PDA

View Full Version : NE National 2009 ??

Chequered Flag Racing
23-06-2008, 11:09 AM
picking up this point from another thread,

A National 'Up North' would be great, can't see it ever happening, but a nice thought
Can't see why it can't be done.

Last winter the NE didn't have a club to run a 2 day around of the 12th National Series, so Chirs Clarke, Mark Jewitt, the BRCA & a few others got their act together & made sure it happened using the 12th section rule.

7.2 Nationals must be organised by a Club unless ‘force majeure’ dictates otherwise
Usual host club didn’t know if the venue would still be available I think. I may need correcting on this point.

so moving onto 10th Off-Road & a possible 2009 National in the NE

off-road rules don't state the above 12th rule 7.2 and it also doesn't state a permanent track is to be used, just that the venue has to be up to scratch.

Remember the Off-Road Euro's 1998 were held @ Preston Park. :)

4. SANCTIONED EVENTS
4.3 Only Clubs/Organisers affiliated to the BRCA are allowed to run sanctioned events.
4.6 Applications must include full details of the venue, including : pitting
area, toilet facilities, rostrum design/suitability, race control facilities, local accommodation, policy for camping/caravans and advice on suitable control tyres if applicable. Details of standards required can be obtained from the
Section Secretary. Sanctioned events can only be granted by the Committee. The calendar of events will be published in January of each year. Dates are subject to force majeure and the approval by the Committee of the venue
and organiser.
4.7 The Committee are to ensure that National Championship venues and general facilities are of a suitable standard for National events.

So get the NE consortium to get together with NERCR and bring it all together in Bents Park for 2009.
Plenty of nightlife, attractions for those with youngsters etc.

bigred5765
23-06-2008, 11:14 AM
agreed north national great idea batley national was always ace

chrispattinson
23-06-2008, 11:16 AM
What's required?

Lee
23-06-2008, 11:17 AM
Sounds good Glenn, there would be nothing to stop Bents park getting a national.

I think the toilets were "loo of the year" :lol:

Like you say, lots of nightlife and facilities to match.:D

Chequered Flag Racing
23-06-2008, 11:23 AM
What's required?

see the above from the BRCA section hand book.

A proven abilty to run a top class meeting also helps.

Think the BRCA like to vet the venue/staff so maybe go for the F3's, Junior/Vets for 2009 so show what can be done. Sorry to bumb the thread down already

Chris P,
don't forget to use your council contacts. ;)
They like the idea of tourism.
Brings in cash to the local economy

notlawnomis
23-06-2008, 11:23 AM
I spoke to Tom C briefly in conversation at the NERCR regional, however no specific club was discussed. More along the lines of the N/E consortium working together to bring a national to the northeast. We did in the past have one in Dumfries, (Thats in Scotland!!!) really, and people travelled there to race!!). Possibly something for discussion at the next meeting, unless a N/E club is going to put its self forward individually.

notlawnomis
23-06-2008, 11:26 AM
A proven abilty to run a top class meeting also helps. [/I]

That may already be covered by the end of the year or early next, although in a different class!!

nobby
23-06-2008, 11:49 AM
[quote=Lee;136084]Sounds good Glenn, there would be nothing to stop Bents park getting a national.

i think you should change your name to george micheal:lol:

Chequered Flag Racing
23-06-2008, 12:00 PM
Sounds good Glenn, there would be nothing to stop Bents park getting a national.

i think you should change your name to george micheal:lol:

George Micheal & Bents Park :o

back on track

bigred5765
23-06-2008, 12:35 PM
lee your secrets out

emzy
23-06-2008, 01:38 PM
A National in Bents Park would actually be awesome... especially as I could run home for a shower, or even to use a real loo, between rounds - score!

Dad and I have been chatting nonsense and daydreaming for years about a National in Bents Park... or he had somewhere else in mind but I can't remember where...

We'd just have to pay the "big man upstairs" to get rid of the wind for a weekend!

Cockerill
23-06-2008, 03:45 PM
A National at Bents Park would be ace, the facilities are awesome and with the effort put in by the club the track would be good.

Regarding if another NE club would be applying, so what? Why can't we have 2 nationals in the North East, one at Bents Park and one elsewhere?

People would travel, because they have to if they want to complete the national championship.

Kopite
23-06-2008, 03:50 PM
We'd just have to pay the "big man upstairs" to get rid of the wind for a weekend!

why? what've you been eating??

dave p hall
23-06-2008, 04:21 PM
i loved the national at batley,couple of season's back:prealy good atmos:Di guess it's getting enough people involved,to organise,help out on the day etc...

Jonesy
23-06-2008, 04:38 PM
I spoke to Tom C briefly in conversation at the NERCR regional, however no specific club was discussed. More along the lines of the N/E consortium working together to bring a national to the northeast. We did in the past have one in Dumfries, (Thats in Scotland!!!) really, and people travelled there to race!!). Possibly something for discussion at the next meeting, unless a N/E club is going to put its self forward individually.

There was a National I went too around 1996(ish) in Kirkcaldy, the other side of Edinburgh, that was a great event!

I wouldn't mind a National in the NOrth East, has to be closer than Eden Park from my perspective and as Tom mentioned, people will travel.

It may also be a way of getting new drivers from the North East involved in nationals who may have only previousl ran regionals

Make it happen, I like good nightlife!!

emzy
23-06-2008, 05:51 PM
Haha, I'm pretty sure whatever wind I may have won't be affecting South Shields right now!!

bigred5765
23-06-2008, 06:44 PM
two in the north would be awsome,2 north 2 mid and 2 south would be the ideal world i suppose,

Lee
23-06-2008, 07:15 PM
so in carls regions the 2 north will be durham and batley

2 mids will be york and bury and 2 souths will be southport and kiddy :lol:

bigred5765
23-06-2008, 08:35 PM
lee, you know me soooo well ace idea wheres Paul's email Addy,lol o i didn't get the golf, i got something completely different, but thats another thread.

baD
23-06-2008, 10:19 PM
so in carls regions the 2 north will be durham and batley

2 mids will be york and bury and 2 souths will be southport and kiddy :lol:

I like it - apart from the fact that batley is approx 20 miles south of the latitude York is on ! :D Did you have a geography teacher ?

Northy
23-06-2008, 10:38 PM
Hi guys, some facts:

- Clubs put in thier own application to hold a 'National Event'.

- The BRCA committee vote to decide which venue should get what event, 6 national rounds, 2 EOS finals.

If any NE club wants to apply, get in touch with me and I can help you sort out what you need to do, and will help in any way I can :thumbsup:

G

chrispattinson
24-06-2008, 01:55 PM
Cheers G

Chequered Flag Racing
26-07-2008, 08:17 AM
4 weeks since last post

any progress in getting a National in the North East?