PDA

View Full Version : rear roll bar

Garry Spice
29-06-2008, 06:39 AM
ive seen ellis x6 pounding around epo last week and noticed he uses a rear rollbar.after seeing this i got me a 4 gear convertion and a xxx4 rollbar kit and piano wire(many fanx dms).does this work?:eh?:

Mike Hudson
29-06-2008, 12:01 PM
what do you mean does this work? Thats what ellis said on another thread of this forum to get a xxx4/xx4 roll bar kit and piano wire, it should give more steering depending on the thickness of the wire

Garry Spice
29-06-2008, 08:46 PM
fanx matey,didnt know that this is my first ever weekend on oople.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Big E
29-06-2008, 08:51 PM
You have it.

However I don't always use the bar, it is very good but does take a little drive away so not always the best thing.

You will have always seen it on the car though but one side can be disconnected so if your not sure have a closer look or just ask.

E.

Garry Spice
30-06-2008, 06:11 AM
thanx ellis.are you going to the faversham 2wd regional?

Big E
30-06-2008, 06:32 AM
No I'm afraid I can't make it to that one.

E.

Gnarly Old Dog
30-06-2008, 08:33 AM
Gary - come and find me at Faversham and I'll walk you through what you need to do.
18SWG piano wire (1.2mm) is good.
a bit of dremel work on the rear wishbone makes it a bit wasier to fit the lower ball studs - that's the trickiest bit.

Ended up not running mine at the EPR national this weekend - it does tend to corner a bit flatter and square up a bit quicker but like E says - it's easy to fit / disconnect so you can try it both ways in a practice sess.

Garry Spice
30-06-2008, 09:35 PM
ok,no probs.i got the ballstuds in without no worries(cos i got little girl fingers:D)but dont fancy do that again(yes,i will do yours brett).see u at fav.:thumbsup: