PDA

View Full Version : BRCA Mid South Regional Dates - 2013

Darren Boyle
14-01-2013, 11:52 PM
Now confirmed by all by all clubs and venues the following are the regional off road dates for the BRCA Mid South region for 2013.

This years events are being hosted by no fewer than seven of the best clubs and venues from within our region as follows (alphabetical order)...

DMS Model Car Club (Watford, Herts)
Herts Nitro Model Car club (Ware, Herts)
Silverstone Model Car Club (Northampton, Northants)
Stotfold Model Car Club (Hinxworth, Herts)
Surrey & Hants Radio Control Car Club (Farnbourough, Hants)
Three Counties R/C Motorsport Club* (Towcester, Northants)
Titchfield Off Road Club Hants (Curdridge, Hants)
* formerly - Telstar Racing

4wd Series
Round 1 - Silverstone - March 10th
Round 2 - T.O.R.C.H - April 28th
Round 3 - Stotfold - May 19th
Round 4 - Herts NMCC - June 16th
Round 5 - T.C.R.C.M.C - July 14th

2wd Series
Round 1 - Silverstone - March 31st - Now Confirmed (Booking In re-opened)
Round 2 - Surrey & Hants R/C Car Club - May 12th
Round 3 - DMS Model Car Club - June 2nd
Round 4 - Stotfold Model Car Club - June 30th
Round 5 - T.O.R.C.H - August 4th

The Series and Classes
Both series will be best 3 from 5 rounds to count. No "emergency" date has been pencilled in to the calender once more this year since each series will revert to 3 rounds from 4 should any meeting fall foul of inclement weather or similar like we experienced a few years back.
An open class will run alongside the "regional" class at each event, classes available will vary at each meeting and in terms of size of entries at the discretion of each club.
Controlled practice at each round, 4 rounds of qualifying, finals for all and three legged A finals. Please note it has been agreed by all clubs those booking in on the day are not scheduled to get a practice since they will not be in any of the pre-determined provisional heat listings, so please pre-book, for your own sake.

Trophies
Trophies for the BRCA class will be awarded for TQ overall and 1st place in every final at each meeting.

Entry Fees
Booking in is £10 pre-entered, £15 arrive/pay on the day for the BRCA regional class - Open Class(s) are £5 each.

Transponders and PT's
A reminder as is the norm now at most events, that ALL racers are expected to have access or use of a PT for lap counting, only minimal handout or loan units will be around at some meetings. Drivers also please note that some clubs will be upgrading during 2013 to the new "RC4" decoders and some clubs will continue with the "RC3" decoders, please check BEFORE the meeting the club detials which will be posted here on oOple as to what each event will be running......

A brief reminder...
"RC3" WILL count all AMB PT's, Mylaps Harry's and MRT's but WILL NOT count the new Mylaps Purcy.
"RC4" WILL count all AMB PT's, Mylaps Harry's and new Mylaps Purcys but WILL NOT count the MRT PT's

Tires
This year the clubs took a vote on whether to adopt "nominated tyres" for each event as per the BRCA National series and it was voted in favour that we DO.
The control tyres nominated and agreed upon for each club venue are as follows and are the ONLY tyres permtitted for use on the driven axle(s) at each event at that club.

DMS - Schumacher Mini-Pin or Ballistic Buggy Mini-Pin
Herts - Ballistic Buggy "Spike" or Schumacher "Mini Spike" (or Minispike 2)
Silverstone - Ballistic Buggy "Spike" or Schumacher "Mini Spike" (or Minispike 2)
Stotfold - Ballistic Buggy "Spike" or Schumacher "Mini Spike" (or Minispike 2)
Surrey and Hants - Ballistic Buggy "Spike" or Schumacher "Mini Spike" (or Minispike 2)
T.C.R.C.M.C - Ballistic Buggy "Spike" or Schumacher "Mini Spike" (or Minispike 2)
T.O.R.C.H - Ballistic Buggy "Spike" or Schumacher "Mini Spike" (or Minispike 2)

Booking In (The IMPORTANT BIT)
Booking in is via the usual DMS Online Booking-In service once more at www.dmsresults.co.uk (http://www.dmsresults.co.uk/) (already open as of this evening 14/1/2013).
Racers are all reminded that it is their responsability to keep hold of their confirmation entry email until AFTER each event expires. Each confirmation email includes a link for each competitor to be able to click should the need arise to withdraw from an event prior to it taking place.

Without the email you have no way of withdrawing and it will be your responsability to contact the hosting club in order to notify them in good time prior to the event. Anyone failing to do so or simply not showing on the day for the event will lose the right to pre-book in online in advance. First time offenders names will be colured blue online and will have to confirm their next entry with the club concerned before they are taken off any reserve list. Repeat offenders will be coloured red online and will have to pay for their missed event or events to the next club they wish to enter a meeting at before they are taken off any reserve list. Anyone coloured red or blue at the close of booking in for any event will be classed as not entered and will be asked to pay the "on the day" rates on the morning of the meeting should they be succesful in gaining an entry. PLEASE..... you have all been warned, book in early to avoid disappointment and if you have to withdraw make it your primary concern to unbook and ensure the club concerned (no-one else) are aware in good time that you will not be attending, it is for the good of all racers and to ensure as many people as possible can race at each event. Be warned also the "no-show" lists have been carried over from last season too..........

Thats all, I dont think anything has been forgotten (If it has I will edit and add it in), lets hope that the 2013 season is bigger then better then ever before and good luck to you all at this years events..........

RudeTony
15-01-2013, 10:00 AM
Why are dates clashing with events in the region organised months ago Darren?
I ask you as Keith doesn't seem to come here!

mattybucks
15-01-2013, 10:23 AM

Hi Tony,

What meetings clash, and with what other meetings?

Briangb
15-01-2013, 11:09 AM
I have asked this question on the TORCH section. Round 1 2WD clashes with TORCH Winter Series Round 5. I don't know if this is an oversight, or if TORCH have amended this date already.
This may be what Tony has also noticed.

tellor
15-01-2013, 11:44 AM
Surely a "winter" series would be run in the winter and a regional series would be run in the "Summer" months

The defintion of winter months are the 3 coldest months, typically December, January & February

Summer months are the 3 hottest, June, July & August

Obviously race organisers think you guys only have 2 seasons a year:p

Perhaps a clarification of summer and winter dates are whats needed for the future:thumbsup:

"What we have here is a failure to communicate"----10 points for naming that film?

tel

Darren Boyle
15-01-2013, 11:59 AM

The calendar we had sat in front of us "all" last wednesday at the meeting showed the nationals, oOple races (and invernational) and all international meetings such as Euros, Worlds and EFRA GP's. There was a point in the meeting where any additonal dates that were out of bounds was asked for, but noen were goven, sadly that did coincide with several people from around the table taking a "break" from the meeting, but one representative from each club was still present.

It is being looked into now and I will post back once a resolution has been reached, for now I have removed the booking in for the Silverstone 2wd round on 31st March, it shows on the website as CLOSED, all those who have entered so far are still there and will be when the booking in is resolved and re-opened.

Darren Boyle
15-01-2013, 12:04 PM
Surely a "winter" series would be run in the winter and a regional series would be run in the "Summer" months

The defintion of winter months are the 3 coldest months, typically December, January & February

Summer months are the 3 hottest, June, July & August

Obviously race organisers think you guys only have 2 seasons a year:p

Perhaps a clarification of summer and winter dates are whats needed for the future:thumbsup:

"What we have here is a failure to communicate"----10 points for naming that film?

tel

I agree, although in reality it is never that easy, we HAVE to avoid the nationals, we "try" to avoid as many other large meetings in the summer too, plus the regionals HAVE to be finished before the end of year finals to decide who is going and who is not etc... This year we have the availability of the Silverstone venue which is indoors and warm and can run when the outside weather is not ideal. It was aked at the meeting for any dates that we had to avoid and sadly not all clubs spoke up or were present at the right time..... :cry:

It is being looked into and will be resolved ASAP as per my post above....

tellor
15-01-2013, 12:32 PM
Hey Darren, you do a grand job from what I've heard about you

I'm sure every racer appreciates race organisers, it's just sometimes they don't show it

It's a shame some sort of meeting couldn't be organised as a thank you to all the volunteers who consistently help out week-in and week ...but who'd bloody do it! :lol:

you guys all get my vote for being genuinely nice people

Keep calm and carry on organising

Tel

JCJC
15-01-2013, 01:16 PM
I am sure the date's will sort out.

Three Counties R/C Motorsport Club is that a new name for Telstar or just when they use the Bell Plantation site, I am assuming that's the venue ?

Well done to all involved.

Darren Boyle
15-01-2013, 01:18 PM
TCRCMC is indeed the old "Telstar".

I think they need to make the name a little longer though :wub:p

RudeTony
15-01-2013, 01:25 PM
Sorry to bring it up but it must be an oversight by someone and would be a shame for the competitors of either event to be put in a situation to choose (especially in the same region)

Thanks for the help Darren

dibble34
15-01-2013, 03:54 PM
I am sure the date's will sort out.

Three Counties R/C Motorsport Club is that a new name for Telstar or just when they use the Bell Plantation site, I am assuming that's the venue ?

Well done to all involved.

Is there a website for this club? Is it indoors or our?

Cheers

Gonky
15-01-2013, 03:59 PM
Is there a website for this club? Is it indoors or our?

Cheers

Website is under construction and hoping to be up and running within the next 7-10 days.

Track is outdoors (Grass Track), As i'm sure for all the rounds, more details will be available shortly from their respective clubs.

dibble34
15-01-2013, 04:02 PM
Grass track nice one :thumbsup:, thanks for the info

jaywestwood
15-01-2013, 04:05 PM
With regards to booking in for round 1 2wd. Will we be automatically booked in as and when it gets the go ahead or will we need to keep checking on here?
Thanks
Jay

Darren Boyle
15-01-2013, 04:21 PM
With regards to booking in for round 1 2wd. Will we be automatically booked in as and when it gets the go ahead or will we need to keep checking on here?
Thanks
Jay
Hi Jay, no-one will get booked in automatically, since it is impossible for any of us to know who is and is not going from each club. Those who had entered before it was taken down this morning will still be there, if any changes are made and any prospective new venue and/or date is not suitable for those people they will be able to withdraw as normal. Once all is sorted it will annnounced on here and booking in for this round will re-open..

Hope that helps

Darren

jlucas
15-01-2013, 04:42 PM
For those that have to pay for a missed round and prepay the first do we contact the next club on the list? Obviously there is the possibility that silverstone might not be round one now

Thanks

James

Darren Boyle
15-01-2013, 05:00 PM
For those that have to pay for a missed round and prepay the first do we contact the next club on the list? Obviously there is the possibility that silverstone might not be round one now

Thanks

James

I would hold fire for the next 24/48 hrs whilst the date issue is resolved then proceed once all is clear, there will still be plenty of spaces in the coming few days in my opinion (famous last words :bored:)

jlucas
15-01-2013, 05:02 PM
Yeah famous last words certainly don't want to miss out on any of the regionals

gwesty
15-01-2013, 05:28 PM
hi darren , ive tried twice to book into 2wd and 4wd but apparently my brca number isnt right ? got the card in front of me ? thanks glenn

Darren Boyle
15-01-2013, 05:36 PM
hi darren , ive tried twice to book into 2wd and 4wd but apparently my brca number isnt right ? got the card in front of me ? thanks glenn

What number do you have Glenn?

Edit; Just looked and you are in some of the rounds already?

mikeyscott
15-01-2013, 05:40 PM

scotty_big_flip
15-01-2013, 05:46 PM
sweeeeeeeet :woot:

gwesty
15-01-2013, 05:54 PM
7593 , I've entered all but Telstar . Thanks darren

Darren Boyle
15-01-2013, 06:03 PM
7593 , I've entered all but Telstar . Thanks darren

Seems to have worked OK now, maybe a typo or somthing.....

chuckie stella
15-01-2013, 06:14 PM

Darren has probably smashed his computer up by now or at least turned it off for the night :cry:

That happened to me, but still got the confirmation emails. Give your email a check boss

Ignore, didn't load properly!!!

Darren Boyle
15-01-2013, 06:37 PM
All Racers,

The issue over the clash of dates has been resolved, for everyones information, it was a misundertsanding on several peoples part and no fault of any one individual, but is now sorted. The original regional dates are now confirmed and remain unchanged to those advertised late last night, however those attending the TORCH winter series round (that originally clashed) please note this date has been changed by the club to accomodate this issue and also to avoid the club running on Easter weekend which they were not aware this date fell on, please consult their section of the forum, their website and facebook page shortly for more info.....

chuckie stella
15-01-2013, 06:43 PM
Well done Darren and Steve!!

gwesty
15-01-2013, 06:57 PM
Haha quality matt :) thanks again Darren x lol

RogerM
16-01-2013, 12:54 PM
Does anybody know how to book in as a "guest" as Adam and I will be scoring points for in the Mid West but want to race at most of your regionals too as you have some great tracks!

I (we) are currently thinking of scoring points in 2wd in one region & 4wd in the other just to confuse things :)

chuckie stella
16-01-2013, 01:41 PM
Does anybody know how to book in as a "guest" as Adam and I will be scoring points for in the Mid West but want to race at most of your regionals too as you have some great tracks!

I (we) are currently thinking of scoring points in 2wd in one region & 4wd in the other just to confuse things :)

Scoring in both is fine providing different classes.

I think you simply book in through the DMS site, but choose the other class to enter the open? If I'm wrong I'm Darren will correct me if he hasn't vowed to stay off oOple for the day :lol:

Darren Boyle
16-01-2013, 02:12 PM
Scoring in both is fine providing different classes.

I think you simply book in through the DMS site, but choose the other class to enter the open? If I'm wrong I'm Darren will correct me if he hasn't vowed to stay off oOple for the day :lol:

LOL...

Yesacers can do say 2wd in one region and 4wd in another, they juts cannot do a mix of one class in more than one region.

Anyone no doing the "regional" BRCA class juts simply enter the open class and choose a car that is appropriate or close to what you are running (same brand for instance)

cigbunt
18-01-2013, 03:59 PM
should i get a confirmation email right after booking or is it some time after?

havnt got anything though so im not sure if it went though or not??

estebandonde
18-01-2013, 04:05 PM
Greg, see if your name is on the entry list

Darren Boyle
18-01-2013, 04:08 PM
should i get a confirmation email right after booking or is it some time after?

havnt got anything though so im not sure if it went though or not??

Email comes through instantly to the email address that you enter in the email field. Please check this is correct.

You can confirm if it has worked by looking at the entry list of one of the meetings you have just entered, you will see your name on there

cigbunt
18-01-2013, 04:09 PM
nope... i didnt get anything and not on the list..

i'll redo it!

mikeyscott
18-01-2013, 04:22 PM
nope... i didnt get anything and not on the list..

i'll redo it!

Spam filter?

cigbunt
18-01-2013, 04:24 PM
sorted there was a check box in the middle i didnt notice...

Mossy
30-01-2013, 07:35 PM
I've booked in for both rounds at Stotfold but have been placed on the reserve list? Any reason why when I booked in two weeks ago?

Si

Dudders
30-01-2013, 07:42 PM
Darren manually checks all entrants for real people. I think if you checked tonight or tomorrow you'll be bumped up.

He's tireless is our Dazza!

Darren Boyle
30-01-2013, 08:30 PM
I've booked in for both rounds at Stotfold but have been placed on the reserve list? Any reason why when I booked in two weeks ago?

Si

Hi Simon, It will be to do with entering meetings in the past and not turning up on the day, I think you entered Strotfold last year too if memory serves correct but then did not arrive on the day, you will have been on the clubs list of no shows from that meeting. "Blue" simply means you have to contact the club and confirm/pay for your entry up front, they will then remove you from "Reserve/Blue" and revert you to normal. It is also worth noting if you are doing the "open" (non regional class) to let the clubs know, since they will enter you in the opposite class to that of the regional (unless of course you are doing the Mid South this year)

Mossy
30-01-2013, 08:42 PM
Seems strange? I competed in the Stotfold rounds last year and attended both, and the previous winter series rounds etc I've removed myself from the entry prior to the meeting on the one occasion I wasn't able to make. Ill be attending both rounds 100%

Darren Boyle
31-01-2013, 02:08 PM
Seems strange? I competed in the Stotfold rounds last year and attended both, and the previous winter series rounds etc I've removed myself from the entry prior to the meeting on the one occasion I wasn't able to make. Ill be attending both rounds 100%

Not sure then to be hoenst, either way, juts contact the club you are booked in with (Stotfold) and confirm the entry with either Keith or maybe even Paul and they can arrange to get you sorted...

Be sure to let them know if you are running in the regionla (which you have entered) or the open class (which you have not)

Hope that helps

mikeyscott
16-02-2013, 05:19 PM
Just like to remind racers that the TORCH regional events will be running the new RC4 decoder due to having to meet the RC2 decoder trade in.

mikeyscott
17-03-2013, 07:56 PM
TORCH are changing decoders from RC2 to RC4 from 24/3/13 therefore we can only cater for AMB / My Laps Transponders

We have upgraded due to the heavy discounting currently being offered

TARTMAN
25-03-2013, 01:04 AM
my entries are now R1 in blue. the 1st regional i used the corect link in the email confirmation to remove myself from the meeting as could not make it.
But i am now in blue. why?

does the remove/cancel entry link no longer work?

Darren Boyle
25-03-2013, 01:14 AM
my entries are now R1 in blue. the 1st regional i used the corect link in the email confirmation to remove myself from the meeting as could not make it.
But i am now in blue. why?

does the remove/cancel entry link no longer work?

You only really need to ask the question in one thread :confused:

Have just replied (at 1:13am) to your other post...

Darren

TARTMAN
31-03-2013, 10:49 PM
but oople does not email updates etc now, so no idea if a post has been replied to. cant seem to work out why/how to change replies/messages.....

oh well sorted now.

cheers.

Darren Boyle
01-04-2013, 01:36 PM
but oople does not email updates etc now, so no idea if a post has been replied to. cant seem to work out why/how to change replies/messages.....

oh well sorted now.

cheers.

Often best to "look at them" and read them, then you can see if they have replies ;-) :p

I assume your paid the club up front for sunday and they will revert your status back to normal now....

Mossy
18-05-2013, 09:37 AM
I've tried to remove myself from the point scoring regional class tomorrow using the link in the email I received in January but it says it is no longer valid.

I'm now in for the open class but could someone please remove me from the regional (I had planned to point score here not at Epr as I did last week but things changed).

Cheers and see you tomorrow.

Si

adam_u
11-08-2013, 08:56 PM
Evening all, can anyone tell me if the final regional standings have been posted anywhere please? None of the results seem to include the final rounds for 2 or 4wd.

Cheers

Ad.

SRCMCC
11-08-2013, 09:57 PM
Evening all, can anyone tell me if the final regional standings have been posted anywhere please? None of the results seem to include the final rounds for 2 or 4wd.

Cheers

Ad.

4wd results have been on the SRCMCC club website for a while now, 2wd results have yet to be released!

http://www.silverstonercmcc.co.uk/ :D

adam_u
12-08-2013, 03:54 PM
Ah, thanks for that, will sit tight for a while longer then :thumbsup: