PDA

View Full Version : Is there any new bits coming for BJ4?

MHeadling
26-06-2008, 02:51 PM
I have been running the BJ4 for a while now, love the car BTW, just wondered if J concepts are going to come out with any new options,parts, chassis upgrade kit? WE2 kit would be a nice upgrade?!

Maybe something along the lines of the Mid44 but with Li-po trays as std?

I feel it would be a welcome addition to the car and keep the BJ4 owners happy with some new parts to add to the car, instead of being tempted by new car.

Gayo
26-06-2008, 03:09 PM
Maybe something along the lines of the Mid44 but with Li-po trays as std?

Noooo! j/k :p
I think that weight forward like the Mid44 + lightweight lipos would be a bit too much.

Maybe they could optimize the original BJ4 to use it with stick-packs lipos? Like with a proper tray, the Worlds direction, etc. I'm sure they would sell it like... well... something good :D

Lee
26-06-2008, 03:10 PM
I really dont know is the answer, but the only thing they might want to improve on is the weight and the slipper but this would be very expensive for them to do.

The other thing is, the car performs very well in the uk but in the us its in a totally different league, the car is awesome on dirt. I have never had a car feeling so "at home" on a track and would struggle to suggest anything to improve the car on that surface.

Richard Lowe
26-06-2008, 03:17 PM
Nothing major on the horizon afaik, we will see a performance 'upgrade' when LiPo's are the norm due to the reduced weight. They will bring the car back down to the minimum weight limit and move the CG closer to the front, which will help the car on european tracks in my eyes :)

On dirt the car is indeed, amazing in it's current form :D

bigred5765
26-06-2008, 03:19 PM
Nothing major on the horizon afaik, we will see a performance 'upgrade' when LiPo's are the norm due to the reduced weight. They will bring the car back down to the minimum weight limit and move the CG closer to the front, which will help the car on european tracks in my eyes :)

On dirt the car is indeed, amazing in it's current form :D

is it not painfull having a car in your eyes:woot:

MHeadling
26-06-2008, 04:02 PM
Yes I can see it would be expensive to do a new slipper but would be nice to have a B44 style one offered as an upgrade?

I just thinking it would be nice to re-fresh the chassis with some new bits.

I know us RC racers love new shiny bits, and it could introduce new customers to J concepts having a new car/conversion kit?

josh_smaxx
26-06-2008, 04:04 PM
I think it would be awesome if JC developed a 2wd (or a conversion for an existing 2wd), i think it would be seriously popular.

Mike Hudson
27-06-2008, 12:33 AM
Yes I can see it would be expensive to do a new slipper but would be nice to have a B44 style one offered as an upgrade?

I just thinking it would be nice to re-fresh the chassis with some new bits.

I know us RC racers love new shiny bits, and it could introduce new customers to J concepts having a new car/conversion kit?

If you think about the buisness side of it though it would cost jc a fortune to do this

MHeadling
27-06-2008, 09:49 AM
Yes I agree a slipper will be an expensive new part to produce, but maybe producing a new chassis,top deck would not be that expensive.

Just thought I would see what peoples views would be and throw some ideas to JC as they post on here.

d16dcoe45
03-07-2008, 01:42 AM
I have had my bj4 we sitting here for about 6 months--I was running a 501 WCE as its replacement and more recently my trusty, old xxx4 g+. I have been itching to run the bj4 again however. Do you guys think I will be at a disadvantage compared to b44s?

One of the hotshoes at my track said that the B44 has loads more steering and is simply a more predictable car to drive fast. I am not saying I agree with him or not--nor am I at any point considering a b44-- I am just trying to get some opinions on weather the bj4 we can still hang or not.

B44&501xRacerEX
03-07-2008, 04:55 AM
I got beat by a few while I was racing. I was running my B44 at that point.
Manly only the really good long time racers run the Bj4 WE.
But it probably drives almost like a B44, because the chassis design is almost the same. A few parts are different.

I was gonna get a BJ4 worlds car but the waiting list was so huge back then
I just waited til the B44 was released.