PDA

View Full Version : XRAY XB4 Setups

reg
06-01-2013, 08:00 PM
Come on chaps :)

how did worksop go

sime46
06-01-2013, 09:08 PM
Ill start. It took most of the day to get the car how I wanted it but in the end it was 99.9%. I drove like a tit which hampered the process but I was very happy with the car. It was bullet proof too coming home completely unscathed despite my best attempts to wreck it on more than one occasion. Ill attempt to post a setup or link to it over the coming days. Overall a great day.

reg
06-01-2013, 09:26 PM
Nice one Si,
did you start with kit setup?

thorny97
07-01-2013, 10:13 AM
I ran my xb4 yesterday, first couple of rounds car was very good, but after that i seemed to be loosing rear traction espeically in the fast sweeper at the end of the straight, car seemed to want to kick out.

Used pretty much kit setup - played with multiflex system, tried progressive springs, and different roll bars.

We probably try using 6 hole pistons at next round, unless i find something else

colinjackson
07-01-2013, 03:29 PM
Mixed day for me went wrong with setup untill 3rd round then car was dialed! Tried most of the things as mark did. ended up with good top 20 pace but still a bit of work to do to increase rear traction as the car rotates mid corner on the slippery surface.

I'll post my settings online tonight so you can see where i ended up with it. Very promising for the cars first run in these conditions

Colin

leebunker
07-01-2013, 03:44 PM
i ran the xb4 at silverstone on saturday finnished 3rd setup below

http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/index.php?act=view&ID=15&setup=xb4

sime46
08-01-2013, 08:49 PM
My finishing setup from Worksop is here. You'll prob have to copy the addy into your browser as I'm not smart enough to make it into a link. Sorry. Lol

http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/index.php?act=view&ID=20&setup=xb4

sime46
08-01-2013, 08:54 PM
It works. Lol. Who'd have known. Anyway, the car was really nicely balanced like this and great to drive. Good alround traction and no over rotation. Loved it. Deffo my start point for the next meeting. Great car!!!

AEE
09-01-2013, 03:25 PM
do some one have a set up for bumpy dirt??

In winter we drive in a manege in the netherlands, next race I would like to drive my xb4, that's the reason I am looking for a basic dirt set up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPEYV5l3AB8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tekpPlYK6OY

temp between 0° and 8°
lose dirt whit big holes in it
popular tyres : losi step pin

thanks!!

grtzz

feniks
09-01-2013, 05:21 PM
will have a setup in no time there .
and tyers I will run my proline calibers . dont want to get a truck load of tyers just for 1 race and the calibers we can use at the nationals . will probebly go 4 hole pistons . all the rest will take 30 min to get it good . ow and softer diffs so get some emty one's ready to fill .

reg
09-01-2013, 09:26 PM
It works. Lol. Who'd have known. Anyway, the car was really nicely balanced like this and great to drive. Good alround traction and no over rotation. Loved it. Deffo my start point for the next meeting. Great car!!!

Nice one Si,ill be starting with that to:thumbsup:

just need a spring set:)

sime46
09-01-2013, 10:43 PM
Just back in from Mansfield club night. Car was setup on my Worksop setup and it was properly dialled. Absolutely mega. Loving this car. For those not familiar it's an indoor carpet track with good jumps and rumble strips. Great midweek venue with increasing numbers. :thumbsup:

AEE
11-01-2013, 09:30 PM
will have a setup in no time there .
and tyers I will run my proline calibers . dont want to get a truck load of tyers just for 1 race and the calibers we can use at the nationals . will probebly go 4 hole pistons . all the rest will take 30 min to get it good . ow and softer diffs so get some emty one's ready to fill .

4 holes, how many mm for one hole? (front /rear)
4 holes front and rear?

grtzz

feniks
12-01-2013, 09:34 PM
will say this in englich so all understand as aee is belgium aswell lol. cal me as putting a full setup on here we cant at the moment. we are driving in a horsstable and last week we had 12 degrees and this week its -4 so oils and all ????? lets see that in 2 weeks . al the rest call me up will be a lot faster . greets

AEE
29-01-2013, 07:20 PM
will say this in englich so all understand as aee is belgium aswell lol. cal me as putting a full setup on here we cant at the moment. we are driving in a horsstable and last week we had 12 degrees and this week its -4 so oils and all ????? lets see that in 2 weeks . al the rest call me up will be a lot faster . greets

thanks for the setup help bart!
it was a fun race:D

grtzz

reg
02-03-2013, 01:44 PM
Hi,I will be running a 7.5 x20 in the car,it says on the instructions for the motor "gear ratio of 10.0.1"

could some one help with the right pinion to start on,
also in simple terms how to work it out,
thanks

JohnM
02-03-2013, 05:08 PM
Hi,I will be running a 7.5 x20 in the car,it says on the instructions for the motor "gear ratio of 10.0.1"

could some one help with the right pinion to start on,
also in simple terms how to work it out,
thanks

I'm running an Orion 6.5 on a 22t pinion, seems to work well on the outside tracks I've been on so far. I've always found the LRP motors like being geared a little lower then Orion or Speedpassion, so a 22 for a 7.5 might not be too far out.

To work out the ratio, I think it goes, number of teeth on spur divided by pinion size, times internal ratio of 2.5. example 81t spur divided by 20t pinion, times 2.5 ratio gives you 10.12.

reg
02-03-2013, 05:46 PM
Thankyou John,perfect:thumbsup:

Does anyone use a free iphone app?iv done a search but they are all abit pants

feniks
04-03-2013, 08:18 AM
I run my 5.5 and 6.6 on a 18 and 19 pinion . indoors I run it on a 16 .
you may not forget that most of ower tracks are a lot smaller than the UK tracks , and I am running HPI motors and they are not getting above 60 degrees at enny time not even with a full pack of driving .

carman
07-04-2013, 04:17 PM
Has anyone had the xray round robin hood yet on the astro?
I'm looking for a setup.
Thanks.

johnnygibbon
18-04-2013, 09:34 PM
any uk astro set ups yet guys
cheers

jamiekerr14
18-04-2013, 10:11 PM
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117965