PDA

View Full Version : Advice for a novice!!

Greenflyer
12-01-2013, 10:21 AM
Good morning,

My son has been lucky enough to get a Tamiya Plasma Edge for Christmas. I was wondering if we would be able to go to the track at Spenbourgh to practice. Is there a pay and play rate or can do we need to join to do this.
Also I can't seem to find a list of dates or fixtures for 2013.

Additionally if anyone knows of alternative tracks I would be most grateful for some info, I have heard that there is one near Greetland in Halifax?

Many thanks in anticipation!

Greenflyer

johnboy
12-01-2013, 11:32 AM
Good morning,

My son has been lucky enough to get a Tamiya Plasma Edge for Christmas. I was wondering if we would be able to go to the track at Spenbourgh to practice. Is there a pay and play rate or can do we need to join to do this.

Additionally if anyone knows of alternative tracks I would be most grateful for some info, I have heard that there is one near Greetland in Halifax?

Greenflyer

The track at spenbourgh is for race meetings only I'm afraid. I would expect Dianne who runs Batley to put a calendar for the summer months on here when it's compleat. The track at Greetland is for on road cars only. If you do own an onroad car you can become members of the club and go as often as you like. The tamiya you have is offroad so not allowed at Greetland. Batley club are running indoors at the min at whitcliffe mount near the spenbourgh track. The dates are on the Batley thread. Pop down with your son and take alook also if he is under 13 Batley do an absolutly fantastic job promoting juniors as they run an under 13 race.

Greenflyer
12-01-2013, 12:48 PM
Hi,
Many thanks for the info. I think before joining any club he is best getting so serious practice. Are there any tracks nearby where he can practice or are we best looking at spare bits of land and car parks?

Cheers!

johnboy
12-01-2013, 01:00 PM
Spare bits of land if never used a radio controlled car before go to a football pitch plenty of space to have a play and learn to drive.

Bells
12-01-2013, 06:02 PM
Good morning,

Greenflyer
I live quite near spenbourgh track and its usually busy with young kids from the development at the rear to it , they seem to love the double and table top with there scooters and bmx , I don't think it would be a massive problem if you and your son went for a practice to be honest the track will proberbly do more damage to your car than you can do to it .