner's = Scotland :lol:
Southerner's = North East :thumbsup:

jimarea51
22-06-2008, 09:29 PM
Tom,

Agreed, prehaps another way to deal with this would be to make more round of the championship with fewer to count, eg, 8 rounds thats 2 at each venue and only 5 round to count to your overall score....

chris68nufc
22-06-2008, 09:30 PM
The cost of travel is crap i know that. For the York Regional we car shared to keep costs down. Do others not do this? I suppose it depends on how much you enjoy what you are doing or if you prefer to spend your money on Nationals etc. I agree with a National being held in the North East but do you mean Batley/York/Durham??

Chequered Flag Racing
22-06-2008, 09:32 PM
rising costs in travelling to the various venues,

Just travelled to Clay Cross & back from Teesside today, approx 240miles for 12th meeting on £25's on my tod.

52.5mpg on cruise control with a boot full of kit

go by a DIESEL if you all ready haven't

josh_smaxx
22-06-2008, 09:32 PM
Tom,

Agreed, prehaps another way to deal with this would be to make more round of the championship with fewer to count, eg, 8 rounds thats 2 at each venue and only 5 round to count to your overall score....

I wouldnt mind seeing that, and for us who are commited to travelling gives us a second chance at every venue. Good idea :thumbsup:

Cockerill
22-06-2008, 09:33 PM
Just generally the NE Chris, a nice permanent track would be good where we can get some home advantage (that we would be allowed to practice on).

That sounds like an idea Jim, then we could choose the closest venue's, but those who want to do all still can.

Car Sharing is ideal but with the amount of equipment/camping gear it is hard to get more than two racers per car, never mind if a parent comes to.

Anymore ideas anyone?

jimarea51
22-06-2008, 09:35 PM
chris68nufc,

I understand what your saying but, how the hell did you fit all you gear in one car?? Enough stuff to sleep/camp, food and of course the most important bit the RC stuff??

josh_smaxx
22-06-2008, 09:39 PM
chris68nufc,

I understand what your saying but, how the hell did you fit all you gear in one car?? Enough stuff to sleep/camp, food and of course the most important bit the RC stuff??

I got ALL my stuff minus a tent in the boot of a BMW 3 series including a large nitro monster truck and a mahussive sleeping bag (that when rolled up is about a foot in diameter and the width of the boot) so in an estate it can be done.

chris68nufc
22-06-2008, 09:39 PM
More rounds would be good but i know for sure that the Further North venues would be dropped by most racers and that would mean that the cost to put on Regional would be far greater than money received from entries. Im sure that this will happen if it has now been spoke about on here and has obviousley been spoke about in length at another time. The future is looking bleak for racing off road in the North East!

jimarea51
22-06-2008, 09:46 PM
All,

Once again, your reading too much into this thread.... It is just a feeler to find out what people think/want, however if you think that the most northeren clubs would suffer then you have already admitted that you know the distance is an issue to most people....

Please don't think of this as a 'quote' about what will happen, its just some constructive feed back from the racers of the region...

Lee
22-06-2008, 09:47 PM
I can see everyones point and see the positives but there are also negatives. York and batley are established clubs and people know they exsist. people dont know about jarrow and durham, im sure the regional brings in some much needed cash for the clubs (i may be wrong) I think splitting the region would cause these smaller clubs to go under or become less supported.

I did durham to york last saturday morning in 56 mins thats not bad going. But i am off my tits i drove 160 mile each way today for a club meeting :eh?:

bigred5765
22-06-2008, 09:47 PM
i say do it
jarrow teeside all well over 120miles for us, i for one say DO IT

josh_smaxx
22-06-2008, 10:01 PM
i say do it
jarrow teeside all well over 120miles for us, i for one say DO IT

So you think the northeast region should cut these clubs off (that are in the northeast) and force them into a smaller series that will be seriously undersupported and probably wont make it into the second year? all because its a few to many miles for you? Didnt want that to sound sharp but i think i gave a few more valid points than your post.

Mike Hudson
22-06-2008, 10:10 PM
Get a couple coaches and ya'll sorted... :lol:

bigred5765
22-06-2008, 10:17 PM
So you think the northeast region should cut these clubs off (that are in the northeast) and force them into a smaller series that will be seriously under supported and probably wont make it into the second year? all because its a few to many miles for you? Didn't want that to sound sharp but i think i gave a few more valid points than your post.

and
the three clubs are north north east.i think you should try driving up to bury twice a year josh then you can comment on weather there allowed in,
:p its not your decision or mine:p but may be a poll would decide it. i think it would be a good idea the three clubs mentioned are so far north, i heard father Xmas races there :p lol do a poll jim

Garry Driffill
22-06-2008, 10:18 PM
I didnt think you was North East Carl ? :)

Garry Driffill
22-06-2008, 10:19 PM
I think it should just be left as it is and include more like Bury Metro !

josh_smaxx
22-06-2008, 10:23 PM
Carl, i see where your coming from and as i dont drive then i cannot even begin to comprehend the price of fuel and traveling up and down the country to race. But i do believe without having the support of York/Bately in the series the other clubs will die out pretty quickly.

Im sure i will come down to Bury but since its not technically NorthEast then i dont really have to.

bigred5765
22-06-2008, 10:26 PM
Gary we ran northeast for the last 5 years, its only this year we backed of to run northwest as it was getting ridiculous traveling 110 Miles to York 120 miles Nissan factory.140+ to tee side,batley is 60 thats fine bury is 22 ish thats fine even York is okish at 110 but try traveling 144 to tee side then racing a full day then traveling back its just to far,
i see no harm in the three running nne and other three NE why would it affect your clubs.?

James
22-06-2008, 10:31 PM
Some of you southern northeners perhaps could look at the mideast next year ... ?

Just a thought

josh_smaxx
22-06-2008, 10:34 PM
It would affect them because the 3 clubs in question i dont think are big enough combined to hold a series and the main bulk of people who regularly attend the northeast regional series would prefer to race at the bigger, more established clubs like york/batley and maybe bury (still dont think bury is NE). I just think it would fail.

I say dont fix what isnt broken, the clubs are still running, people arnt moaning to badly about fuel costs and the racing is good. Carl, i think your the only person who has a major problem with the distances are your not even racing in the NE this year.

bigred5765
22-06-2008, 10:38 PM
correct but were do you think this idea came from, not me josh for sure read jims first post, people have been complaining about traveling costs and rising fuel cost,anf having to spend hours traveling way up north,do a poll

josh_smaxx
22-06-2008, 10:39 PM
do a poll

To be honest, i think thats the best way to go from here. Can Jim edit this thread into a poll?

Anyway, im going to sleep now so i wont be replying till the morning :)

turbo_brick
22-06-2008, 10:40 PM
Money regionals bring in - it COST Jarrow several hundred pounds after the race fees were paid in to host the regional, this of course wasn't helped by the fact we were limited to hosting one day event and paid weekend hire for everything, therefore only had the income from a one day event to cover a weekend of costs. We're a small club and wouldn't like to comment yet if we could afford to put another regional on.

Splitting the North East Region - Many thought these comments would be made by those to the South of the region this year as there was more Northern clubs chosen to hold regionals, those from North of the region have for many years travelled at great cost to events in the South of the region without complaint, many travelling 120 miles plus each way every time to York, Batley and Bury several times a year. Until THIS YEAR when there has been more Northern regionals, there hasn't been a problem with people complaining about travelling, so suppose that shows where this issue has come from. Northern folks even travel down to the likes of Bury and Batley doing several hundred miles in one day just for club days to support these clubs, shame it never happens other way round.

There is not currently a track in the North of the region which could compare to the likes of Batley and Bury, which unfortunately means lack of support. This year there was opportunity for members from the North of the region to just attend local regionals to gain points needed (Durham, Jarrow and Teeside) but everyone travelled down to York which hopefully shows them as more than willing to take part, wherever it might be at whatever cost it may involve.

We may not have the best tracks in the North of the region, nowhere near the facilities elsewhere but I for one am very proud of what is achieved by much smaller clubs and appreciate fully what effort it requires to host a regional event.

A National 'Up North' would be great, can't see it ever happening, but a nice thought.

(mrs) turbo_brick

Chequered Flag Racing
23-06-2008, 06:52 AM
I got ALL my stuff minus a tent in the boot of a BMW 3 series including a large nitro monster truck and a mahussive sleeping bag (that when rolled up is about a foot in diameter and the width of the boot) so in an estate it can be done.

Plus your Parents cos you can't drive a road car or model car :lol::p

nobby
23-06-2008, 07:53 AM
this thread has really pissed me off.
as normal a few poeple complain about something and it's the northern most clubs and racers that have to suffer.
some of us have been doing this sport for a long time (25 years for me) and we are the ones that alwas get the shitty end of the stick.

i agree with turbo brick the smaller clubs like durham and jarrow wouldn't bother putting a regional on as the numbers wouldn't be there so the money wouldn't be there so that means the clubs would have to close.

and this means no more racing for the racers from the north of the region so that means if we want to race (just at a club) we have to TRAVEL to batley york or bury but then again does anyone give a shit about us? do they balls as it has been for years.

how come nobody complains about the traveling costs of doing the nationals?????????

i do more traveling for racing than most of you lot on here throughout the year yet i still get up on a sunday mourning at 05:00 when i'm not racing in a comp for 12th scale / touring cars / or buggys and do a club race.

me and a couple of lads did southport a while ago i was up at 05:00 over to turbo bricks house for 06:00 packed the car on the road for 07:00 got stuck in a traffic jam just as we were about 8 to 10 miles from southport got there at 10:15 raced all day left the track at 17:00 and got back to turbo bricks house at 21:20 i got home at 21:50 (OH THE MOST INPORTANT BIT WE HAD FUN) thats why we do it.

go ahead have a poll just remember if you guys do this i'll still travel and race but i know a few that will give up.

and clubs will close so as normal do what you like just think about the affects to others.

Lee
23-06-2008, 08:35 AM
You boys have no stamina, i flew back from norway in january to come to york regional. :bored:

jimarea51
23-06-2008, 08:45 AM
Nobby,

This thread was never intended to P***s anyone off, it was only a discution to see if we as a whole region thought that the time had come where the region could stand being split...

I appreciate what your saying about travelling over the years, and I too have been racing for some 25 years plus...

So the general concensos is that the more northeren clubs wouldn't be able to hold a regional series due the lower amount of club members, but until thats explained, then people just assume every clubs the same...

I don't think this thread needs turning into a poll, that would be counter productive, but please keep talking and offering your opinions....

nobby
23-06-2008, 08:46 AM
You boys have no stamina, i flew back from norway in january to come to york regional. :bored:
it's not a case of stamina lee.
i think you can understand that if this split goes through racers in the north of the region will have nowhere to race on a club night (i know you don't do club nights as you can't get away on tuesday nights)

but you have to look at the possible affect on the tyne & wear and teesside clubs.

sorry about my rant but it just seems that we (the northern most clubs) just get pushed to one side.
this year i though cool this is the first year in i don't know how long i didn't have to do s#~t loads of traveling to do the regional series but the first time we hold more than one round north of teesside people start whinging.

someone said bury didn't get a round as someone forgot or something.
if they had of got a round i would of still come and raced.

bigred5765
23-06-2008, 08:52 AM
Nobby i to have been in the sport some 20 od years and for the past 5 have been traveling 10000 miles plus a year to travel up your end racing, along with a lot of other racers, why take it personally, its 144 mile to your club for me batley is in the middle of us so i cant see your problem.if people would give up racing as you say,then think how many in the lower North of the country all ready have because of this, sorry but thats a lame excuse,i think if you read the whole post Jim was only trying to get thoughts on this and not have people come on ranting and raving,

chrispattinson
23-06-2008, 08:55 AM
Personally, I don't see a problem with the way the regionals are run at the moment. I don't see Bury as a NE regional venue. Maybe the BRCA should be contacted and asked to draw up boundries for the regionals?? After all, it's their regional championship that we all race in, and then move on to their finals? I don't think these regions should be defined by where racers live though. It sounds like some people are just being a bit selfish and tight to be honest.

Get your wallets out for the fuel, or car share. If you just take one tool box, including cells, tranny etc, and your car, you can get 3 people in a car with RC stuff and camping gear. And those that take loads more gear than that, does it really benefit you? I've only really taken my cells, car and tranny, and a change of tyres to regionals that I've made the A final???

If the region did split, then it would mean that there'd be less places for the BRC finals, 7 in each part of the region. I'm sure looking at the ability scale, some of the northern lads would be able to qualify a bit more easily - though I'm sure some of the southern NE racers might miss out???

I don't know if the northern lads would travel to the southern regionals, I know I would'nt, if it prevented me from points scoring in the northern rounds.

regarding more rounds - I dont think there is room in the calendar for say 8 regional events during the year.

chrispattinson
23-06-2008, 08:58 AM
Maybe a poll to ask should we contact the BRCA to get them to define a region?

And last time I checked, it's not a p**'sing contest to see who does the most miles

Lee
23-06-2008, 09:06 AM
Nobby my post wasn`t aimed at you i know you do a lot of travelling as do i.

I think that if it were to split but i hope it doesn`t, i think i would compete in the southern sector as this is where the competition would be, whilst we have good drivers up north there isn`t anyone really capable of making a national A anymore. This is the only way i see myself improving.

I cant see any more events put on as the calender is pretty full as it is and more regionals would detract from club days and possibly kill off the clubs we desperately need.

On a side note, does anyone know who decides the regions and boundaries etc

nobby
23-06-2008, 09:08 AM
Nobby i to have been in the sport some 20 od years and for the past 5 have been traveling 10000 miles plus a year to travel up your end racing, along with a lot of other racers, why take it personally, its 144 mile to your club for me batley is in the middle of us so i cant see your problem.if people would give up racing as you say,then think how many in the lower North of the country all ready have because of this, sorry but thats a lame excuse,i think if you read the whole post Jim was only trying to get thoughts on this and not have people come on ranting and raving,
i agree batley is in the middle for me and you but it's on the south edge of the northeast region.

so i think i'm entiteled to have a rant as i feel like it's the guys from the northern most clubs that suffer.

nobby
23-06-2008, 09:21 AM
Nobby my post wasn`t aimed at you i know you do a lot of travelling as do i.

I think that if it were to split but i hope it doesn`t, i think i would compete in the southern sector as this is where the competition would be, whilst we have good drivers up north there isn`t anyone really capable of making a national A anymore. This is the only way i see myself improving.

I cant see any more events put on as the calender is pretty full as it is and more regionals would detract from club days and possibly kill off the clubs we desperately need.

the only reason i thought of you lee was because we travel from the same area.

but i do agree with you if the region splits which i hope it doesn't i would do the south as thats were the competition would be and i want to race against the best drivers.

but your right if we split clubs will go down.

notlawnomis
23-06-2008, 09:30 AM
Splitting the N/E region is an easy one to answer, No.

What other region has found the need to consider this, is our area any bigger than other regions??

For the record, geographically Bury never has been or will be within the boundaries of the northeast, irrelevant of Bury hosting N/E regionals in past years when venues were short. The whole idea of the BRCA setting up regional areas was to allow people within their geographical areas to compete against racers that area, prior to progressing to national events.

Fuel cost should be a non-issue with regards BRCA events, its the same for any sporting competitions ran by a national body. You compete within your budget, if you can't afford to race at nationals and regionals, you compete and club level and local competitions.

I also disagree with the notion that Jarrow/NERCR/Teesside would fold, considering the increasing number of racers from these clubs. You don’t have to have a N/E regional to hold an competition.

What we are missing is a club around the York to Durham area to hold a meeting, previous years has been filled by Darlington and Harrogate clubs.

Diluting the region to 8 meetings isn’t a great idea. We are getting to the point of having a strong turn out at all meetings. Splitting the region would result in lower turn out, less competition, and tighter racing calendar (that’s if its possible to fit these extra meetings in). I bet you would also get a large number or racers from the N/E racing at both sets of N/E regionals, therefore essentially increasing costs to those racers.

chrispattinson
23-06-2008, 09:35 AM
Simon - Nail on the head.

If you can't meet the budget, then only race at the level you can afford, don't change the competition to meet your budget.

- oh wait, I can only afford to run a Nikko car at the regional, lets all change the rules so that we all have to run Nikko cars. Bagsy no duracells!

What's coming next, the environmentalist slant - more Co2 in the air from long distances.

notlawnomis
23-06-2008, 09:38 AM

I'd expect that to be the Boundaries Commission for England, don't see why the BRCA would set different boundaries to those set by a government agency. Unless they use statistical data on all members location and classes raced. I doubt the BRCA would go to such lengths for this though.

bigred5765
23-06-2008, 09:39 AM
so if you guys have that much money to throw at racing, it wouldnt hurt you rich kids to travel to bury batley or york to race then peoblem solved,

Lee
23-06-2008, 09:40 AM
Carl, WE DO!!

Its not the northern sector proposing the change :thumbdown:

chrispattinson
23-06-2008, 09:41 AM
We all do race at Batley Bury and York???? when theres a NE regional on.

nobby
23-06-2008, 09:45 AM
Carl, WE DO!!

Its not the northern sector proposing the change :thumbdown:
well said

turbo_brick
23-06-2008, 09:50 AM
so if you guys have that much money to throw at racing, it wouldnt hurt you rich kids to travel to bury batley or york to race then peoblem solved,

As has been said we do, for regionals, some of us even travel there for a club day, I don't see anyone from that way travelling up here for club days or other competitions except regionals.

notlawnomis
23-06-2008, 09:53 AM

Who said they had money to throw around??

You must be way down south Carl if you travelled 10000 miles to race at N/E regional meetings in 5 years, as its N/E regionals we are discussing, where you coming from South Africa :lol:

You also seem to consider it fairer for all the people in the NNE of the region to travel to Bury (in the NORTH WEST), than it is for people for the NORTH WEST to travel to the NNE regionals to compete in the N/E regional series.

Is there something wrong with the N/W regional series??

Lee
23-06-2008, 09:56 AM

Yes, the guest heat is usually the quickest heat :lol:

chrispattinson
23-06-2008, 09:56 AM
Hang on, is this BigRed trouble maker in the NW?????

No money to throw around here mate.

chrispattinson
23-06-2008, 09:58 AM

:lol:

bigred5765
23-06-2008, 10:02 AM
Who said they had money to throw around??

You must be way down south Carl if you travelled 10000 miles to race at N/E regional meetings in 5 years, as its N/E regionals we are discussing, where you coming from South Africa :lol:

You also seem to consider it fairer for all the people in the NNE of the region to travel to Bury (in the NORTH WEST), than it is for people for the NORTH WEST to travel to the NNE regionals to compete in the N/E regional series.

nationals regionals and euros nuff said, not just my point looking at all possibles

jimarea51
23-06-2008, 10:05 AM
Right then guys...

There's not going to be a split in the region that I'm aware of..... This thread was opened up for a discution, and it really making a good read, even if some poeple are reading far too much into it....

Please try to remain constructive and not focus on the negatives, I for one don't care how far it is to travel to regional or nationals, hell I've been doing them for so long its like a second nature, that said I'm still interested in other peoples thoughts...

That said, If fuel costs rise at the same rate over the next few months, wouldn't it be nice to have the option to travel less distance, yet still quallify for the EOYF??

This is not a battle between north and very north:lol:....

Keep them posts coming, this is the best thread we've had for ages, people are finding out alot of personal preferences, threfore the powers that be can use this to help make the furure of the regional championship a brighter one:D

bigred5765
23-06-2008, 10:09 AM
Hang on, is this BigRed trouble maker in the NW?????

No money to throw around here mate.

no matey just bouncing of your posts,i don't mind traveling up nne, and have done as i said for the past 5 years, racing first as always but the northwest region is suffering,and i know adding more clubs would help in this area,in the northeast there are 5 descent clubs 2-3 smaller ones that keep popping up then dying down/ northwest only has two, next year were moving to mid west possibly. but think more what you lot could do for the northwest, to help that region,batley and York are all with in reasonable traveling distance for the usually regional guys,dont be selfish share and share a like lol

chrispattinson
23-06-2008, 10:11 AM
Good debate, yes, it's almost like a chat room at the moment.

Ive just learned that BigRed doesnt even race!!! Does that mean I can get my dad, mam and wife voting on the issue aswell?

Ok, lets make this positive. NE region seems to be one of the best regions to compete in?? Is this correct, I dont know for sure as I have never raced NW or any other?

So if it's one of the best, I dont see the point in changing it, though maybe we should encourage car sharing, through a car sharing thread for regionals?

chrispattinson
23-06-2008, 10:14 AM
Ok, so how is this going to help the NW, sorry for being short sighted, but I dont see how the NW would benefit?

Lee
Personally i see no benefit for the region if it gets split. It takes away the feel of a "bigger" meeting by having it on your doorstep, people wont stay over so it will lose the social side of things. The competitiveness will be split and therefore making both sectors weaker.

the only positive is the saving on fuel, but honestly is this really a big cost, i dont think so in the grand scheme of things :D

bigred5765
Good debate, yes, it's almost like a chat room at the moment.

Ive just learned that BigRed doesn't even race!!! Does that mean I can get my dad, mam and wife voting on the issue aswell?

OK, lets make this positive. NE region seems to be one of the best regions to compete in?? Is this correct, I don't know for sure as I have never raced NW or any other?

So if it's one of the best, I don't see the point in changing it, though maybe we should encourage car sharing, through a car sharing thread for regionals?

Bigred doesn't race but his boy does and is UK under 16's 2wd Junior champ, and national under 16's 2wd and 4wd champ, so there na na i still have to drive him there and mechanic for him, so I'm there just as much as you or anyone else, next :p

Lee
23-06-2008, 10:16 AM
UK under 16's 2wd champ, and national under 16's 2wd and 4wd champ,

Sorry, slightly off topic but whats the difference?

bigred5765
23-06-2008, 10:19 AM
Ok, so how is this going to help the NW, sorry for being short sighted, but I dont see how the NW would benefit?

it doesnt even need to split, last year bury ran in both north east and northwest,more clubs more competition, more track time, different sirfaces for the locals to practise on. the list goes on. i do think your being very narrow minded, this thread is a we are going to thread what do you think its more a what if calm down chris be constructive not disruptive

bigred5765
23-06-2008, 10:20 AM
Sorry, slightly off topic but whats the difference?
juniors is won at the juniours, national under 16's is run at the nationals
easy lee.:p
but thats another thread and topic

notlawnomis
23-06-2008, 10:25 AM
This is not a battle between north and very north:lol:....

More the N/E and N/W :lol:

chrispattinson
23-06-2008, 10:27 AM
it doesnt even need to split, last year bury ran in both north east and northwest,more clubs more competition, more track time, different sirfaces for the locals to practise on. the list goes on. i do think your being very narrow minded, this thread is a we are going to thread what do you think its more a what if calm down chris be constructive not disruptive

The regional calendar this year was very tight, it actually prevented Jarrow from hosting a 2WD round, and I would imagine Batley a 4WD round - though Im not sure regarding Batley.

I honestly can't see the benefit from having an extra track (Bury) in the NE region, apart from when we were short of tracks, and Bury kindly allowed us to have a regional there.

Going back to what Jim initially said, I understand it was due to cost of fuel in general. From experience, we try to go 3 to a car for long distance regionals, maybe this should be encouraged?

bigred5765
23-06-2008, 10:28 AM
now no need for that, lol,OK let see if we can change this topic slightly then and get it going again, what can you lot from the very northeast do to help the northwest lot,what are your proposals

The regional calendar this year was very tight, it actually prevented Jarrow from hosting a 2WD round, and I would imagine Batley a 4WD round - though I'm not sure regarding Batley.

I honestly can't see the benefit from having an extra track (Bury) in the NE region, apart from when we were short of tracks, and Bury kindly allowed us to have a regional there.

Going back to what Jim initially said, I understand it was due to cost of fuel in general. From experience, we try to go 3 to a car for long distance regionals, maybe this should be encouraged?

if the north east really has such a busy year then surely back to Jim's original point a 3 buy 3 split would let all clubs run both 2wd and 4wd events then, and if you wish run in both sides of the NE split and nominate one for your points,

notlawnomis
23-06-2008, 10:29 AM
I propose you start another thread to discuss it!! :p

Lee
23-06-2008, 10:31 AM
Carl we cant really do anything, as you cannot compete in 2 regions and score points, i come to southport to give the car a blast as there is a national there next month. If bury had a nat im sure more people would come over but i also doubt it would benefit the region it just means that the guest class is getting even quicker :p

bigred5765
23-06-2008, 10:32 AM
i think all valid points, from every one but im sure it could be done without hurting any clubs or racers

chrispattinson
23-06-2008, 10:38 AM
now no need for that, lol,OK let see if we can change this topic slightly then and get it going again, what can you lot from the very northeast do to help the northwest lot,what are your proposals,

Not sure we can do anything, its a difficult one. They need to focus on club racing, and get new blood coming through from grass roots, are the clubs well attended? - New thread!

if the north east really has such a busy year then surely back to Jim's original point a 3 buy 3 split would let all clubs run both 2wd and 4wd events then, and if you wish run in both sides of the NE split and nominate one for your points,

- See previous pages for reasons given.

nobby
23-06-2008, 10:42 AM
now no need for that, lol,OK let see if we can change this topic slightly then and get it going again, what can you lot from the very northeast do to help the northwest lot,what are your proposals
nothing apart from coming over to the odd race. you have to sort it out your self like we did.

i think most people have said they don't want it to happen.

chrispattinson
23-06-2008, 10:45 AM
For NW - you'd be suprised how helpful councils, newspapers etc can be to help the sport.

bigred5765
23-06-2008, 10:49 AM
Not sure we can do anything, its a difficult one. They need to focus on club racing, and get new blood coming through from grass roots, are the clubs well attended? - New thread!

- See previous pages for reasons given.

na null and void,

saying clubs will close because if this happens isnt even valid imho
its like im taking my ball back

i think it could be done quiet easly,3 north north east 3 north east 3 north west, god even over lap 2-3 clubs as bury did last year, and chose which you want to score ponits in, all this might even be a waste of time, i guess the best person to ask or get involved would be a brca person.thats knows if we can splitt a region .all bollocks isnt it if they say no, or yes:D

Lee
23-06-2008, 10:52 AM
i cant see it happening to be honest, it will not benefit any club and afterall the brca will have the clubs interest as a priority.

super__dan
23-06-2008, 10:53 AM
Personally i see no benefit for the region if it gets split. It takes away the feel of a "bigger" meeting by having it on your doorstep, people wont stay over so it will lose the social side of things. The competitiveness will be split and therefore making both sectors weaker.

the only positive is the saving on fuel, but honestly is this really a big cost, i dont think so in the grand scheme of things :D

I agree with all of Lee's points and as such I don't think/want it to split, leave as is. I like the idea of a big region with lots of people there and whilst a decent time away at the end of the day is preferred I do like a full day of racing with enough people there to have enough time between runs to maintain car/talk rubish/play 'Who is it?' (cheaper version of Guess who?).

Personally I liked going to Bury last year as the track is ACE and is a good crack for the weekend I', not much bothered about the politics over which region it should be in. It's all about the racing ;)

nobby
23-06-2008, 10:54 AM
ok mate i'll give jim spencer a ring after lunch.
just tell me what you want to know.

Lee
23-06-2008, 10:56 AM
I too would like to see bury thrown in the mix and while we`re at it, southport :D

bigred5765
23-06-2008, 10:56 AM
would it be possible if all involved agree, to spilt northeast / northwest in to equal club regions including bury southport what ever,
or as lee said add southport bury into northeast, and run 4 to count from 6-7 clubs then if people dont wont or cant afford to travel they can still do there 4 local clubs and miss the two furthest away or 1 furthest away you get my idea

chrispattinson
23-06-2008, 10:59 AM
I think the reasons given include (credit given to those who initially wrote them in this thread):

To qualify for the BRC finals, or EOY finals, you need to be best in your region. I don't think it's right to be the best in half a region, as it detracts from the qualification procedure, and also dilutes the achievement. It is a greater accolade to be UK NE champion, than Champion of half of the North East.

The BRCA NE regional is to give people the chance to compete against all of the people from the geographical reason you are in, so if there was NNE and SNE, then I wouldnt have the opportunity to compete against all of the drivers.

As Dan says, more competitors is the key for a great days racing.

You would lose the social side of camping over, if meetings are on your doorstep.

Costs of fuel can be offset by car sharing, and is negligable compared to cost of racing

Lee
23-06-2008, 11:00 AM
if anything it would be better as one big region we would have 3 good permanent venues in bury batley and southport and then have york durham and teesside or jarrow etc

The distance doesn`t bother me i go for a good time and to have fun, if i do well its a bonus:)

I like the idea of weekenders too i think these give a good feel to a meeting .

Evo_Snr
23-06-2008, 11:01 AM
Check out yesterdays results :-http://www.srcc.co.uk/index.php?pid=150
:p:p:p

notlawnomis
23-06-2008, 11:01 AM
I too would like to see bury thrown in the mix and while we`re at it, southport :D

Lee, from what I remember of this years consortium meeting, we had no reply from Bury club to say they would like to be considered for a N/E regional this year!! We can only consider clubs if they put themselves forward!!

Lee
23-06-2008, 11:02 AM
Thats fair enough simon, im not really in the know when it comes to the behind the scenes stuff :)

bigred5765
23-06-2008, 11:04 AM
I think the reasons given include (credit given to those who initially wrote them in this thread):

To qualify for the BRC finals, or EOY finals, you need to be best in your region. I don't think it's right to be the best in half a region, as it detracts from the qualification procedure, and also dilutes the achievement. It is a greater accolade to be UK NE champion, than Champion of half of the North East.

The BRCA NE regional is to give people the chance to compete against all of the people from the geographical reason you are in, so if there was NNE and SNE, then I wouldn't have the opportunity to compete against all of the drivers.

As Dan says, more competitors is the key for a great days racing.

You would lose the social side of camping over, if meetings are on your doorstep.

Costs of fuel can be offset by car sharing, and is negligable compared to cost of racing

Chris theres always two sides of the coin, if you split it in two you would get twice as many at the end of year finals 10 NE and 10 from northwest clubs just imagine poor old Johny thats 11th in your region and cant do eoyf because he isn't high enough in a low region turn out NW he may get in problem solved for little Johny lol, as said a adding together in my other post may work theres more than one way

chrispattinson
23-06-2008, 11:08 AM
Will the calendar allow for that many regionals?

Batley Weekender
Bury Weekender
Southport Weekender
Teesside weekender
Jarrow 2WD
Jarrow 4WD
South Shields Weekender

Thats atleast 7 weekends?

We were limited to a lot less than that this year.

And, as has been said, regionals are to race against people in your region, not half a national event.

Carl, would we get 10 places each for EOY finals, or 5 each?

chrispattinson
23-06-2008, 11:10 AM
Clarky, can you ask Jim how the boundries are decided for regionals, and what a regional should be achieving as an event.

nobby
23-06-2008, 11:12 AM
okey dokey

djduncaz
23-06-2008, 11:19 AM
i cant be asrsed the read the hole 5 pages of this shit like them tight yorkshire ppl who wont travel... i took my car to york indoor 17mpg from shields . go race grayhounds then like ya should be . i should try that like coz am gettin no where out door:p

Chequered Flag Racing
23-06-2008, 11:19 AM
It's all about the racing ;)

Agree,

but please keep it One North East

http://www.oople.com/forums/images/icons/icon4.gif splitting would mean less events for me & possibly other and I would consider selling kit if I only had 3 regionals to go at. At present my kit gets used @ regionals, F3's, Vets and other one day events that get out on.

The above may be the case for other drivers to so you'd end up with less drivers and the clubs would suffer

I like racing :drool: but not the politics :thumbdown:

RcRob
23-06-2008, 11:23 AM
i cant be asrsed the read the hole 5 pages of this shit like them tight yorkshire ppl who wont travel... i took my car to york indoor 17mpg from shields . go race grayhounds then like ya should be . i should try that like coz am gettin no where out door:p

Is this Ashleys attempt at geordie :thumbdown:

djduncaz
23-06-2008, 11:26 AM
Is this Ashleys attempt at geordie :thumbdown:

he hacked my account lol

nobby
23-06-2008, 11:26 AM
you'll find it's not the yorkshire guys duncan, it's the northwest guys (i don't know what they do):eh?:

djduncaz
23-06-2008, 11:27 AM
you'll find it's not the yorkshire guys duncan, it's the northwest guys (i don't know what they do):eh?:

barrrrrrrrrrrrrrr a would not want to say

Lee
23-06-2008, 11:27 AM
They are virtually welsh :lol:

notlawnomis
23-06-2008, 11:29 AM

Always the diplomat!! :rolleyes:

nobby
23-06-2008, 11:30 AM
:lol:

djduncaz
23-06-2008, 11:32 AM
Always the diplomat!! :rolleyes:

its a good job mr pack has not got the net. That be a good one .... him and bmag could battle it out

rcracer
23-06-2008, 11:33 AM

this is the second time in the last month you have slated "yorkshire" now i think YOU seem to be the one who seems to make a divide between far north and southern north or whatever you want to call it, talk like that is unaceptable in my eyes :thumbdown: i will race anywere even though i struggle for money but it doesnt want me to waste my money to race people with attitudes like you. we have a good laugh at the meettings and DONT single out clubs/regions or people.

djduncaz
23-06-2008, 11:39 AM
this is the second time in the last month you have slated "yorkshire" now i think YOU seem to be the one who seems to make a divide between far north and southern north or whatever you want to call it, talk like that is unaceptable in my eyes :thumbdown: i will race anywere even though i struggle for money but it doesnt want me to waste my money to race people with attitudes like you. we have a good laugh at the meettings and DONT single out clubs/regions or people.

if u like a good laff u should be laffin coz thats what it is a joke ...

chrispattinson
23-06-2008, 11:40 AM

Well said -

like has been said, you cant tell how something is intended when reading a computer screen.

Why can't everyone just get on?? :thumbsup:

nobby
23-06-2008, 11:46 AM
don't lump us all in with duncan we don't all hold his veiws:D
but i think he's just kidding

rcracer
23-06-2008, 11:50 AM
if u like a good laff u should be laffin coz thats what it is a joke ...

i know when to laff believe me.

back on the topic of the split i myself like i have said struggle with cost BUT i wouldnt want to jeprodise losing venues to race at and not meeting the people we do from the far north or these clubs going down the pan so i think i will just put up with it just for the love of racing :thumbsup:

Chrislong
23-06-2008, 11:51 AM
I don't think anything needs to change.

The NE has a good region, it has more clubs and more racers, and more weekends of racing. There regional is of a different nature to the NW due to this.

The NW has a good region, it has 2 clubs and less racers than NE or even the MW, and due to this, having just 6 events at 2 tracks suits just fine.

Think of the guys from Southport, if they suddenly had Batley/York or where-ever in the NW calender, then suddenly what should be a simple regional series one year becomes a long journey which I reckon they'd struggle to justify doing, people like Russ Dyson, Chris Burgess & family, Barry Weldon, these are the people we need to race at regionals year after year - we need to encourage attendance for the regionals, and a split would change that. (CB, RD, BW, or any other Southport guys, speak up if im wrong guys ;))

There is the possibility of a club being part of two regions on separate events, like Bury did in 2006/2007, doing this it could be made so the NE is unaffected and the NW is bigger..... but again, its changing the nature of the regionals and the distance is not fair for the guys over by Southport. This decision is also to be made by the club and the regional rep involved.

What we do need, is another club in the region - such as Chorley, Oldham, Leigh, Bolton, Rochdale..... we have had clubs at all these places in the years gone by, but have been long since closed which is very unfortunate, we're suffering now. :(

To sum it up, Carl I do agree we need more tracks in the NW, but I disagree with the distance if adding any of the current NE tracks (even Batley). I also would be against it being any more than 6 Sundays in the year. We just need a new club to open - fancy doing that mate? :D

Chris

rcracer
23-06-2008, 11:52 AM
don't lump us all in with duncan we don't all hold his veiws:D

no way mate, top lads up far north :thumbsup:

Mike Hudson
23-06-2008, 11:52 AM
your forgetting York aswell
Please keep everything as it is there no need for all this, everyone has to travel up north and everyone has to travel down south, at the end of the day most people will be paying similar amounts for fuel and i'm sure that most people who participate in regional events can afford the fuel to get there, as it is this year it's best 3 out of 4 so that's 3 rounds of 4wd or 2wd or both, whats all the fuss about, there is no need to split this region at all over abit of fuel, it's great as it is, the events are about having a good laugh and if you do well in them thats a bonus!
Please don't split the region or try add too many events to it it's PERFECTLY FINE as it is
Certainly not impressed by what djduncaz has said...:thumbdown:

Will the calendar allow for that many regionals?

Batley Weekender
Bury Weekender
Southport Weekender
Teesside weekender
Jarrow 2WD
Jarrow 4WD
South Shields Weekender

Thats atleast 7 weekends?

We were limited to a lot less than that this year.

rcracer
23-06-2008, 12:10 PM
well my mileage adds up like this , but who cares if your having fun.

hull-york= 46 miles
hull-batley= 59 miles
hull-bury= 95 miles { all each way }
hull-southport= 134 miles
hull-jarrow= 141 miles
hull-south sheilds= 143 miles

total 1236 and that doesnt include going to the off licence and kebab shop :p

bigred5765
23-06-2008, 12:20 PM

lol lee were was ya born and brought up,:p

Lee
23-06-2008, 12:22 PM
Cant say:lol:

bigred5765
23-06-2008, 12:32 PM
cowardly dog lmao lee is a northwesty, but then i guess he will say he moved further up north after he saw the light, but wont say what that light was lmfao.

Lee
23-06-2008, 12:33 PM
ha ha no in all honesty give me the NW anyday over the NE

nobby
23-06-2008, 01:02 PM
just spoken to jim spencer and he said if you want to change any regional series you must make a proposal through your regional rep to be discused at the regional meeting, and then if they decide it should be tried they then have to propose it to the executive committie then they discuse it and if they think it's a good idea it would be put to the vote at the agm.

so no:1 propose it to your regional rep
no:2 they propose it to the exec committie
no:3 we vote at the agm at the end of the year

as for the regional boundaries the off road exec committie decide on regional boundaries.

as for lee i didn't know you were the only one in the village:lol:

notlawnomis
23-06-2008, 01:10 PM
as for the regional boundaries the off road exec committie decide on regional boundaries.

...and I'd imagine they will look at the club in question on a map and say its within boundaries of a geographical region, as all regions of England are covered.

as for lee i didn't know you were the only one in the village:lol:

Lee, PLEASE tell me thats not your arse in your avatar!! :p :wtf:

nobby
23-06-2008, 01:23 PM
what i think should be done is instead of just asking people to move things around to suit there regional people need to get up off there ar#es and do something about bringing more people in to there region.

like contacting the local press to come along to a regional or club night.

do some flyers and hand them out (southport must have a lot of people passing through.

invite the local mayor or MP along to do trophy presentations at a race (the press love all that with the mayor)

start putting race days on at school open days or summer fairs or carnivels.

hand out flyers at the local schools inviting them along and dig out 3 or 4 old cars and let the kids play (for free)

give it a go you may have fun to:p

Cockerill
23-06-2008, 03:42 PM
I've missed a lot of this discussion, but how the hell did we get onto Southport having a NE Regional, I thought the idea of a 'split' was to decrease traveling :confused:

dave p hall
23-06-2008, 03:43 PM
n/east works just fine for me:Ddon't mind traveling 2 hour's each way,for jarrow etc..in a perfect world,we would all live in the middle along with the venues:lol:im just greatfull we have clubs/people who are putting regional's on for us in the n/east.i see this year's n/east as a mini national serie's:pdone all the round's up to now,and loving it:Dcost of living,rising fuel cost's is going to have a big impact on our hobby,in my view.no matter were we race.

rcracer
23-06-2008, 03:49 PM
n/east works just fine for me:Ddon't mind traveling 2 hour's each way,for jarrow etc..in a perfect world,we would all live in the middle along with the venues:lol:im just greatfull we have clubs/people who are putting regional's on for us in the n/east.i see this year's n/east as a mini national serie's:pdone all the round's up to now,and loving it:Dcost of living,rising fuel cost's is going to have a big impact on our hobby,in my view.no matter were we race.

Too true dave..its the way i feel just struggle on and be thankful of what we have if you dont want to travel to race nobody is forcing anybody too, if we didnt have jarrow and south sheilds this year were would we have had to replace those venues.

gazbaz2
23-06-2008, 04:05 PM
Gary we ran northeast for the last 5 years, its only this year we backed of to run northwest as it was getting ridiculous traveling 110 Miles to York 120 miles Nissan factory.140+ to tee side,batley is 60 thats fine bury is 22 ish thats fine even York is okish at 110 but try traveling 144 to tee side then racing a full day then traveling back its just to far,
i see no harm in the three running nne and other three NE why would it affect your clubs.?

Teesside is closer than nissan factory and there not there anymore.
bury to teesside 110.79 miles:p:p:p

dave p hall
23-06-2008, 04:06 PM

i think you owe us an apolige,you plank:thumbdown:can't be doing with reading such tripe:thumbdown:

Cockerill
23-06-2008, 04:09 PM
Carl, no offense but your not really in a place to comment on the distance between NE regional's, as you live in the NW and choose to run whichever. If you chose to run in a different region to where you live you have to expect a lot of traveling.

footey
23-06-2008, 05:12 PM
im not fussed either way stay as is or split OR EVEN JUST A NORTH SERIES 7 regionals 6 to count but just 1 thought the racers up far north east say the clubs are small and would struggle well im thinking that jarrow and southsheilds was like 5 mins from each other wouldnt it be best to join the 2 clubs and have 1 massive club which will help in the efforts for a permanent track which u are trying to get

djduncaz
23-06-2008, 05:27 PM
i think you owe us an apolige,you plank:thumbdown:can't be doing with reading such tripe:thumbdown:

its not tripe am selling up and buyin a greyhound . the local sunderland track is 6.4 miles away from my house with a round trip of 12.8 miles . and a chance of winnin money . ive allways wanted to race greyhounds so am maken it happen

rcracer
23-06-2008, 05:33 PM
its not tripe am selling up and buyin a grayhound . the local sunderland track is 6.4 miles away from my house with a round trip of 12.8 miles . and a chance of winnin money . ive allways wanted to race grayhounds so am maken it happen

That will be greyhound :p

djduncaz
23-06-2008, 05:37 PM
aye a know ..

jimarea51
23-06-2008, 06:01 PM
Hi all,

WoW, I had no idea that people felt so strongly about the distance they have/choose to travel... Its good to hear the different opinions, the majority seem to be happy to pay any amount to the government to persue there weekend interests....

So would everyone be happy to travel to my new imageinery club based at the southeren most end of the region, lets say for arguments sake Doncaster....

How do the guys at shouth shilds/JArrow feel about having to travel to the most southeren end of the region, twice a year for the 2wd and 4wd regionals??

keep on posting, and sharing your opinions

djduncaz
23-06-2008, 06:05 PM
Hi all,

WoW, I had no idea that people felt so strongly about the distance they have/choose to travel... Its good to hear the different opinions, the majority seem to be happy to pay any amount to the government to persue there weekend interests....

So would everyone be happy to travel to my new imageinery club based at the southeren most end of the region, lets say for arguments sake Doncaster....

How do the guys at shouth shilds/JArrow feel about having to travel to the most southeren end of the region, twice a year for the 2wd and 4wd regionals??

shields jarrow lads / lasses would still go to doncaster no probs ... its a good night out . we would make the most of it we would not be sittin tottin how many mile round trip we have made

bigred5765
23-06-2008, 06:09 PM
Carl, no offense but your not really in a place to comment on the distance between NE regionals, as you live in the NW and choose to run whichever. If you chose to run in a different region to where you live you have to expect a lot of traveling.

tom i can post on anything i want its my opinion:p
but what i was saying is, added clubs to the northwest would help the region out, the distance is OK for me, but theres loads that cant afford or wont pay to travel the distances mentioned.just the same as some don't/wont to pay to travel to southport/bury,
still think lee's idea was the best

bigred5765
23-06-2008, 06:39 PM
Teesside is closer than nissan factory and there not there anymore.
bury to teesside 110.79 miles:p:p:p

then 26 or so miles from my house to bury:p

dave p hall
23-06-2008, 06:43 PM
its not tripe am selling up and buyin a greyhound . the local sunderland track is 6.4 miles away from my house with a round trip of 12.8 miles . and a chance of winnin money . ive allways wanted to race greyhounds so am maken it happen

good for you:pi thought you came across a bit insulting that's all:oanyhow,let's not fall out over such trivia:lol:

Wally
23-06-2008, 06:54 PM
:DAs a person who lives even more NORTH than north and travels to where he likes to race not taking into account the cost of fuel (which yes is lot of money these days) and I am not rich.
:thumbdown:I think this is a very damaging thread anybody thinking of starting in the SPORT reading this thread would wonder why bother after reading it.
:DSo please good people stop bitching and lets just have positive posts.

gazbaz2
23-06-2008, 07:01 PM
then 26 or so miles from my house to bury:p
lol chill maan

dave p hall
23-06-2008, 07:03 PM
do you race in the ne/nw regional's then wally:eh?:

Lee
23-06-2008, 07:11 PM
Doncaster is not a bad run jim, when i raced on road i did the donvalley british championships for a while, it was 109 mile from mine to DV, my record at 5am on a sunday morning was 66 mins:thumbsup:

Its just A1/M1, dead easy and straight:D

Wally
23-06-2008, 07:13 PM
:DNE but many years ago, sometime in the last 20 years or so Simon and I did an off road series at Hull.

chris68nufc
23-06-2008, 07:33 PM
Hi all,

Jim

Why are you just popping in and out of the thread when you feel like it? I have the feeling you are taking the p**s again, and stirring things up.

By the way DJDuncaz is a filthy Makem and deserves to be locked in a room with the gimp from Pulp Fiction. HE is a disgrace and never a Geordie and should never be allowed to race again. He has once called me names and i will never forgive him. Also, the dog you should be betting on is the 1 that has a crap before the race. Top tip!

David Church
23-06-2008, 07:49 PM
You all should be happy you have a choice on where to race. The South east has only has 1 permanent!!! That's EPR. We make due with temp tracks, even using the side of a hill for a rostrum.

This thread was started to gain insight, try and remain positive:thumbsup:

baD
23-06-2008, 08:08 PM
Jim
Why are you just popping in and out of the thread when you feel like it? I have the feeling you are taking the p**s again, and stirring things up.
Agreed - Jim says he doesn't care where he races - or where he takes a (the) p**s, evidently ! ;)

Loved reading this thread, must learn to read faster than you guys can type ! - tho' I got bored with it when someone turned it into a "never mind what the NE lads want, lets help out the NW clubs", there's never a moderator about when you want one.

Out of all this, I cannot see one suggestion by the non-NNE lads which would have a bigger positive impact than the consequential negative ones which you would have to take on board. Ask YORC & BBC committee's if they would be happy with less income from less well attended regionals!

And djdunc - unless you want to be cited in a legal action for actual bodily damage, (I have the x-rays to prove it) I'd suggest you tone down your posts as you are not a good example to potential r/c enthusiasts. This goes for all R/C forums you stick your muddy paw print into!:thumbdown:

djduncaz
23-06-2008, 08:12 PM
Jim

By the way DJDuncaz is a filthy Makem and deserves to be locked in a room with the gimp from Pulp Fiction. HE is a disgrace and never a Geordie and should never be allowed to race again. He has once called me names and i will never forgive him. Also, the dog you should be betting on is the 1 that has a crap before the race. Top tip!

jim only takes the piss in bushes and im a shields lad i hate makems . as for the gimp thing id love that he het the biggst kickin of his life lol

Stu
23-06-2008, 08:26 PM
Jim
....... I have the feeling you are taking the p**s again, and stirring things up.

I dont think Jim is doing that - he is just playing devils advocate for the sake of discussion.

Many of us that moan on about the cost of fuel & miles do regionals & nationals - virtually no local club meetings - so it's our own fault we spend too much.
I find weekend meetings are a good compensator for long distance. I missed Jarrow because I felt it was too far for me for one day, but I did the weekender at South Shields quite happily. I'll make the trip to Preston Park for the same reason.

djduncaz
23-06-2008, 08:31 PM
Agreed - Jim says he doesn't care where he races - or where he takes a (the) p**s, evidently ! ;)

Loved reading this thread, must learn to read faster than you guys can type ! - tho' I got bored with it when someone turned it into a "never mind what the NE lads want, lets help out the NW clubs", there's never a moderator about when you want one.

Out of all this, I cannot see one suggestion by the non-NNE lads which would have a bigger positive impact than the consequential negative ones which you would have to take on board. Ask YORC & BBC committee's if they would be happy with less income from less well attended regionals!

And djdunc - unless you want to be cited in a legal action for actual bodily damage, (I have the x-rays to prove it) I'd suggest you tone down your posts as you are not a good example to potential r/c enthusiasts. This goes for all R/C forums you stick your muddy paw print into!:thumbdown:

its ok il get legal aid. and il pay u back a pound a week ... ha way man bill it was accident get a grip legal action ... be funny that in court (not that it would ever make it) .. i was standin on a rope at a toy car race when a toy car hit me in the foot by ACCIDENT . go see the brca ive paid up to date it covers me.

and i dont use any other rc forums .

Cockerill
23-06-2008, 09:09 PM
Carl, how would combining NE & NW in any way contribute to reducing traveling distance's? We don;t need to combine with the NW at all, only you seem to think that.

Northy
23-06-2008, 10:31 PM
Just seen this post, I've been at the hospital for two days with my little girl.

Right, here we go:

If anyone want's to know why Bury didn't get a regional, please ask me or any other member of the NE consortium.

If Jarrow want to know why they only got a one day event (same as Batley) please can you take that up with me or any other member of the NE consortium.

Clubs request regional events, and the reason there have been more in the 'Southern' part of the region in years gone by is because that's where the clubs were applying - simple. Sorry, venues have not been choosen in the past on traveling distances. I can not remember a venue that has applied recently not getting at least one meeting. The guys from the Northern most clubs have not been poorly treated, we can only hold events at venues that ask for them.

We have 8 meetings this year on 5 weekends, this was to save some traveling.

Cutting costs may be (or already might be) an issue for some. I have heard of other sports that require traveling cuting rounds to cut costs.

I don't like how some people has been singled out in this thread - that does not help at all.

And most important, THIS IS NOT BEING PLANNED IN ANY WAY, it was someone asking a question on a public forum.

Can we all play nicely please? :)

Cheers,

G

jimarea51
24-06-2008, 08:14 AM
Well, well, welll

I wondered how long it would take for my minor indescrassion to be brought back up, (prehaps a personal vendetta is being launched?)...

Well for the one's amongst us that can remain constructive, I think this thread has been very informative, and given people a good insight into the opinions of the region as a whole, weather it be for or against less travelling to compete...

chris68nufc, I'm sorry you feel this way, I can assure you no harm was intended from this discussion, as I keep on stating, the biggest part of racing costs is the fuel... Therfore we thought it would be good to see if other's felt the same way, which apparently doesn't concern the majority of you out there...

I for one will continue to travel to race, no matter how far it is, but you must concider that one day you'll all think, Hmmmm I going to miss this meeting because it's too far/expencive on fuel...

I think its nice that the region can express its views on here through the week, this eliviates the need for consortium meeting etc. Or use up valuble time at the race track, although I feel people wouldn't say some of the things they have if it were face to face...

Until I return...

rcracer
24-06-2008, 08:34 AM
I dont think alot of people saw this as just a discussion to get everyones veiws on the subject Jim, its a shame it turned into a bit of a slanging match as it is a very interesting debate , nobody is trying to push out the far north east clubs as some seem to think. most people dont exactly like spending a fortune on fuel but thats life take up embroidery if you dont want to "shell" out for fuel as its part and parcel of racing, idealy we would all like a track situated in our home town but the odds of that are slimmer than me :lol: . to race events you need to travel..end of.

Neil

nobby
24-06-2008, 08:42 AM
please can we just forget about the things that went on at jarrow involving jim.
some people are still upset by it but hopefully we have managed to sort that out so please leave it.

as for you starting this thread jim i for one understand what your getting at when it comes to fuel.
my family run a transport company and the cost of fuel is really hitting hard on people.
the avearge cost for fuel for a 44ton truck has gone up by one thousand pounds a month in the last six months.
so i do know what your getting at, but i think the reason people got upset wasn't with you or your post, it was people from other regions seeing this post as a way to make a quick fix for there flagging regionals.

but please don't try and change things it's been a great year so for.

as i said if other regions arn't doing to well i think they need to look at club level and try to bring new people in to the sport.

jimarea51
24-06-2008, 08:49 AM
Chris(Nobby)

Well said and thanks for the support:blush:

Chrislong
24-06-2008, 08:49 AM
This thread has lost the plot somewhat.

People ought to understand and respect that opinions are allowed to differ, and discussion is healthy. No need to loose the plot, become aggressive, offend people etc...

Lee
24-06-2008, 09:00 AM
It is a shame that people have to bring up incidents that people have apologised for and forgotten about :thumbdown:

It was a very interesting debate and one that for me has made me realise that in reality we are not exactly deprived of places to race, within an hour and a half you can be at any of the tracks from any of the others if you catch my drift.

I dont think there is a need for a change and it will only damage the region if it was to split. I also dont think it is necessary to talk about the North west in the north east region of the forum unless it is valid. On this topic it was not and it is not up to people in the north east to help the north west, how many of the NW drivers support the NE.

** Apart from damo and stu**

rcracer
24-06-2008, 09:05 AM
true lee the north east is a strong region with good turnouts so why change.

Cockerill
24-06-2008, 09:11 AM
http://www.oople.com/forums/showpost.php?p=102255&postcount=4

Maybe we don't travel as much as we think :confused:

Chequered Flag Racing
24-06-2008, 09:45 AM

I'm from Teesside,

I travelled to Worksop outdoors when it was part of the NE some years back. Didn't camp out just drove there and back in the day even for 2 day events. 397.2 miles, and I'll do it again just to have fun

nobby
24-06-2008, 10:13 AM
is this turning into a competition to see who travels the most miles to race?

ok i'll start i travel to chesterfield for a club night on the odd saturday
=320 miles round trip:o

Lee
24-06-2008, 10:19 AM
Southport for me on sunday 321 :lol:

rcracer
24-06-2008, 10:24 AM
Hull to kampenhout Distance: 328.89 miles, about 7 hours 32 mins :lol:

sorry back on topic :blush:

Lee
24-06-2008, 10:26 AM
Amateur, Durham to collegno 1000+ Next friday:thumbsup:

rcracer
24-06-2008, 10:28 AM
Neil turns around and walks away :lol:

daz
24-06-2008, 10:30 AM
I have a simple solution to this: Sell up and buy a big dirty crosser loads more fun the rc racing:cool:

nobby
24-06-2008, 10:33 AM
i thought it was just the uk but if thats the case

12th euros march last year
newcastle to eskilstuna in sweden 1398 miles:p

newcastle to munich 1000 miles+ this year:p

Chrislong
24-06-2008, 10:52 AM
In 2006, Bury to Leeds to Austria - 1500 miles each way.

Lee
24-06-2008, 10:55 AM
Does florida count :lol:

josh_smaxx
24-06-2008, 10:56 AM
Does florida count :lol:

Yes, you win.

bigred5765
24-06-2008, 10:57 AM
:pchorley to colegano 1400 plus miles:p chorley to vienna 1400 plus miles
chorley to batley which was are local club for 5 years 66 miles, matty loved racing in the north east, but moved to northwest which should have been are local bury 22 ish miles southport 22 ish miles, lol im in the middle, but it soon gets boring racing on same track week in week out, the nationaals are not just a break but exerience as well,well worth the miles,

mark christopher
24-06-2008, 11:01 AM
Doncaster is not a bad run jim, when i raced on road i did the donvalley british championships for a while, it was 109 mile from mine to DV, my record at 5am on a sunday morning was 66 mins:thumbsup:

Its just A1/M1, dead easy and straight:D

donny aint where the DV serries is held though:p tha would be sheffield.

im in donny and if i were to do the NE id be travelling allot more than those moaning, come on jim, make this imaginary track real please :thumbsup:

Lee
24-06-2008, 11:06 AM
I understand that mark but it is pretty close to sheffield ;)

Carl, did you get lost on the way to italy, i think its only 1100 from durham :confused:

nobby
24-06-2008, 11:14 AM
newcastle to monchengladbach 1600 miles each way in my vr6 golf (oh the autobarns are cool):D

bigred5765
24-06-2008, 11:19 AM
I understand that mark but it is pretty close to sheffield ;)

Carl, did you get lost on the way to italy, i think its only 1100 from durham :confused:

no just avoided toll roads,scenic route, were did you sale from,and dont forget i took the caravan

Lee
24-06-2008, 11:30 AM
Going from dover to calais.

Caravans only make the car feel longer not the roads :lol::lol::lol:

Lindsay
24-06-2008, 11:45 AM
is this turning into a competition to see who travels the most miles to race?

ok i'll start i travel to chesterfield for a club night on the odd saturday
=320 miles round trip:o
Think about the person who travelled from America to Race at a rain affected Kidderminster all for the love of 1/10th RC Rcaing.

nobby
24-06-2008, 11:48 AM
Think about the person who travelled from America to Race at a rain affected Kidderminster all for the love of 1/10th RC Rcaing.
he wins:cry:

bigred5765
24-06-2008, 12:09 PM

hahaha, carvans dont do big hills, or low bridges, the scenic route added to it slightly:p

bigred5765
24-06-2008, 12:09 PM

wouldnt it be better for you to go from hull

Lee
24-06-2008, 12:15 PM
Not really, i looked at it all ways and the saving on the ferries and mileage outweigh the need for a bed :)

bigred5765
24-06-2008, 02:55 PM
just run the route on my tomtom door to door it say 1200 miles more of you avoid all the tolls, but from past experiences, wrong turns missed turns etc its way more,

Spencer Mulcahy
24-06-2008, 03:59 PM
I raced in the north east last year and had some realy good weekends or single days racing but I have decided that I cant afford to race up there this year because of fuel prices but I dont want anything to change as it works as it is if its not broke dont fix it.

dave p hall
24-06-2008, 04:19 PM
Well, well, welll

I wondered how long it would take for my minor indescrassion to be brought back up, (prehaps a personal vendetta is being launched?)...

Well for the one's amongst us that can remain constructive, I think this thread has been very informative, and given people a good insight into the opinions of the region as a whole, weather it be for or against less travelling to compete...

chris68nufc, I'm sorry you feel this way, I can assure you no harm was intended from this discussion, as I keep on stating, the biggest part of racing costs is the fuel... Therfore we thought it would be good to see if other's felt the same way, which apparently doesn't concern the majority of you out there...

I for one will continue to travel to race, no matter how far it is, but you must concider that one day you'll all think, Hmmmm I going to miss this meeting because it's too far/expencive on fuel...

I think its nice that the region can express its views on here through the week, this eliviates the need for consortium meeting etc. Or use up valuble time at the race track, although I feel people wouldn't say some of the things they have if it were face to face...

Until I return...

i wish people would forgive and forget on your behalf jim;)when it get's to the point about fuel been to expensive to travel to regional's.could it reach a point where,we'll just race club championships,if your lucky to have a local club:eh?:

barnyard
24-06-2008, 06:10 PM
Back onto the topic of should NE split into 2 regions

Is traveling cost alone a good enough point for splitting up a region, from a personal point of view i have to say no. I believe the primary justification for splitting up ANY region is when the numbers of entries is regularly going over the places available and also when the situation arises when venues have to be turned away as there aren't enough events to go around. All these point can apply to any region not just NE.

It might be worth looking into the reasoning behind the midlands region splitting into 2 regions midWest & midEast (might have been 3 as i aint sure where midSouth comes into the equation)

As to the question of boundaries i think these are more of guidelines for the racers, clubs and regional committee to decide upon what is reasonable. We all know of the bury situation and them hosting events for NE & NW in the same year. In the past the old Worksop club was NE for many years before changing to ME in the mid 90's.

From a personal point of view i live in Sheffield so technically NE but my house is within 2 miles of the derbyshire border so close enough to the ME region. As it happens i race in the MW region this is for a number of reasons ME was not a competitive region leaving NE the problem is i work on saturdays meaning i could only compete at the minimum number of events per class assuming those weekends dont clash with other commitments.

As i race in the MW region i don't feel it is correct to say one way or the other as to what the NE region should do but i do think my comments would be valid for any region.

baD
24-06-2008, 08:34 PM
Durham to Malta (twice in fact) courtesy of John Bull Racing - 1,962 miles one way, to Palermo, Sicily - google can't tell me the miles to Malta, cause of the water. It used to do this, but at that time it also told you that you could drive over the Atlantic from New York to London :lol:

N7ELA
25-06-2008, 03:56 PM
Leave it the way it is. One big happy family of north east regioners who get along so well. Who cares about fuel costs. Get a credit card...