PDA

View Full Version : Optimized RC Products - X6 motor plate

jimmy
30-06-2008, 03:37 PM
French tuning company Optimized RC have sent news of their new motor plate for the increasingly popular XFactory X6 car. The motor plate fits the 4-gear box and will be available in 4 different colours - Blue (seen here) Red, Black and Titanium colours and should be available soon.

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/misc/news/opx601.jpg

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/misc/news/opx602.jpg

vinny20
30-06-2008, 03:44 PM
That's nice

bigred5765
30-06-2008, 04:10 PM
awwwww now if they made a green one i may have bought one

ben
30-06-2008, 04:12 PM
Ive had the standard one powder coated chrome :p

That new motor plate does look rather nice though :D

Robbiejuk
30-06-2008, 04:19 PM
Looks great, but shouldn't they have countersunk the screwhole at the bottom?

Mike Hudson
30-06-2008, 05:20 PM
Let us know when it's released :) yes, wouldn't be much effort to counter sunk the hole for the motor support i'd think though. Remember it hasn't been released yet so they may well correct that

stegger
30-06-2008, 06:20 PM
And there's no fan mount. Look nice though:D

Mike Hudson
30-06-2008, 06:42 PM
And there's no fan mount. Look nice though:D
When has a 2wd needed a fan :confused:

mattym0310
30-06-2008, 07:00 PM
the x6 motor plateshave holes for a fan / heat sink mike

Mike Hudson
30-06-2008, 07:16 PM
the x6 motor plateshave holes for a fan / heat sink mike
i know that matty im not stupid you havnt read my post properly, i said when has a 2wd ever need a fan? or even, who have you seen who has a fan on their motor on an x6?

mattym0310
30-06-2008, 07:33 PM
i read it correctly mike. I was saying it had them there. they wouldn't put them there for no reason would they??

Mike Hudson
30-06-2008, 07:41 PM
i read it correctly mike. I was saying it had them there. they wouldn't put them there for no reason would they??

currently i havn't seen anyone who uses them for anything so I wouldn't really think they are absolutely necessary, they look like empty random holes currently as nothing has been released to my knowledge that attatch to them.

Big E
30-06-2008, 07:54 PM
The holes are for a fan mount and it will be out at some point but other things keep getting in the way.

Other cars where the motor is out the back maybe not a problem but with it in the middle, where it should be :p, we thought it would be good to have the option.

I have run a fan a few times in my car but only at silly hot meetings and not over here, remember some place actually have a high temperature for more than 2 days :D

That plate looks nice though although the brace hole should be countersunk.

E.

Mike Hudson
30-06-2008, 08:02 PM
The holes are for a fan mount and it will be out at some point but other things keep getting in the way.

Other cars where the motor is out the back maybe not a problem but with it in the middle, where it should be :p, we thought it would be good to have the option.

I have run a fan a few times in my car but only at silly hot meetings and not over here, remember some place actually have a high temperature for more than 2 days :D

That plate looks nice though although the brace hole should be countersunk.

E.

I can understand in america and other hot countrys but not here :woot: we all know what the uk is like ;), in the mean time there are motor heatsinks with fans mounted to them that can be used, not sure if it would make much impact on production costs for optimized to add these holes

mattym0310
30-06-2008, 08:25 PM
I have run a fan a few times in my car

What was that mike?? was i right? :p

The reason they are more likely to be needed, i'm not saying they are, is because the motor is enclosed within the bodyshell, not sticking out of the back like the commoners are. :lol:

motor mount plate looks good by the way :)

Mike Hudson
30-06-2008, 09:03 PM
What was that mike?? was i right? :p

The reason they are more likely to be needed, i'm not saying they are, is because the motor is enclosed within the bodyshell, not sticking out of the back like the commoners are. :lol:

motor mount plate looks good by the way :)
if read a few more words along he said 'but not over here'
anyway enough of this childplay :lol:
back on topic the plate looks nice but does need the hole counter sunk for the Motor support plate and maybe those fan mount holes for those who are based in hotter countrys like the us

Lee
01-07-2008, 10:32 AM
if read a few more words along he said 'but not over here'

Yeah its just that Ellis kid posting again, what does he know :confused:

Maybe they should do a UK x6 car without this option to keep you happy mike? :thumbsup:

kenooze
01-07-2008, 10:40 AM
Don't worry about the countersunk hole, we do that on production !
We also study to do a milled plate, but that's really most expansive !

Thanks for your feedbacks :thumbsup:

Mike Hudson
01-07-2008, 10:43 AM
yeah i'd like that :woot: uk special x6 with no fan mount holes, would maybe reduce costs in production haha :pmaybe it could even come with uk bmag special shell with marker pens included :thumbsup: just kiddin, me and matty always have something to argue about in our long lasting relationship :lol:

Mike Hudson
01-07-2008, 10:46 AM
Don't worry about the countersunk hole, we do that on production !
We also study to do a milled plate, but that's really most expansive !

Thanks for your feedbacks :thumbsup:

Milled motor plate would look very nice :drool: I'd pay the extra for one! espec in red ;)

Darren Boyle
10-01-2009, 11:47 PM
Our first shipment from Optimized R/C has arrived this weekend, we now have stock of all four colours of the motor plates - Dark Blue (AE blue), Light Blue (Tamiya blue), Red or Black.

Made from the highest quality alloy and anodised to a VERY high standard. They are currently available at £23.50 each and as well as through ourselves direct they will shortly be available too through all of our "X-Factory UK" stockists and dealers.

These will be added to the DMS and X-Factory UK wesbites in the next day or so.

These will fit the existing X6, our new X60 truck and I can also confirm will fit the forthcoming X6 Squared as well when it arrives..

ben
11-01-2009, 02:22 AM
£23!!! Bargain! :D

General Accident
11-01-2009, 07:46 AM
Ooo-er, the wallet is trembling again. Darren, you have PM.

Darren Boyle
11-01-2009, 12:01 PM
Ben, you can blame the Euro vs Pound exchange rate for the price mate, they are 30 Euro in Europe which at recent exchange prices is more than £30!!! We have done our very best on these, as we always try to do.

The quality of the anodising and the finish of the alloy though is VERY good as I have already said.

CCristo
31-01-2009, 11:45 PM
Are these on the DMS site yet? I couldn't find them listed....

Darren Boyle
01-02-2009, 01:20 AM
No, but they should be going on tommorow afternoon (if all goes well)

We have put them straight up (at full RRP) on the X-Factory UK wesbite to be seen, but to be fair to all of our dealers we allow them chance to get them in stock also before we rush them onto our own shop website... (hope that makes sense, gives all of our X-Factory dealers a chance to get stock in and on their shelves too before we have them listed on our own site for general sale)