PDA

View Full Version : Tyres at batley

Bells
09-01-2013, 09:50 PM
After Sundays meeting a couple of members were talking about sourcing a few scooter tyres to use on corners instead of the fire hoses which are heavy , dirty and unforgiving if you hit the metal part of it , so what do you think track builders ?

charlie2
09-01-2013, 10:01 PM
ive got some motorcycle tyres they can have:).

neallewis
09-01-2013, 10:06 PM
Good idea, they work well at another indoor track I run at, cut down into halves.

NeilRalph77
10-01-2013, 08:11 AM
There fine and accepted at a small club like cullingworth but from what i understand not in the great scheme of things, I do however agree that the couplings on those old fire hoses need cutting off. Lightweight track markers are all well and good but move around far to easily and the track ends up changing shape every round best bets drive round them.

charlie2
10-01-2013, 08:18 AM
so far i havent had a problem with the fire hoses,its the bloody walls that get me:lol:

Bells
10-01-2013, 06:40 PM
There fine and accepted at a small club like cullingworth but from what i understand not in the great scheme of things, I do however agree that the couplings on those old fire hoses need cutting off. Lightweight track markers are all well and good but move around far to easily and the track ends up changing shape every round best bets drive round them.

That's true mate I never thought about them moving around

Aire valley
10-01-2013, 10:14 PM
Couldn't agree more about the walls, must trying turning earlier ! Tyres are good ! We used them a lot in the old days, preferably painted red or white, they make good corner markers and are quite forgiving if not too heavy ...