PDA

View Full Version : VRC PRO Off Road

Alan Reeves
22-01-2013, 06:50 PM
For anyone thinking about getting this...

There is an introductory offer on atm where you can get 3 months subscription plus the off road expansion pack for just 29.95 euros which is a lot cheaper than the normal price!

Ive recently joined and its great!
Just made the cut for my first off road competition and in about 40th place out of 300+ :)

And special bonus....If you send me your email address I will send you a special invite which will credit your account with 10 v euros upon activation, and mine with 7 v euros for finding new talent! This can be used to buy new tracks etc

Danny Harrison
24-01-2013, 12:43 AM
Hey Alan, I think we been racing last couple days ;)

Alan Reeves
24-01-2013, 12:51 AM
Daniel?
How good is it?

Forgot to mention you can earn the money to buy tracks etc by doing well in races, I've only been a member for just over a week and I've already won 2.50 lol

I made it into the final in my first sc race placed 35 of 322 with the top 40 in the finals so more money!

This game is ace we should have an oople club!

Danny Harrison
24-01-2013, 02:11 AM
I keep trying to tell people. Seems to be the general consensus that it doesn't equate to real life racing, or its not worth the money etc.

Well as I said in another thread.

I've had minimal experience racing (4 months ish followed by 4 months break)

Came back from my break 3 weeks ago. Did a meeting at Batley and was terrible. (Bottom final mid table meh...)

2 weeks of VRC later and hit A finals at both York and Cullingworth. Placing 4th at york and First at Cullingworth. I think that speaks for itself to be fair.
York was after 1 week of VRC too.

(I did have a 4wd at cullingworth against predominantly 2wd's but still. Never won it before and <<<<<----noob here)

+1 for an oople VRC offroad club!

rhino20
29-01-2013, 11:54 AM
Hi Guys, i,m thinking about getting vrc.
?,s
Did you try the trial version using the usb adapter ?
Can you register without choosing a package ?
In the trial version can you race against other cars ?
Are you using your own TX,s to drive with ? how real is the feel?:)

thanks

Danny Harrison
29-01-2013, 12:07 PM
You can register without choosing a package. Trial can race online. You can buy an adqptor on eBay for about a fiver and use TX in trial too.

For realism... Once you get used to the views and depth perception and you car is set up well its as good as it gets.

Give me your email for an invite and some free in game money to spend ;)

ceejay21
14-02-2013, 10:37 PM
where abouts on ebay is the usb adapter? i dont want to wait 3 weeks for mine to arrive from europe :cry:

Danny Harrison
15-02-2013, 12:15 AM
where abouts on ebay is the usb adapter? i dont want to wait 3 weeks for mine to arrive from europe :cry:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wireless-USB-VRC-VIRTUAL-RC-RACING-RC-Car-Truck-Mode-FMSl-Simulator-For-3CH-TX-/120829061108?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item1c21f927f4

I ordered from here. Still took about a fortnight though.

Origineelreclamebord
15-02-2013, 08:37 AM
It looks really nice and I'd love to give it a shot... but afaik, they don't offer 2WD buggies just yet? :eh?:

Gayo
15-02-2013, 09:08 AM
Sadly, no. Only Short Course and soon 4WD nitro, maybe electric too.

metalmickey0
15-02-2013, 10:24 AM
And a reaalllly fast computer as i found out to my error. As got it and can only run with all detail off and only 1 car. So i cant now play on it. One day maybe:cry:

Danny Harrison
17-02-2013, 04:15 PM
And a reaalllly fast computer as i found out to my error. As got it and can only run with all detail off and only 1 car. So i cant now play on it. One day maybe:cry:

It certainly helps, but doesnt need to be that great. I run it on a 4 year old desktop PC I bought for 200 quid. GFX card in it is mid range (£70 or so)

It runs at 1080p and I get roughly 200 frames per sec :)

Try turning off v sync in the game and turn it on in your graphic card software. :thumbsup:

Origineelreclamebord
03-04-2013, 11:06 PM
I got a USB adaptor today and tried it on all sorts of games (with varying degrees of success) before trying it on VRC Pro Offroad. As I expected with this laptop, I had to set all the detail to the minimum...

...But boy, this is cool! :woot: Ok, sure in a crash the way the car bounces and slides around is not 100%, and my 2WD buggy seems more sensitive in the air to throttle corrections to put the nose up or down (though I understand this might be different on a 4WD SC), but the driving itself is very, very decent!

I was just going to try it out and before I knew it, roughly 45 minutes had past! :lol: I'm surprised to find myself trying to find the best lines, the jumping rythms (something I find really hard) and spotting my mistakes to correct them. The result is that by the end of the heat I had a lap consistency of +/-1 second, whereas (after the 5-10 minutes of getting into the game) that was more like +/-5 seconds, and the pace was averaging 5 seconds a lap quicker by the end. Impressive stuff VRC! :)

With the nearest track some 140km away this is actually worth consideration to prevent my skills with the transmitter becoming rusty when I haven't touched it in 3-4 weeks between races (in the worst cases, as the case was earlier today, with an important race coming up this weekend).

Danny Harrison
03-04-2013, 11:37 PM
Yep it's really good. My driving improved leaps and bounds and it's at least 50% due to this game.

If you need any help hit me up. I have a top 20 best ever time trial on Rhein main track :o

danmurphy
04-04-2013, 06:05 AM
I'm hoping that there'll be a few more off road tracks and features soon. Rallycross would be a good start and hopefully 1/10th electric buggies will follow?

JoelMaher
04-04-2013, 09:20 AM
Has anyone got it working on a macbook pro yet?

Origineelreclamebord
04-04-2013, 10:43 AM
I'm hoping that there'll be a few more off road tracks and features soon. Rallycross would be a good start and hopefully 1/10th electric buggies will follow?

+1, 4WD SC is nice but if I can drive a B4 (close enough to my TRF201) then I 'have to' buy a license/membership :lol: It would also be cool to have say the RHR Dirt track in there, and perhaps one or two astro tracks as well?

AndyG
04-04-2013, 12:25 PM
Has anyone got it working on a macbook pro yet?

not on a macbook pro, but a mac - yes ... ish. By running VMWare Fusion with Windows XP inside. I get a few messages regarding video memory which means I cant run all tracks on it though.... so I went to a Windows laptop.

Might run better in its own boot partition.

Danny Harrison
04-04-2013, 12:52 PM
+1, 4WD SC is nice but if I can drive a B4 (close enough to my TRF201) then I 'have to' buy a license/membership :lol: It would also be cool to have say the RHR Dirt track in there, and perhaps one or two astro tracks as well?

I put it to the founder a few months back to have the RHR track in there. He said he will look into it. Fingers crossed.

Rallycross I think is getting close to completion and 1/10 e buggies should follow soon after. The new physics needed will be virtually same for both so keep yours eyes peeled :)

PaulRotheram
15-04-2013, 10:02 PM
Add me as a friend Danny, ive just started a few weeks ago, and just paid my full subscription. Need to get a few 'pit buddies' as i'm not as fast on there as i am in real life!!

Danny Harrison
15-04-2013, 10:14 PM
Havn't been racing on there as of late paul. I'm waiting on the buggies. I send you a freind request over :thumbsup:

vrooom
04-08-2013, 03:47 PM
I got this 'game' with £3.89 usb adaptor which i use my spektrum on it.

http://dx.com/p/mystery-fs-sm101-usb-simulator-cable-for-r-c-remotes-13158

the game feel nice. control feel bit "off" compared to real life. (the car turn in too hard yet understeer, if that make sense.)

I got "demo" version, it is quite arse raping expenisve game... :(

Danny Harrison
04-08-2013, 06:44 PM
I got this 'game' with £3.89 usb adaptor which i use my spektrum on it.

http://dx.com/p/mystery-fs-sm101-usb-simulator-cable-for-r-c-remotes-13158

the game feel nice. control feel bit "off" compared to real life. (the car turn in too hard yet understeer, if that make sense.)

I got "demo" version, it is quite arse raping expenisve game... :(

Your car must be set up as default if it drives so badly. Download a set up as a baseline. What class are you referring to?

mpg200
05-08-2013, 12:19 PM
I've just started playing with this too. So far I'm quite impressed. whether it makes me better is yet to be seen. Fun none the less though.

Danny Harrison
05-08-2013, 02:00 PM
I've just started playing with this too. So far I'm quite impressed. whether it makes me better is yet to be seen. Fun none the less though.

Send me a friend request :) I'll have a blast with you on it.

mpg200
05-08-2013, 02:45 PM
done. sent a request to ooplers too
:thumbsup:

Danny Harrison
05-08-2013, 04:49 PM
done. sent a request to ooplers too

haha ace, Im using rhein main to keep my fingers limber for invernational :) I'll be on about 8pm :)

Cardnim
06-08-2013, 11:35 AM
This is a really interesting thread.

I only played the free version of VRC (and with keyboard!) and didnt think much of it.

But hearing you guys, it sounds like even though 1/10 offroad isnt in there, it is still useful for keeping your hand in, and the skills fresh?

Its really (really!) difficult for me to get to race RC so would love if this thing actually was going to be useful.
And if I can use my actual controller then even better!

mpg200
06-08-2013, 12:09 PM
Recently they appear to have changed the subscription model to free to play for basic tracks and cars with the option of buying better tracks and modified cars/components. A USB adaptor makes a world of difference.

I'm not sure about what Danny thinks of the training himself but in real life I saw him go from a newcomer to demon in about 4 months! :cool:

Now I'm still rubbish in real life so I hope it works for me as well.:thumbsup:

Cardnim
06-08-2013, 01:16 PM

I second the wishes too as I am very much pants (as all will see this weekend!) :blush:

But I have gone ahead and downloaded VRC Pro and bought the USB adaptor for it too.
Heres hoping!! ....

EDIT -> p.s. I love the idea of an oOple league/virtual club on VRC too so if we can get that going it could be fun.

Danny Harrison
06-08-2013, 01:34 PM
Recently they appear to have changed the subscription model to free to play for basic tracks and cars with the option of buying better tracks and modified cars/components. A USB adaptor makes a world of difference.

I'm not sure about what Danny thinks of the training himself but in real life I saw him go from a newcomer to demon in about 4 months! :cool:

haha, it really did help me. The short course trucks when set up nice are pretty close to buggies on slippy surfaces.

It helped me react quicker when getting out of shape, and drive on more of an autopilot than havinbg to actually think about it.

Without a shadow of a doubt it made me far quicker in real life.

If you want a link to my set up, i'll send one over. 25th fastest time ever on Rhein main right here :woot:

RogerM
07-08-2013, 11:30 AM
Cool idea to have an oOple virtual club!

Danny, interested in your set up for the SC as I can't get them to feel pointy and alive like a 1/10th buggy at all.

Supercoolnothing
09-08-2013, 04:20 PM
I just joined the Oople club on VRC, looking forward to taking part in a few events now

Danny Harrison
28-08-2013, 02:06 AM
Doesnt get much better than this without going trackside. Buggy release hitting beta too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSfoGDWMzgo

D.A.R.C 1
28-08-2013, 06:30 PM
I have always fancied getting this but have poor computer skills and have worried that I would be wasting my time and money
Is it easy?
Thanks

Danny Harrison
28-08-2013, 09:52 PM
I have always fancied getting this but have poor computer skills and have worried that I would be wasting my time and money
Is it easy?
Thanks

Ye game does all the set up for you. Its fun too, especially if you get a few friends online.

Danny Harrison
06-09-2013, 10:40 PM
Had to share this, check out the names around me :woot:

http://www.vrcworld.com/tracks/results.aspx?track=68&class=26#detail

Games miles better now the new physics engine is out. Highly recommended, see if I get a bit better now for real :thumbsup:

Cardnim
09-09-2013, 09:50 AM
Awesome drive buddy. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Well done.

I havent managed to get into the 35 sec lap yet...but definitely improving :)

smokes
15-09-2013, 11:02 PM
do you now have to pay to get an adjustable car now?

Origineelreclamebord
16-09-2013, 04:42 AM
do you now have to pay to get an adjustable car now?

Yes...

...but you can earn vCredits for sending invitations to others. If they accept and actually spend money there, you earn 10 vCredits. If you send your 5 first invitations you get 5 vCredits, meaning a chassis costs you a third less by merely sending invitations around... And it doesn't seem to matter what email adresses they are. That's what you get with the steep pricing they have with this simulator :lol:

That said, an off-road car that you can fully set up is worth the money... not 12.50, but 7.50 is... :)

smokes
16-09-2013, 12:06 PM
I thought the car were fully adjustable before. I can pull 19.2 on the kit setup (not consistantly)around mike r/c track,I guess to pull a 17 sec lap I need to be a better driver and adjust the damping.

With the game controller calibration

I am getting 82% throttle with the in game EXP set to 100%. Anyone else had this issue?

thanks

Danny Harrison
16-09-2013, 12:42 PM
I thought the car were fully adjustable before. I can pull 19.2 on the kit setup (not consistantly)around mike r/c track,I guess to pull a 17 sec lap I need to be a better driver and adjust the damping.

With the game controller calibration

I am getting 82% throttle with the in game EXP set to 100%. Anyone else had this issue?

thanks

You should get 100%. Make sure you have calibrated controller through windows. EXP should not effect it. Also set all your trims to 0 before you calibrate along with epa.

smokes
16-09-2013, 09:37 PM
window 8 likes to hide thing found the calibration tool now

smokes
16-09-2013, 11:07 PM
window 8 likes to hiding programs.i have now found the calibration tool.

cunawarit
23-09-2013, 11:51 PM
I've just started playing this game tonight. It is cool :) I'm not convinced the handling is all that realistic, but I hope it will improve my hand eye coordination and controller handling.

Also, I am using a fully wired in USB cable, found it was a cheaper option than the official VRC Pro thingy that you plug to a receiver.

How did I do? Not great... But then again I am not a great RC driver in real life :) a fair few low 14 second laps around Carpet 2 with a Tamiya Spec chassis and a cool truck body. Didn't quite managed to break into the 13s though.

PS: Did try the off road, but with zero SC experience or 4WD off road experience of any form I couldn't tell how good it was. Found it easier with the on-road cars on carpet.

cunawarit
24-09-2013, 08:25 AM
I'm loving this game :) Not much time to play but had a quick little go before work this morning!

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u429/gpowerf/1_zpsd5861c78.jpg (http://s1067.photobucket.com/user/gpowerf/media/1_zpsd5861c78.jpg.html)

2 laps behind the really quick guys, which is about right for me :lol:

I still can't work out why someone would pay the full subscription rather than ruining the spec cars and buying a couple of tracks tops... In terms of onroad Carpet 2 seems all I need for practise for now.

If they bring out 2WD buggies I'll try the off road again. Losi 22 pls! :D

Danny Harrison
24-09-2013, 12:32 PM
I'm loving this game :) Not much time to play but had a quick little go before work this morning!

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u429/gpowerf/1_zpsd5861c78.jpg (http://s1067.photobucket.com/user/gpowerf/media/1_zpsd5861c78.jpg.html)

2 laps behind the really quick guys, which is about right for me :lol:

I still can't work out why someone would pay the full subscription rather than ruining the spec cars and buying a couple of tracks tops... In terms of onroad Carpet 2 seems all I need for practise for now.

If they bring out 2WD buggies I'll try the off road again. Losi 22 pls! :D

With the offroad, the spec cars are not all that great in my opinion. The mod chassis however, when set up good is really fun and feels like you would expect a real sct to. Cant wait for the buggies.

cunawarit
25-09-2013, 08:58 AM
Thanks for the tip, will probably buy a SCT if the buggies don't come out in the next few months. I bought the Eppelheim LRP 2007 track as that seems like the kind of track I find myself racing locally.

Too soon so say, but it seems like a really good practise tool. Been using it for a day and a bit, and my laptimes have come down considerably, on Carpet 2 now I can lap mostly do 13 second laps.

For busy people like me who have no natural RC racing skills whatsoever, this seems great. The reality is that on any given week I just do four five minute rounds of racing. That's it. I hardly ever bash... The only thing is that the Touring cars on VRC Pro handle WAY better than my vintage TL01 ;)

smokes
25-09-2013, 03:48 PM
Has anyone got a decent setup for mike rc track with intercept SC car?

Thanks

Sammy

Essexboyracer
25-09-2013, 07:06 PM
Got the USB adapter through today (11 days from ordering... not bad at all). I was worried about latency after trying my controller on my mates pc with vrc pro, but I can't notice any latency on my pc. I think we didn't calibrate it right on his pc.

I only have the free version of the game at the moment.

I've tried onroad 1/10 on the carpet track, and the sc10 13.5 on the cool sct track, and i'm really happy with how it handles. I found that once I got used to the view a bit, and also got comfortable with my controller while seated, the game provides an excellent way of practicing (not tried racing yet)

I was getting smoother, and getting better over the jumps with the sct, and it was rewarding me for driving well, and punishing me just where I felt it should. I'm not saying it's perfect, but I think it will be an invaluable practicing tool. Looking forward to trying out some racing, and the other 4 tracks available to me for free. For the price of the usb dongle, it was a great buy.

cunawarit
25-09-2013, 08:16 PM
That's exactly it, it doesn't feel perfect to me. In some ways it was harder than real RC, even with my 24 inch monitor I can't say that I get as good a view of the car as I do in real life. In real life I can easily see how much the car leans and dives...

But harder is better than easy when it comes to actually practising some basic skills like being precise with the controls, staying calm and collected during a race and generally being consistent.

FWIW, I've not felt any lag in the controls. That aspect of things feels spot on... Practise does work :)

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u429/gpowerf/laps_zpsdd97dc93.jpg (http://s1067.photobucket.com/user/gpowerf/media/laps_zpsdd97dc93.jpg.html)

That's one day's difference, my slowest lap just now was quicker than my fastest yesterday :) and I've not been practising THAT much. Let's hope the improvements seen here work in real life.

Dodgy Guy
12-11-2013, 07:28 PM
Just installed this again and wanting a short course that can be fully setup.
Do I need to purchase the Associated SC10 4WD 3DS (http://www.vrcworld.com/eshop/component.aspx?id=1792) to do this?
I have already purchased the Intercept SCX10 4WD 3DS (http://www.vrcworld.com/eshop/component.aspx?id=1793) but some options are greyed out for setup?

Danny Harrison
12-11-2013, 07:35 PM
Just installed this again and wanting a short course that can be fully setup.
Do I need to purchase the Associated SC10 4WD 3DS (http://www.vrcworld.com/eshop/component.aspx?id=1792) to do this?
I have already purchased the Intercept SCX10 4WD 3DS (http://www.vrcworld.com/eshop/component.aspx?id=1793) but some options are greyed out for setup?

both intercept and associated mod chassis should have full chassis options. If you need a good set up I have mine saved on my PC. I can put it around rhein main in under 35 seconds. I'm less than a second off the fastest ever lap on their with it.

Dodgy Guy
12-11-2013, 07:37 PM
I'll send you a pm Danny.

smokes
21-11-2013, 01:09 PM
the recent update seem to make the trucks behave more releastic is it just me or have you all noticed it.

bridgey
02-12-2013, 09:34 AM
1/8th buggys to be realised on the 19th December

DAVO
03-12-2013, 03:17 PM
Would be much more popular if it was on xb1 and ps4 I hope I time they make it available for consoles

Danny Harrison
03-12-2013, 05:14 PM
1/8th buggys to be realised on the 19th December

Ye Im looking foreward to this, 1/10e buggies will surely follow :)

andy05
03-12-2013, 09:07 PM
Im not a VRC member as yet i like the look of this but my laptop needs a upgrade before i could play vrc. If i join and download now what happens when i get a new laptop? do you get additional downloads? How much is this full membership thats got 50% off? i cant see prices anywhere.

DynaMight
03-12-2013, 09:17 PM
To celebrate the 2013 holiday season and the release of our new 1:8 scale nitro buggy on December 18, we have a super special 'limited unlimited' offer for you at just Eur 149.95 (appr. $199), only the first 1000 members will be able to get this special deal only in December

€149.95 for a game! No thanks.

It is a good game, I enjoy practising on the free tracks but I cant see me ever paying €10 a month

Danny Harrison
03-12-2013, 11:49 PM
i think I'll just buy the buggy chassis and race free. Bit steep for me too.

Joe_K
04-12-2013, 10:01 AM
i think I'll just buy the buggy chassis and race free. Bit steep for me too.

Depends on how you look at it (the Unlimited package). It is a lot of money in one go - but the benefits are:

- No more subscription
- You get everything in the game (tracks, cars, accessories, motors, ESCs etc)
- You get everything in the game now and in the future

I go through phases with VRC, sometimes I play it all the time (many years ago - 2005!), sometimes I hardly play at all (got kids now), but I know I'll come back to it. So I bought it knowing I'll be back, and that long-term it makes sense, and will work out far cheaper than continually renewing my subscription every year or so.

Danny Harrison
04-12-2013, 10:29 AM
Depends on how you look at it (the Unlimited package). It is a lot of money in one go - but the benefits are:

- No more subscription
- You get everything in the game (tracks, cars, accessories, motors, ESCs etc)
- You get everything in the game now and in the future

I go through phases with VRC, sometimes I play it all the time (many years ago - 2005!), sometimes I hardly play at all (got kids now), but I know I'll come back to it. So I bought it knowing I'll be back, and that long-term it makes sense, and will work out far cheaper than continually renewing my subscription every year or so.

Your right, I just cant justify the lump so close to christmas :(

Darrin70
05-12-2013, 11:10 AM
I believe you still get all tracks cars etc with monthly subscriptions also.. When it is up it goes back to free to play with limitations..

racingben
26-12-2013, 11:24 PM
118th after my 3 attempts on the free 'worlds' race going on at the moment. Pretty lousy TBH.

Really like the game but wow it's difficult to see what the car's doing on that IRC track! Really struggle with the furthest corners but don't like the zoom in view as i want to see more of the track.

Danny Harrison
27-12-2013, 12:46 AM
118th after my 3 attempts on the free 'worlds' race going on at the moment. Pretty lousy TBH.

Really like the game but wow it's difficult to see what the car's doing on that IRC track! Really struggle with the furthest corners but don't like the zoom in view as i want to see more of the track.
there is a feature called velocity zoom. I found it really helps. Basically zooms in when car is further away and/or slow moving.

danmurphy
31-01-2014, 09:02 PM
[CENTER]
there is a feature called velocity zoom. I found it really helps. Basically zooms in when car is further away and/or slow moving.

I'll have to try that Danny.
Is anyone doing the short course series? I tried the nitro buggies but much prefer the electric classes. Think I need to invest in some better hardware, sick of the video card out of memory messages!

sala0669
11-02-2014, 09:14 PM
I only have the free membership plus a few extra tracks, bits and bobs. I regularly do the weekly SCT events and I'm often up in the top 25% of the club section. Shame I can't do the same with the "real" buggy, I'm usually in the bottom 25% of that. I must get better one day!

RogerM
12-02-2014, 08:09 AM
I still can't get the 1/8th buggies to handle ANYTHING like a real buggy, simply no rear stability AT ALL.

Thanks for everybody who has tried to help, begining to think there is something serious I am missing and / or that the game physics are hugely wide of the mark.

Currently considering it a waste of the £40 upgrade fee.

On another note last night was the first time in about 2 weeks I had chance to use VRC, started it up and it took about 12 mins checking and updating then told me it needed to restart the program and took another 10-12 mins. Is that normal? Seriously frustrating when I only get the occassional half hour slot to use it and I spend most of that waiting for it to load then the remainder with the buggy facing in the wrong direction due to a rear end seemingly not attached to the front!!!

danmurphy
12-02-2014, 09:23 AM
I still can't get the 1/8th buggies to handle ANYTHING like a real buggy, simply no rear stability AT ALL.

Thanks for everybody who has tried to help, begining to think there is something serious I am missing and / or that the game physics are hugely wide of the mark.

On another note last night was the first time in about 2 weeks I had chance to use VRC, started it up and it took about 12 mins checking and updating then told me it needed to restart the program and took another 10-12 mins. Is that normal? Seriously frustrating when I only get the occassional half hour slot to use it and I spend most of that waiting for it to load then the remainder with the buggy facing in the wrong direction due to a rear end seemingly not attached to the front!!!

I too just can't get on with the 1/8th nitro buggies. I'm hoping that the 1/10th electric buggys will be released in the near future and that there handling resembles closer to the SC trucks.

It does take a while to start up. I'm running on a laptop which is scraping the minimum requirements and it is frustrating sometimes with the staggered playback and reduced fps rate.
If I had the money I'd invest in some serious hardware to play it

Danny Harrison
12-02-2014, 10:11 AM

Pm me an email address and ill send you my buggy set up. its pretty dialled and easy to drive, even on the slippy tracks :thumbsup:

RogerM
12-02-2014, 12:36 PM
Thanks Danny, will definitely do that :thumbsup:

danmurphy
28-03-2014, 08:23 PM
Looks like the first of the UK tracks is near to completion on VRC...

http://www.vrcworld.com/series/serie.aspx?id=69

Loheswaran
18-09-2014, 11:06 PM
I essentially wanna get in some practice - full stop the end, and I don't want to keep spending cash. What is the best value for money VRC PRO package. I ask this coz I am getting back to my racing, and have used VRC to get my fingers dialled back in - I must say that the 1/12 carpet/pan cars are very realistic indeed

BTW - it is 1.8 nitro I want to try out -

danmurphy
19-09-2014, 08:01 AM
I essentially wanna get in some practice - full stop the end, and I don't want to keep spending cash. What is the best value for money VRC PRO package. I ask this coz I am getting back to my racing, and have used VRC to get my fingers dialled back in - I must say that the 1/12 carpet/pan cars are very realistic indeed

BTW - it is 1.8 nitro I want to try out -

If you can afford the initial layout, the lifetime subscription works out the cheapest if you continue to play for more than 12 months

http://www.vrcworld.com/eshop/product.aspx?90

You also need to add the buggy pack

http://www.vrcworld.com/eshop/product.aspx?101

And you will need the usb adapter if you don't already have one

http://www.vrcworld.com/eshop/product.aspx?48

If you also want to race the short course mod trucks you will need the off road expansion pack instead of the buggy pack.

Having said all this, if you can make do with SC electric trucks, you can race the 13.5t truck class for free. I tried the 1/8th buggys and I'm not getting to grips with the engine response, much prefer the electric off road.
You also get some tracks free so maybe check this option out before you pay the money. :thumbsup:

Joe_K
19-09-2014, 11:10 AM
If you can afford the initial layout, the lifetime subscription works out the cheapest if you continue to play for more than 12 months

http://www.vrcworld.com/eshop/product.aspx?90

You also need to add the buggy pack

http://www.vrcworld.com/eshop/product.aspx?101

I think actually if you buy the lifetime subscription, you don't need to buy the buggy pack as the subscription is essentially everything forever.

danmurphy
19-09-2014, 11:59 AM
I think actually if you buy the lifetime subscription, you don't need to buy the buggy pack as the subscription is essentially everything forever.

Yes, Joe I think you maybe correct, my mistake

Loheswaran
19-09-2014, 04:45 PM
In order to do 1/8 buggy's I cannot just get the buggy expansion pack then?

HOTSHOT III
21-09-2014, 05:12 AM
I only started doing VRC a few weeks ago and already i've noticed an improvement in my real life RC driving.

However on the larger tracks and when there are a lot of cars on the screen my frame rate drops to the point where it's not really enjoyable to play. Turning off the v-sync and reducing the anti aliasing seems to help but again it reduces the quality of the gameplay so I think maybe my PC needs upgrading to get the best out of it.

I'm a bit rubbish with computers and have no idea where to start with this, can someone help?:)

Loheswaran
21-09-2014, 08:35 PM
try disabling features on the game that are not essential to the gameplay

BazzerH
21-09-2014, 09:42 PM
I only started doing VRC a few weeks ago and already i've noticed an improvement in my real life RC driving.

However on the larger tracks and when there are a lot of cars on the screen my frame rate drops to the point where it's not really enjoyable to play. Turning off the v-sync and reducing the anti aliasing seems to help but again it reduces the quality of the gameplay so I think maybe my PC needs upgrading to get the best out of it.

I'm a bit rubbish with computers and have no idea where to start with this, can someone help?:)

you do need a half decent gaming pc to see this game at its best. If you've got a typical pc world family type pc then it just won't be anywhere near the level to get more than a few fps out of this game. I'm no pc buff but there's plenty of info out there regarding upgrades etc. You obviously need a new graphics card, maybe some more ram as well. If you post your pc set up ie motherboard, cpu, graphics card, ram then someone might be able to suggest a upgrade path.

Essex2Visuvesi
21-09-2014, 10:26 PM
Before messing with any settings close down any excess applications you may have open before starting the game.

If this doesn't help try the following:-

Remove or turn down antialiasing, this will really improve performance on a lower spec machine.
Turn down/off the anisotropic filtering
As others have said remove a few of the bells and whitsles, good ones to remove are:-
smoke and dust
cloud shadows

Finally if needs be drop the screen resolution down a notch or 2

Im running on a fully specced Macbook pro retina 15" via bootcamp but output the game to a 32" TV and find it much easier to drive with the big screen