PDA

View Full Version : Race Report

lazysurfer
22-01-2013, 07:13 PM
Well here goes for the first race report on or new club page…
Well a rather disappointing turn out last night for the new chairman’s first night tho I’m sure it was more down to the weather than to Nev being in charge!
Maybe it was down to subs being due tho those that came prepared to pay, me included were out of luck with no treasurer in attendance.
Only 12 racing, 7 TC & 5 Buggies, the low numbers resulting in a simple fast track setup with a single jump for the buggies (sorry Gary - more next week when you and Jim are back building)
Only 2 heats meaning 4 rounds and a 2 leg final at a fairly relaxed pace with even a dummy heat in to space out the first 3 rounds.
Richie ZXR put in his promised appearance with his son, hopefully to be on track in a week or so and even an appearance from Kevin Jones promising he is about to make a comeback - again - go on Kev, do it this time!

Hope to see more back on the track next week and hopefully I’ll have some new tyres, and a new servo saver which will make putting in a new servo worth doing.

RichieZXR
22-01-2013, 07:19 PM
Yes... Thanks to those who came and said hello to us....it Was like stepping back in time for me ! Ray does not look a day older ! I never got a chance to talk to Buckle, but he has not changed either.... Probably wont remember me either... Nobby's comment "I Dont know you?" Made me chuckle i keep forgetting i was twelve back then....mind he was barely recognisable too... All them steak dinners I reckon ;) Nathan's replacement bits and tyres arrived today so we are going to have a wonder down to Seaham on Sunday to have a try. Gives him a lead in for Monday I guess.

gar
22-01-2013, 07:30 PM
Well here goes for the first race report on or new club page…
Well a rather disappointing turn out last night for the new chairman’s first night tho I’m sure it was more down to the weather than to Nev being in charge!
Maybe it was down to subs being due tho those that came prepared to pay, me included were out of luck with no treasurer in attendance.
Only 12 racing, 7 TC & 5 Buggies, the low numbers resulting in a simple fast track setup with a single jump for the buggies (sorry Gary - more next week when you and Jim are back building)
Only 2 heats meaning 4 rounds and a 2 leg final at a fairly relaxed pace with even a dummy heat in to space out the first 3 rounds.
Richie ZXR put in his promised appearance with his son, hopefully to be on track in a week or so and even an appearance from Kevin Jones promising he is about to make a comeback - again - go on Kev, do it this time!

Hope to see more back on the track next week and hopefully I’ll have some new tyres, and a new servo saver which will make putting in a new servo worth doing.

Hi Mark

Had to much to do at work but will be back next week and get that track sorted out one jump one jump
:thumbdown::thumbdown: lol

Not a good turn out though where is everyone

See you all next week

Gary:D

lazysurfer
22-01-2013, 08:21 PM
Hi Mark

Had to much to do at work but will be back next week and get that track sorted out one jump one jump
:thumbdown::thumbdown: lol

Not a good turn out though where is everyone

See you all next week

Gary:D

Weather put some off I reckon. Zumba girls cancelled all-together. Guess there was lots of snow in some places :-(

richie.
22-01-2013, 09:09 PM
I would have been there if not for an anniversary, did wonder if it would be low turn out with the snow though......

lazysurfer
29-01-2013, 08:49 AM
Well a good turn out last night with 19 cars on track, 10 buggies and 10 TC’s split into 3 heats, all getting 4 rounds of quali and a final.
Good to see Richard and Richie back racing, and Richie and Nathan with Nathan racing this week, and Richard Ingram still running buggy.
So anyone out there called Richard or Richie, we’d love to have you along racing so we can start a new class, we only need 1 more!!
Gary and Jim shears returned to build the jumps so 3 jumps/rumbles for the buggies again last night with a rather unusual “crossing” between the buggy & TC circuits J

And thanks to Chris Heptonstall, an old racer from Longbenton for donating all his old gear to the club including 2 cars!!
With a little time and input we’ll get a car up and running fairly easy so people interested in the sport will have a car they can try for a few laps courtesy of the club J

Hopefully see good numbers again next week at “THE BEST TC & BUGGY CLUB IN THE NORTH”

gar
29-01-2013, 06:08 PM
Well a good turn out last night with 19 cars on track, 10 buggies and 10 TC’s split into 3 heats, all getting 4 rounds of quali and a final.
Good to see Richard and Richie back racing, and Richie and Nathan with Nathan racing this week, and Richard Ingram still running buggy.
So anyone out there called Richard or Richie, we’d love to have you along racing so we can start a new class, we only need 1 more!!
Gary and Jim shears returned to build the jumps so 3 jumps/rumbles for the buggies again last night with a rather unusual “crossing” between the buggy & TC circuits J

And thanks to Chris Heptonstall, an old racer from Longbenton for donating all his old gear to the club including 2 cars!!

With a little time and input we’ll get a car up and running fairly easy so people interested in the sport will have a car they can try for a few laps courtesy of the club J

Hopefully see good numbers again next week at “THE BEST TC & BUGGY CLUB IN THE NORTH”

Yes had a great night. Glad you liked the cross over section in the track thought we would try it and seemed to work fine.

I hope the numbers keep high like last night makes the club feel better.
And I made a full night without something braking on the car :D:D

See you all next week

Gary:D:D

FastWheels
29-01-2013, 06:11 PM
“THE BEST TC & BUGGY CLUB IN THE NORTH”

I'll second that ! :);)

lazysurfer
01-02-2013, 08:37 AM
Ok just a reminder, not that you should need one, to get charged and prep’d for racing on Monday night. See if we can gat back up to 20 cars on track - close last week with 19 tho there were a few drop outs during the night.

See you all Monday - I’m running a sweep on how many “buggy sections” Gary and Jim put out this week after their excellent track layout last week!
:drool:

gar
05-02-2013, 09:11 AM
Another good nights racing last night with 4 heats and three jumps must find space for more jumps lol

see you all next week

Gary :D:D

lazysurfer
05-02-2013, 08:09 PM
Well guys a good turn out again last night with 19 racing although at one point I did have 20 booked in as I’d put Shawn in both classes for some reason!
10 TC’s and 9 Buggies meaning 3 rounds of 4 heats and finals at a reasonably relaxed pace and a slightly early finish J
3 buggy sections thanks to Gary (Jim calling in sick this week - get well Jim).
Another first time driver on track was Sean Lancaster getting around very well for his first time ever racing!!
A couple of old faces from years back looking to maybe return to racing - yet another father and son tag team- nice to see you Dave & Ken, hope to see you on the track in the coming weeks
And finally after over 4 month I’ve managed to get my car sorted and handling properly again J

I’m looking forward to next week now for a change - see you all there.

lazysurfer
05-02-2013, 08:12 PM
Oh and just a reminder, membership is due :-(

TangerineDream
06-02-2013, 12:10 AM
I might be a bit late paying mine ;)

lazysurfer
08-02-2013, 08:36 AM
Well it’s that time of the week again to start thinking about getting things prepared for Monday’s racing.
19 racing the past 2 weeks, lets see if we can get 20 this week - what happened to the times when we had mid 20’s on a regular basis.
Those of you who haven’t been for a while, dig it out, dust it off and drag it down on Monday J

RichieZXR
08-02-2013, 12:50 PM
Me and Jnr should be there, I might have my lazer running if the bits come.... Vintage class anyone :D ?

lazysurfer
12-02-2013, 08:57 AM
A decent turn out last night with 17 cars on track, 11 TC’s and 6 buggies getting 4 quali and 2 finals each so 6 rounds of racing for everyone!!!
Another new face on the track was Michael joining the TC class.
While new drivers are always good to have so are old hands and we seem to be maintaining numbers but continually recruiting new drivers so where are all the old ones, Watson, Fairbairn, Davidsons, Ferris, Andersons, Campbell, Oldroyd, to name but a few that I haven’t completely given up hope on???

Would be good to see some of you guys back next week as well as the new drivers.

Also we were a bit short of Richie’s last night and could do with the others back next week please!

Cheers till Monday

lazysurfer
15-02-2013, 08:41 AM
Ok lads weekly appeal to you all to get along racing on Monday night. We got 6 races in last week !!!
A couple more of those missing in action turning up would be good - other faces we’ve been missing for a while are Dan Burrows & Nigel Hastie.
Where has everyone got to. We’re still getting decent numbers but with lots of new racers making up the numbers - a good thing but would be nice to see some old faces back too.

lazysurfer
19-02-2013, 08:33 AM
Well a decent turn out again with 19 drivers and 20 cars comprising 9 buggies and 12 TC’s. 6 rounds of racing in all, 4 quali and 2 leg finals meaning a smooth run to fit them all in.
Seems my naming and shaming has brought a few old faces back, good to see Gary Campbell, Ian Watson and Jonny Clark all making a welcome return - and all being competitive winning at least 1 round each.
Hopefully more of the same next week.
See you then

lazysurfer
22-02-2013, 08:38 AM
Well 20 cars on track last week so can we finally get back up to 20 drivers this week?
Hopefully have some more of the part timers back - Westy?-
A few more turning up closer to 7 than half past to help with track build to save Jim and Gary doing most of the work will easily get us racing by 7:30 again.
Which means if there’s only 3 heats, we get 4 rounds and a 2 leg final again.
That’s 6 rounds of racing for everyone!!!!!

See you all monday

lazysurfer
26-02-2013, 06:58 PM
Well we finally made it back up to 20 racers last night with 21 cars on the track. Surface seemed a bit slippy early on but picked up as the night progressed.
A 7:30 start to racing thanks to Jim and Gary leading track build as ever meant again, 4 quali and a 2 leg final for all heats comprising a 9 car TC heat and 2no 6 car Buggies. Even managed to get cleared up and out with 5 mins to spare, guess track builders, tidiers and race control must all be getting more efficient!!!
Couldn’t believe how many people were fighting to put stuff away J

Only the downside was the absence of our illustrious chairman from the finals which he claims was due to a broken car - tho I’m sure he dismantled it purposely as he qualified for the B final ;-)

Back to the TC next week then Nev?

I won’t make next week - another boarding trip but racing will be on as usual with either Westy, Scowen or Nev running race control so have a good meet and I’ll see you all when I get back.

lazysurfer
01-03-2013, 08:50 AM
Ok the weekly reminder to everyone to prep your car and charge your batteries for Monday night racing. Martin and Adam Purvis in particular who apparently haven’t been due to forgetting to charge before Monday!!!!
Well Martin you’re added to the email now so that’s not an excuse anymore :p
Not sure who’s running race control this week, Westy, Scowne or Nigel as I won’t be there but I’m sure it’ll run as smooth as if not smoother than usual!
Hopefully 6 rounds of racing for everyone as usual - 4 quali and a 2 leg final at the best buggy & TC club in the North East :D
And as far as I'm aware thats the most races you're going to get in one night anywhere in the north east :woot:
Have a good nights racing and I’ll see you all when I get back ;)

gar
01-03-2013, 08:10 PM
I'm sure it will run fine mark.;)

Have a great HOLIDAY

gar:D:D

lazysurfer
12-03-2013, 08:46 AM
Well I may be back but my car certainly wasn’t - yet more rebuilding for next week I guess!
Anyway numbers creeping up again which is good to see with 22 racing last night, 7 buggies and 15 TC’s again all getting 4 quali and a 2 leg final meaning 6 races for all J
Good to have Martin and Adam back on the track too now that they have no excuse for forgetting, Adam driving really well and wasn’t too far behind his dad, couple of more weeks Martin………!
And on the subject of driving standards there seemed to be some “questionable” driving AND marshalling last night in ALL heats with quite a few people commenting on it.
Though happily that’s not really my problem any more - just thought I’d mention it J
Hopefully we’ll have Mark Fairbairn back on track next week as well after popping in for a social visit.

See you all next week - and please play nicely :thumbsup:

nobby
12-03-2013, 10:41 AM
I think the problem is some peoples ambition outweighs there talent.
Is it stockcar racing at tynemet now?
Suits me:thumbsup:

richie.
12-03-2013, 10:43 AM
Good to see numbers up we should be back soon. weve been away as the next generation richie has just entered the world. I think he will be a racer as he arrived 4pm last Monday which coincides with preparation time before the club meet ;)

nobby
12-03-2013, 10:48 AM
Good to see numbers up we should be back soon. weve been away as the next generation richie has just entered the world. I think he will be a racer as he arrived 4pm last Monday which coincides with preparation time before the club meet ;)

Congratulations richie.

lazysurfer
13-03-2013, 08:51 AM
Congratulations, should I book him in for next week?:o

Ray Mac
13-03-2013, 01:24 PM
Congratulations, I hope all are well, and no problems.
Best wishes to all your family.

Couldn't be a better reason for not being to the club.

See you both soon Ray

richie.
14-03-2013, 11:22 PM
Thanks gents! As for booking in I'd give him a couple of weeks to build a kit first mark ;)

lazysurfer
15-03-2013, 08:43 AM
Ok guys your weekly reminder, for Martin in particular to charge some batteries for Mondays racing.
Hopefully another busy night ahead with lots of good close racing and maybe even a slight improvement in driving and marshalling standards:bored:
Play nicely children :)

TangerineDream
16-03-2013, 01:32 AM
Ok guys your weekly reminder, for Martin in particular to charge some batteries for Mondays racing.
Hopefully another busy night ahead with lots of good close racing and maybe even a slight improvement in driving and marshalling standards:bored:
Play nicely children :)

I suppose I'll have to come and kick your ass in a few weeks then ;)

lazysurfer
19-03-2013, 08:51 AM
A good turn out topping 20 racers again with 12 TC & 8 Buggies. Couple of new faces, Declain and Dave tho I hear Declain has raced a week or two back when I was away boarding. Good to have you on the track guys.
Another night of 4 quali and 2 finals meaning 6 races for everyone which seems to have become the norn with not too much of a rush to do it - we’re getting good J
Some good close and it has to be said, very clean racing last night compared to last week. Unfortunately a couple of problems meant loosing a few cars over the night but otherwise a good nights racing was had by all, me in particular since my car went well for the first time in months.
Think the only guy who had a bad night was the dick from the Gym effing on about common sense and threatening to torch cars cos he was blocked in. Well common sense would suggest that someone going to the gym to keep fit wouldn’t be too lazy to walk 100 yards from the car park to me, leaving room those less fit and somewhat older of us carrying heavy gear to park at the door!

Hopefully see you all again next week - BTW anyone know where Kieran has disappeared to??

lazysurfer
22-03-2013, 08:41 AM
Reminder time so fix your cars, charge your cells and get to Phills or ring Gary if you need any tyres.
There’s a rumour we may be joined by a mag reviewer this coming Monday testing a new TC at our club so best behaviour please and the club might even get a plug in the mag

See you all Monday at the North’s best and smoothest running Buggy & TC venue for another 6 rounds of racing - unless numbers get so high we need 4 heats!

RichieZXR
25-03-2013, 05:16 PM
I will be there running buggy unfortunately it will be on mini spikes but hey ho..

TP 7752604

Nathan also racing buggy TP7319846

Liam Fletcher also racing buggy, first time anywhere tonight no TP

lazysurfer
26-03-2013, 08:47 AM
Well a good nights racing was had by 23 of us last night, 11 buggies and 12 TC’s meaning we had to split into 4 heats. Despite this we all still managed to fit in 4 quali and a final. That’s track set-up, 20 races and cleared up in out 3 hour slot - pretty impressive - certainly a new record but one I have no intention of ever trying to beat before anyone complains about the pace of the night.
To be fair, I think everyone is now used to how quickly we turn around between heats as I haven’t heard anyone complain for a log time?
Nice to have Harry back after a long time and pretty much on the pace and Richie and Nathan back from Seaham, especially when you bring a first time racer with you - hope to see you back with Liam in a couple of weeks.
One person who didn’t show was the magazine reviewer with his test car, nevermind, no-one special, it was only Phil “the hobbit” McMahon. Next time wee man?

Don’t forget no racing on Easter Monday - we never race bank hols so see you all again in 2 weeks time at the best (and smoothest running!) TC and buggy club in the North East

Also just worth mentioning, the lads who were playing with the Nitro car outside on the grass - please don’t if you’re reading this or know who they were. We have a very good relationship with the college and don’t want it spoilt. I know they weren’t club members and I did mention it to the lad on duty last night.
Anyone is more than welcome to come along and watch us or bring an elec car and race with us so hopefully we’ll see you on the track in the future but please - no IC’s or electrics even outside the hall.

Cheers

lazysurfer
28-03-2013, 08:41 AM
Ok just a reminder that as it’s bank holiday this coming Monday we won’t be racing.
So no matter how much you enjoyed last week, don’t go turning up and expecting to have a great night - you won’t, you’ll only get laughed at :p
Back on as usual on the 8th

lazysurfer
05-04-2013, 07:29 AM
Racing is back on as usual this Monday so get your cars ready and batteries charged for another night of thrills and spills at the North East’s best club for buggies and TC’s

lazysurfer
10-04-2013, 07:46 AM
Ok lads quick report this week as I’m a bit busy here!

A bit quiet with only 17 racing, 2 TC and 1 buggy heat, which I’m putting down to still being school hols, a few with kids were missing.
Also at 7:10 pm I thought we were going to have a single heat as there were only a handful of racers had arrived. Just a reminder to you all, racing starts at 7:30 however doors open at 7:00. During this 30 mins the track has to be built, it doesn’t build its self and with the shears missing there ended up no jumps for the buggies - mainly because no buggy lads turned up early enough.
If you can get there for 7 please do so and help with set up. I know some genuinely cant but I also know some can who don’t!!!!
If the usual handful of track builders don’t arrive one week we’ll miss a round as the track will be 15 mins late getting built due to the majority being 15 mins late arriving to help L
Rant over - it’s the first for a while!
Also just another call for anyone who is reading this and wants added to the email list, PM me your email:)

gar
10-04-2013, 03:10 PM
Hi Mark

will be back this monday so jumps will be back on the menu lol

Gar:D:D:D

lazysurfer
12-04-2013, 07:47 AM
Well its reminder time again - remember you should be racing on Monday so remember to fix anything that’s broken and charge anything that’s flat.
Hopefully we’ll have a few more than last week racing and a few more completing the nights racing!
Another couple of reminders - remember doors open at 7pm and the track doesn’t build it’s self, please get there to help if you can, Oh and don’t park on the grass!!

lazysurfer
16-04-2013, 07:36 AM
Well 20 racing last night meaning 4 heats again with 4 Q and 1 F for everyone tho not all 20 finished the night - my woes continuing shredding a drive belt in Q2.
As if that wasn’t bad enough after just managing to replace it for the final it seems the motor or speedo has gone as well.
Shame as I’d finally seemed to sort the handling problems that have been dragging on for one reason or another for what seems like forever!
Hopefully I can sort it for next week - see you then

lazysurfer
19-04-2013, 07:39 AM
Well gents, time to charge and prep for Monday. Lets see if I can get more than 7 minutes racing this week.
Belt replaced, spur replaced, seized spur bearing replaced - not 100% sure it didn’t cause me a problem with the motor/speedo tho :(
We’ll see on Monday I guess.

See you there

lazysurfer
23-04-2013, 07:56 AM
Well the norths best TC & Buggy club was missing the norths best track builders again last night with no Shears meaning only 3 buggies and no jumps L
Still managed 16 racers tho - so your own maths - getting in 4 quali and 2 leg finals as usual. Some very close racing, too close on a few occasions made for a goods nights racing with some very good close driving - marshalling however was another matter!!.
Well done to Trev on making the A final and Adam on being within 2 seconds of being on the same lap as his dad!!!

Still no signs of the Hobbit to do his review???

On a personal note my car seemed to be on rails again finally but more than my fair share of racing incidents and getting caught up in other peoples crashes, combined with the resulting over-driving to try to catch back up resulted in pretty poor results over the night culminating in me giving up on the second final - by the time I loose almost a lap waiting for a marshal then have to walk to the middle of the tack to marshal my own car there’s not really much point continuing with the race!!
Hopefully I’ll have a bit more luck next week

Oh and just to add that the buggy final in which Boblet decide to rin his tc against Buckles buggy was awesome to watch!!!!!!! Unbeleivable how close a buggy and TC are matched on a wooden floor - absolutely brilliant!!!

lazysurfer
30-04-2013, 07:39 AM
Well 19 cars on track last night, 12 TC and 7 buggies getting 6 races each.
Nice to see Phil McMahon finally back racing to do a mag review, hopefully it wasn’t a one off and will tempt him back properly.
No Shears again, that’s 3 weeks out of 4 you’ve missed lads, was it something I said?
Also where has Nigel Hastie disappeared to???
Don’t forget no racing next Monday due to the bank holiday and unfortunately I’ll be missing the week after tho I’m sure it’ll run fine without me as it usually does

gar
03-05-2013, 04:19 PM
Well 19 cars on track last night, 12 TC and 7 buggies getting 6 races each.
Nice to see Phil McMahon finally back racing to do a mag review, hopefully it wasn’t a one off and will tempt him back properly.
No Shears again, that’s 3 weeks out of 4 you’ve missed lads, was it something I said?
Also where has Nigel Hastie disappeared to???
Don’t forget no racing next Monday due to the bank holiday and unfortunately I’ll be missing the week after tho I’m sure it’ll run fine without me as it usually does

Hi Mark

Will be back at some point but at the moment having more fun with heli flying than cars and both cost money to run and at the moment the aircraft is
in top spot.

back soon Gary :D:D

lazysurfer
09-05-2013, 07:42 AM
Hi Mark

Will be back at some point but at the moment having more fun with heli flying than cars and both cost money to run and at the moment the aircraft is
in top spot.

back soon Gary :D:D
See you when the weather is crap then - probably the summer;)

lazysurfer
10-05-2013, 07:37 AM
Don’t forget racing is back on this coming Monday13th. Unfortunately I won’t be there as I agreed to go to a gig with a mate and he got the tickets before I realised it was a Monday but I’m sure the meeting will run as smooth as ever with Westy, Scowen, Hindson or Nev on race control

Have fun and I’ll be back next week

Cheers

lazysurfer
17-05-2013, 07:44 AM
Ok lads an appeal for you all to get off your lazy backsides and get along racing this coming Monday.
I know I wasn’t there last week but didn’t realise so many of you only came along to enjoy my company. Only 11 racing last week was a pretty poor turn out and considering we need 15 to break even, a bit of a worry.
I guess the moral of this is that next time I’m not racing, not to tell you all in advance that you won’t have the pleasure of my company, that way maybe less will decide not to show.
So come on, make an effort to race on a Monday otherwise you may end up not having a club to race at.
See you on Monday?

lazysurfer
21-05-2013, 07:31 AM
Well a better turn out this week with 15 racing meaning at least enough to cover the cost of the hall.
Nice to see Colin Oldroyd back after a long while away. Nice to have my car absolutely flying again - just a shame that after missing 2 weeks I seem to have forgotten how to drive and my thumbs couldn’t keep up with it.
Also - please be in your marshal position by the START of the race, not the third lap - especially when there are only a very limited number for marshals for a heat!!!
Don’t forget, no racing next week due to the bank hol so see you al again in two weeks J

lazysurfer
04-06-2013, 07:52 AM
Well another quiet night last night probably not helped by the fantastic weather. 12 racing over 3, 4 car heats, 2 TC heats and a Richie heat which we put westy into to make up the 4!

Some good close racing despite the low numbers with 4 quali and a 2 leg final for everyone.

Hopefully next Monday’s weather will be awful so numbers will be back up again.

See you then

lazysurfer
07-06-2013, 07:36 AM
Well lads, just checked Monday’s weather forecast and apparently around 7pm its going to be tipping it down with rain, blowing a gale and only 3 degrees.

So you may as well all come racing then………..

lazysurfer
11-06-2013, 07:46 AM
Well 15 racers wasn’t bad last night considering the weather giving us 3 heats of 5, 2TC & 1 buggy.
A lot of very close racing in all heats made for a good night.
And a quick mention for young Adam - excellent driving earned him a place in the A final at the expense of some more established drivers - more of the same next week Adam, see if you can beat your dad J

lazysurfer
19-06-2013, 07:51 AM
Well a good night racing on Monday tho with only 14 cars on track - bloody sunny weather L Plenty of grip tho!!!
We ran 2 TC heats and a 4 car Johnson/Richie heat with 3 Johnsons and 3 Richie’s out if 4 drivers!
Good close racing over 4 quali rounds and 2 leg finals meaning 6 races for everyone as usual.
Hopefully we’ll have more racing next week - 15 drivers to break even remember so pray for rain on mondays
Oh and for those of you who like to watch the Zumba girls you’d better get along as next week is their last week ever.
Mark

lazysurfer
21-06-2013, 07:53 AM
Ok lads weekly reminder time to get your lazy butt’s along to racing on Monday - don’t forget it’s your last chance to watch the Zumba girls!

14 last week wasn’t a good turn out but despite this we had some good close racing with plenty of grip. So you part timers and those AWOL with no good reason, dust your cars off and get there for 7 to help with setup.

See you there.

lazysurfer
25-06-2013, 07:44 AM
Well a quiet night again with only 13 club racers to we were joined later by a potential new member who had dusted off some vintage gear - RC10???
Some 2WD buggy anyway which he managed to get round the track surprisingly well worrying some of the 4WD lads! Hope to see you back soon Barry J

Numbers resulted in only 1 buggy and 1 TC heat but with the floor providing plenty of grip again, some very close racing, especially the TC final with Nev racing Hindsons TC, me on totally shot tyres and Martin Purvis racing Adam’s car (so he claims - I still think it was Adam!)

Anyway, hopefully see a few more next week - and don’t forget, doors open at 7PM!! http://www.oople.com/forums/images/icons/icon12.gif
Mark

lazysurfer
02-07-2013, 07:47 AM
Well the nice weather, summer holidays and regionals continue to affect driver numbers with only 11 racing last night. Barry has promised to join us next week after competing in a round with my TC last night fairly convincingly J however having ordered a B44.2 he will be joining the dark side.
From loads of grip the past 2 weeks last night was pretty poor mainly due to the gymnasts having kindly left a patch of chalk dust on the floor.
Still some very close racing again, particularly in the TC’s with two cars going door to door almost half a lap at one point.
The positive side of low numbers meant SEVEN rounds of racing for everyone last night, 4 quali and a THREE leg final. That’s more racing for your £5 race fee than any where else I know of!

Come on you part timers, get yourselves along and do some racing next Monday. The club needs drivers to keep running in the summer or there may be no club in the winter!!!

lazysurfer
05-07-2013, 07:50 AM
Raging IS on again as usual this coming monday, and as usual it would be good to have as many as possible turn up and race.:)

Steven Forster
05-07-2013, 02:16 PM
If im not busy on monday night, i will make it for a race night ;)

lazysurfer
08-07-2013, 07:39 AM
Hope to see you there tonight then Steve - I paid a visit to Barley Mow last night for some carpet racing for a change - takes a while to get your thumbs tuned after 12 month on wood - finished a distant second :thumbdown:

Steven Forster
08-07-2013, 04:26 PM
Anybody got a spare saddle pack balance lead that i can buy ???

Like this one in the link........

http://www.jemodels.com/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/Etronix_Balance__513e07db31c51.jpg

cheers

lazysurfer
09-07-2013, 07:47 AM
Too Quiet - Is all I can say about racing at the moment. Pretty much given up hope of getting any decent numbers until after the summer now with only 11 racing last night.
Good weather and regionals still playing havoc with numbers!
A couple of possible new members turned up with Bill joining the buggies with a 1/8 scale and David coming down for a look.
Hopefully Barry will have his car running for next week after joining us for a third consecutive week still without a car to race. I wish some others were as keen!
Nice to see Stevie Forster back for the first time in a long while J

Hopefully more next week but I won’t hold my breath.

lazysurfer
16-07-2013, 07:41 AM
Well last night was quiet as seems to be the norm at this time of year with only 10 racing, 6 buggies, 3 TC’s and Scowen with his 1/12th truggy or whatever it is J

Better than I was expecting at 2 mins past 7 when I was the only one there.

Barry finally made it racing last night now he has a car. After 3 weeks coming along only to help out and watch, turning up in a taxi last night as his driving license has ran out………..that’s the kind of dedication we need from you lot.

I really must do some work on my car for next week when hopefully we won’t have dropped any more numbers.
:mad:

lazysurfer
19-07-2013, 07:39 AM
Well given that it’s the Teesside Regional at Preston Park this weekend I’m expecting a few to use that as an excuse to not show on Monday but racing is still on as usual so see those hardcore of you there J

lazysurfer
23-07-2013, 07:48 AM
Eleven seems to be a popular number - 8 TC’s and 3 buggies last night. Hopefully with the summer over (by the looks of the weather today) and the local regionals out of the way we’ll pick up numbers a bit going forward.
Nice to see Peter Anderson showing up last night with Matthew for the first time in a long while tho not to race unfortunately, just to put Matthew’s transponder up for grabs.
At least he’s not selling up and still promising to come back at some point.
Some interesting racing last night, especially a couple of corner after someone lost some shock oil on the track late on!!!!
Anyway as the subject box says there’s NO RACING next week due to some maintenance on the hall floor - which was planned and isn’t down to the shock oil you’ll be pleased to know J

richie.
23-07-2013, 01:14 PM
Is this transponder still available mate?

lazysurfer
24-07-2013, 07:38 AM
Yes Richie. I tond Peter to bring it in 2 weeks anyway and the club would buy it as they're always in demand and failing that, a loan one wouldnt go amiss.

richie.
26-07-2013, 05:04 PM
Ok cheers mark sick of the did not starts!

lazysurfer
06-08-2013, 07:45 AM
Well another really quiet night last night, possibly not helped by reports of flooded roads and certainly not helped by another regional at the weekend. A shame there weren't a few more TC's to give barry a bit more competition since he's goene out and bought a TC6 which after a few tweaks seemed to go really well.
I really hope there are more racers start turning up, we have a cracking venue and should be making more of it:(

lazysurfer
13-08-2013, 07:37 AM
Well a much better night last night with 3 heats all getting 6 races - 14 cars in total and 2 non racers. Marc - just come along at whatever time you can get and Martin, put your servo in and see you there next week on track.

Only 2 finals after a few casualties unfortunately but much better than the previous weeks turn out, thanks to all who turned up - maybe the threats worked ;-P

With regionals finished and the weather turning a bit, hopefully we can look forward to getting busy again?

lazysurfer
20-08-2013, 07:31 AM
Well nice to see people coming back racing, 14 again last night with Marc Fairburrn back after a long break and Mel bringing a new racer in Jason Kane but unfortunately not bringing his own car!

Get yourself on track in 2 weeks Mel and bring Kev back as well.

So 3 heats, 2 TC & 1 Buggy getting 4 quali and 2 finals each with some VERY close racing at the quick end of the grid J

Don’t forget no racing next week as its Bank Hol which gives you all 2 weeks to carry out any repairs.

Also Peter Anderson - are your still looking to sell that Transponder, Richie is very keen to take it off your hands.

See you all in 2 weeks

lazysurfer
30-08-2013, 07:44 AM
Just to remind you all that there are no Bank Holiday Monday’s next week so racing IS back on as usual. Also no regionals and as the kids should be back to school you shouldn’t be on holiday so if you’re not going racing on Monday, you’ll need to think of a different excuse - and it had better be a good one - like a note from your Mum or something!!!! :blush:

Mr Scownen may just about be allowed a week off as he recently became a Daddy - Congrats Andy - only the one week tho :p

See you all Monday

lazysurfer
03-09-2013, 07:51 AM
Well we had 16 racers last night, an even split meaning 2 busy heats. Again 4 rounds of Q and a 2 leg final meaning 6 races for your £5 race fee.
Some very close racing at the top end of the TC class again between Tractite Hindson and Red Mist Johnson which unfortunately was a bit above my car’s capabilities last night - how does it do it - on rails one week and half a second off the pace the next with no way to get power down out of corners!

Couple of new racers last night with Mel bringing along his grandson Ryan and Jason Kane, doing his first full nights racing.

Good to see Shawn Wilkinson back and a visit from Greg Williams setting the pace for the buggies as usual.

Would be good th have the Shears and Davidsons back sometime soon too, and CamPbell?

Hope to see you all back again next week.

lazysurfer
06-09-2013, 07:57 AM
Well guys yesterday was a lovely summer morning whereas this morning I was nearly drowned walking the dogs.
Winter seems to have arrived so hopefully we’ll get some of the summer sailing/flying deserters back racing.
See you all Monday night - and don’t forget, there’s no one in the hall before us so if you can get there early to help with set up please do so - Mr Hindson!!!!

lazysurfer
10-09-2013, 07:54 AM
Well a cracking night last night with numbers picking up again for the best nights racing and best turn out in a long time. Back up to 18 racing, a 5 and 4 car buggy heat and a rather busy but surprisingly well behaved NINE car TC heat with the top 5 TC’s all in with a shout of a win in some of the closest racing we’ve seen in ages J

Both Greg and Natalie Williams giving the usual TC lads a hard time this week and even Mike “Santa” West putting in an appearance.

Maybe we’ll make it back up to 20 racers sometime soon

See you all again next week.
:thumbsup:

lazysurfer
17-09-2013, 07:54 AM
Another decent turnout with 16 racing last night - 2 heats of 8 meaning we managed 4 quali and a 3 leg final. That’s 7 rounds of racing for you £5 at not too frantic a pace.
We even had 5 mins between rounds!

Mike Santa West managing consecutive weeks racing was a nice surprise with even Greg managing 3 consecutive weeks!

Martin and Nathan turned up and promised to get along WITH cars soon since the dark nights are coming back - and no Martin, we start at 7 - first race 7-30, not 6 for 6-30 o even less excuses for not racing!

Again some very close racing between lots of evenly matched racers on some rather worn rubber.

And just as a note - Tractite is banned. It was anyway but some little cheat has been using it and from last nights results we reckon it’s worth 0.7 seconds a lap.
So it has been confiscated and will only be returned when he grows taller than 5’2” J

Hopefully see you all again next week

lazysurfer
01-10-2013, 07:58 AM
14 racing last night - still not as many as I’d like or expect for this time of year now the dark nights are coming back and weather changing.
2 heats of 8 TC and 6 Buggies with even Buc making an appearance in the buggies (there you go Buc - a mention J)
7 races for everyone again with 4 quali and 3 leg final - the most races per £ in the north east J

And just a quick heads up for the track builders - of which I’m not one before you all remind me. In future can we keep the track well forward of the rostrum, say clear of the black line on the floor. The reason being, and I wasn’t the only one so I’m not making an excuse for a poor second half of the night, that to take the fastest line through one corner meant running it wide as close to the opposite end of the rostrum to which I was standing. The problem with this being that I couldn’t actually see the racing line due to the other racers on the rostrum.

Just something to bear in mind in future

Cheers

See you next week

lazysurfer
08-10-2013, 07:40 AM
14 racing last night with 9 TC split into 2 heats and 5 buggies - all getting 4 rounds and a 2 leg final.

TC’s were mixed ability quali due to the high number of racers all capable of winning an A final tho the difference in abilities overall was not enough to worry.
A point proved by no less than FIVE different drivers either setting FTQ at some point or winning one round of the finals!

It’d still be good to see more racing on a regular basis and one point that’s a bit frustrating is some drivers preferring to travel elsewhere to race rather than race at their local club without at least letting us know what the issues are???

Anyway, see you all again next week for some more fast and furious action J

Box760
09-10-2013, 11:05 PM
Hi I'm new to this what sort of cars can you race my son and his mate are just starting to get into it and are looking for clubs is there many places they can take them in the north east they have trucks and buggies at the moment.

AfroP
10-10-2013, 06:38 AM
Hi I'm new to this what sort of cars can you race my son and his mate are just starting to get into it and are looking for clubs is there many places they can take them in the north east they have trucks and buggies at the moment.

Theres a few places in the north east.

Obviously first is tyne met who run mostly touring cars but do accomodate the 1/10 buggies as well by running heats fir them on a monday night.

Next is benfield. Who run on a friday night and run mostly buggies

And finally on a sunday night is seaham/neam they run buggies both 2 and 4wd from 17:45 - 22:00

Get yourselves down to the closest one for you and take a look at the action. Speak to the guys

Sadly i dont think anywhere in the north east runs trucks but if you turned up with them it may encourage others to get one and give you a race.

lazysurfer
22-10-2013, 07:54 AM
Last nights racing was 2 TC heats and one buggy heat.
I’ve been racing for just short of 20 year now and cant believe how close the TC class is at the moment, the top 5 cars posting fastest laps within 0.2 of a second of each other and at one point towards the end of the A final, the top 5 were separated by less than 2 seconds!!!
Absolutely cracking racing last night, maybe helped a little by Barry’s idea to not have a full length straight which reduced Hindson’s usual straight line advantage.
Missing a few regulars again, Gary, Ray and the Richies. Hope your finger is ok Rich and it hasn’t put you off coming back? L

Still wondering where the rest of you are, seriously you can’t all prefer Coronation Street and Eastenders on a Monday to racing over the winter???

Looking forward to some more of the same next week with hopefully a few more drivers.

Cheers

lazysurfer
22-10-2013, 07:59 AM

Pop along to any of the clubs for a look and chat (unfortunately cant offer coffe!), really depends which night suits you - hopefully Monday for us :-)

We run both TC's and Buggy heats of all abilities.

So long as they're 1/10th scale and electric, we'll fit them in to race at Tynemet -Monday's 7-10pm at Tynemet College

Cheers

Mark

lazysurfer
29-10-2013, 08:41 AM
2 heats last night, one for buggies and one for TC with good numbers in each -we still want more of you coming along to race tho…..
5 rounds of Quali and a 2 leg final
Good to have Richie Fingers Johnson back after his altercation with a car the other week with his finger still in one piece - tho just after 4 stitches
A couple of visitors last night, Snowball from Notingham for what is probably just a one off visit and Liam Fletcher who raced with us at Longbenton many moons ago paying us a visit - hopefully Liam will make it a regular thing, especially once he gets his TC up and running.
No Ray again, getting worried Old Man, where are you, everything ok I hope?

Racing back on as ever next Monday so you know where you should be J

lazysurfer
12-11-2013, 08:59 AM
Well a good nights racing last night with grip levels up significantly following a quick clean of the track by Hindson and TyneMet having turned the heating up a little following us mentioning it was getting a little chilly the previous week.
5 quali and a final for TC’s and Buggies on a nice flowing track from our new no1 track designer Screaming Lynch who is coming up with some very good designs at the moment.
Craig Corson, our Scottish annual racer joined us for his yearly visit and no less than 4 potential new members coming along to have a look, all of who have raced before at some point so hopefully see all of you back soon with a car up and running.

Looking forward to next week when new rubber will hopefully put me a bit more on the pace J

lazysurfer
19-11-2013, 08:41 AM
Another good nights racing last night with plenty of grip - out new regime of a quick floor spray and wipe seems to be having a huge difference on the racing line J
A little more spread between the TC’s last night mainly down to a very power and top end orientated track layout but some particularly close racing in the buggy heat between Richie Junior Johnson and Trev making for entertaining watching.
Another visit from Colin Bryden still hoping to be back racing soon - maybe next week thanks to an offer of help from Trev and also a visit from Peter and Matthew Anderson, initially to sell Matthews transponder but now both threatening to come back racing next week.
That’s hopefully five returning racers to add to our numbers in the next few weeks if they do all make a return - fingers crossed.

See you all next week

Oh and just a heads up - no racing 23rd and 30th December due to the xmas break.

lazysurfer
26-11-2013, 08:54 AM
Well a surprisingly good turnout last night considering Benfield Winter Series ran the previous day. Full heats in both classes getting in some good racing with good grip levels as the floor cleaned up, a couple of buggy lads even running 2WD for a couple of rounds. Some tough racing between Nev and Barry over a couple of rounds of the TC’s and some (too) close rounds between Hindson and me with me coming off second best at the slightest contact every time!!! L
4 rounds and 2 leg final for everyone, 3 leg for those that wanted to get in the extra race with one or two sitting out the last one.

No signs of the Andersons as promised, maybe next week tho Liam Fletcher is hoping to make it a regular racing night whenever he can to give the regular buggy lads some more competition.

Nice to have good numbers, close competition with both classes running full heats again, long may it continue.

See you all again next week J

lazysurfer
25-02-2014, 08:56 AM
What a fantastic nights racing last night at TyneMet, the best in a while.
3 heats, 2 busy TC and an even busier buggy heat with no less than 5 first time racers for the club, Dave Wright, and Paul & Josh finally making it onto track and Chris and Lee joining us - all the way from Peterlee I hear. Hope you all had a good nights racing lads and we didin’t disappoint. More important, hope to see you all back again regularly J
Good to see Harry back again too, don’t leave it so long between visits, and a passing visit by Ray, hopefully back soon.
And those watching, PC, and the remainder of the Wright clan, get yourselves on the track!!!!!!!!!!

As well as our biggest turn out of “new” racers for some time it was also the closest racing for a long time, the 2 mixed ability TC heats proving very close up front hopefully providing some good watching as well as racing! Even closer in the TC final with all the cars into a single 2 leg final

On another note, at 19:05 last night, had it not been for the “new” lads, their friends watching and the returning Harry, I’d have been the only one in the hall!!!
Come on guys, try to get there for setting the track up if you can please.

Also anyone know where certain people have disappeared to, Mel, Kev, Adam & Martin????

Hopefully see you all again next week for more of the same.

paulainscow
25-02-2014, 10:00 AM
Thanks all for being so welcoming, and excusing my poor driving! First time back on track in ten years, and it felt good, even if hard to control the car

Looking forward to being back next week!

lazysurfer
04-03-2014, 08:52 AM
Well another busy night last night with 2 TC heats and 1 Buggy heat again, everyone getting 6 rounds of racing (4 Quali 2 leg Final)
Nice to have Ray back on track and to see Trev giving the top TC lads some hassle!

Same again next week.

lazysurfer
18-03-2014, 08:40 AM
Well 6 rounds including a 2 leg final last night for everyone. An absolute nightmare for me thanks to printer, laptop, AMB and car problems tho everyone else seemed to have a good night blissfully unaware of the IT problems J

Thanks to Ian for running race control last week when I was away - after last nights hassle I may let you do it full time!!!

Hopefully see you all again next week for a smoother night - well for me anyway

lazysurfer
13-05-2014, 07:49 AM
Well not the best of turnouts last night but I can honestly say that I seen the best racing over the highest number of laps I’ve EVER seen between Hinsdon and Screamer - passing and re passing each other on pretty much every corner at one point - the only time they stopped overtaking was when they were running side by side for consecutive corners. I’m sure everyone else watching was as impressed as me!

Anyway, that was the last week of the spring series tho I’m not sure who actually won, tho I know it certainly wasn’t me (the new car was better last night but still poor)

Thanks to Ian for running race control again while I try to fettle my car.

Hopefully see some more drivers there again next week as we were missing a few of our most consistent racers for some more door to door racing.

lazysurfer
03-06-2014, 07:43 AM
Well full heats in both classes last night getting 4 rounds quali and 2 leg finals each in a very smoothly run night so thanks to Ian for standing in on race control again while I try to sort out this pile of $4!7£ car. Ebay for it soon!

Incidentally we started the first race a bit late last night mainly due to people drifting in later and later every week so getting the track set up later and later every week.

When we miss a race one week due to running out of time……………you’ll all know why!

lazysurfer
10-06-2014, 07:54 AM
A few regulars missing again last night but 4 quali and 2 leg finals as usual for everyone who was there, also a bit of an earlier start thanks to a couple more people getting there early to help with setting up the track.
Cheers lads.

Till next week J

lazysurfer
24-06-2014, 07:52 AM
Well it was nice to be back up to good numbers of racers last night after last weeks worry - only possibly 2 of our regular hardcore drivers missing last night which us not unusual for this time of year so a good nights racing as usual - other than me as usual. Last night was the last night for the TC6 though, the Losi will be out of retirement next week J so see you all again next Monday.

Also worth mentioning…..a lot of you seemed to be there a little earlier than usual last night - keep it up ;-)

lazysurfer
01-07-2014, 07:55 AM
Well another good turn out last night with Westy paying his bi-annual visit and a passing visit from Old Man Ray tho sadly with no intentions of returning to racing and Marc Fairbairn also stopping in - still hoping to get back soon.

Usual races last night with Ian running Race Control again while my shocking luck continues. Returned to running the Losi after 2 months wasted trying to get the TC6 handling. The losi was flying leaving me a few seconds out in front on the first quali when 8 laps in the motor died for no apparent reason. Taking it apart and putting it back together no less than 3 times before it inexplicably decided to work again though with my pinion having disintegrated in the mean time.
Back out for a last quali round the slight increase in punch from having to go down a tooth on the pinion ruined the car handling and then a few laps into leg 1 final the belt snapped. Just when I think my luck can only change, it does, for the worse!!!

Anyway I’ll hopefully be back to fight again next week with either a new belt for the Losi or I guess I’ll have to rebuild the shocks on the TC6 with light oil rather than the toffee that seems to be in them and hope that cures it.

See you all next week

lazysurfer
09-07-2014, 07:50 AM
Well a decent turnout this week, more than I’d expected knowing we were missing 4 die hards but we still had a decent buggy heat and a busy TC heat. 4 quali and 2 leg final for everyone at a nice relaxed pace - well the running of the night was relaxed anyway, racing was a frantic and close as ever with even yours truly getting in some good racing having returned to running the old Losi I managed to finish every race J with good quali results though I overdrove the final L

Good to have Mark Prior back and Mark Fairbairn - hope to see you both again a bit more regular. Also fair dues to Trev for turning up and racing in pain after what he’s just had done - ouch - though we did excuse him from marshalling and track build.

Dedication Trev - we need more of that from more people J

See you all again next week

lazysurfer
15-07-2014, 07:58 AM
Well we had no less than 7 regulars missing last night but still enough drivers to run 2 heats though Mark Prior with his buggy had to fit in with a TC heat - no probs tho as he swapped to his new TC midway through the night and seemed to go pretty well.
Another visit by Westy and Scowen showing his face with a new TC so hopefully see you two back next week.
A good night for me again with the old museum piece (the car not me) flying for most of the night other than leg 1 final when I stuffed it on lap 1 from pole as usual only managing to get back up to second and not starting leg 2 thanks to motor mount screws coming loose just before I put my car on track. Oh well - the racing I did get was fun J

See you there next week with hopefully some of you AWOL regulars back on track - with notes from your mums explaining your absence this week!

lazysurfer
29-07-2014, 07:40 AM
Well another good race night last night though a few regulars missing meaning only 2 heats - getting 4 quali and 2 leg finals as per the norm.

Again late starting setup as people starting to drift in at 7:10pm instead of 7pm - just saying.

See you all again next Monday

lazysurfer
05-08-2014, 07:51 AM
Well a rather quiet night last night with Richie, Richie, Richie, and Tony all on holiday, Scowen and Hindson off sick, Josh at his re-arranged Monday scouts, and Screamer seemingly having defected to Barely Mow permanently now. Presumably Westy & Jedward with work excuses.
Anyway still ran a buggy and TC heat and were joined by 2 potential new racers, Jonny & Rob who hopefully are as keen as they seemed. Both got in some racing, Jonny with his TC which I lent him some tyres for and Rob with Trev’s TC for a couple of rounds (cheers Trev) both of them seeming to get round very well for a first try on a slippy floor. Looks like the ploy of Gary handing fliers to Nitro lads in the shop for spare parts may have had its first success!!!

Hope to see you back in the next few week lads and bring as many mates as you can.J

Hopefully have some of the AWOL regulars back again next week.

lazysurfer
19-08-2014, 07:44 AM
Well last night was our best numbers in a long time with 3 busy heats, 2 TC & 1 Buggy class and a few new faces. Nice to see Rob & Jonny having a good nights racing and James joining in. Also Lee Freeman and his mate (who’s name I didn’t catch as Ian “future chairman” Watson was running RC) joining the buggy class with 2WD and giving the 4WD lads something to think about - impressive.

Anyway - no racing next week or the week after due to bank hol and college enrolment so see you all back there on 8th September

lazysurfer
17-09-2014, 07:53 AM
Well we had our best numbers in a while this week with 15 racing and another and 3 regulars missing so 3 heats - 2 TC and a buggy.
Also had my best nights racing last night with the old Losi back on track again taking pole (much protest from Barry being passed on the last lap but there was a gap ;-) and the win in the first TC A final.
Thanks to Barry for spending the past week trying to fettle my TC6 , appreciated mate - much better than it had been but still not nice to drive hence the return of the Losi - so it’s definitely going on ebay this week.
Second TC final was combined to a ten car race due to time constraints, the most we’ve had on track at once for a lot of years - won convincingly by Barry over half a lap ahead of me in second. While the prospect of 10 cars in a race was a bit worrying - surprisingly it ended up being very clean given the difference in abilities - so well driven to all.
So all in all some great close racing last night, particularly with Barry & Trev and a very good standard of driving by everyone - looking forward to more of the same next week

lazysurfer
23-09-2014, 05:19 PM
Well another decent turn out last night for a good night racing. Good to have Christian along again running Rob's car in some races and it also seems that Pauy Young has bought himself a car to join his son James and the rest of you buggy lads from next week. Also another first time racer last night in James ????? who found us on oople and has gone and bought a buggy over the past week to come along. Hopefully see you again next Monday - when I will definitely be there now thanks to some unbeleivable incompetency at the Nuffield Hospital today!!!
Close racing last night was an understatement with the top 3 cars in the first leg TC final being separated by seven hundredths of a second between their best laps - 14.71, 14.75 & 14.78 seconds!!!!

Anyway - see you all again next Monday :-)

lazysurfer
30-09-2014, 07:57 AM
Have to say I was a bit disappointed and surprised in last nights poor turn out particularly after a couple of very busy weeks. Nevermind, still plenty there to race and have a good night.
Also a little disappointed in my own nights racing - after flying the last 2 weeks the tyres finally gave out last night and the new ones I replaced them with took a bit of getting used to - maybe because they’d been lying around in my pit box for a while - or maybe I was just driving like a girl last night, probably the latter.

Good to see James back putting in a full nights racing and another potential new racer thinking of defecting from Seaham J

Renllek
06-10-2014, 04:22 PM
Well im not going to b able to make it tonight :cry::cry:

Bit gutting as i was looking forward to coming, but i was informed 2 hours before i left work that i have to cover oncall tonight (and the rest of the week), would have come along anyway but ill likely to get a call around 9 pm and again around 4am!

So best i stay at home and get as much sleep as i can as i still have to be present at work tomorrow even if i get called out :mad:

lazysurfer
21-10-2014, 10:36 AM
well another busy night last night - not quite matching the 17 racers the previous week but still a good turnout with 5-6 regulars missing!
Good to see Kristian now has his own car to race against Rob rather than as a tag team with Rob :-)
Some good close racing again in both heats, particularly the finals so hopefully we'll have the awol regulars back next week for more of the same - and maybe James joining the TC's from the dark side!

Renllek
22-10-2014, 08:07 PM
Well i was having a look at TC's and i accidently clicked on the buy button that was the other side of the page to the back button i was trying to click, oops :lol::lol:

So hopefully if i get it built in time (its in kit form) i will be turning up with a turnigy TD10, which is a direct replica of the 3racing sakura zero s (built on the same line and the same factory)

cant complain for less than £45 new :thumbsup:

lazysurfer
28-10-2014, 08:40 AM
Well its nice to see TyneMet getting busy on a regular basis again. 3 full heats last night and at least 4 regular racers missing. Couple of not so new racers joining us last night, Jamie Taylor, a Benfield lad running in the Buggy class and keeping Nev on his toes. Nev joining the “dark side” for the night!
And Sean Lancaster back with a TC after a LONG time away from the club. Hopefully see you both back next week.
James Kelner in the past week has gone the opposite way to Nev changing over to be a TC driver and last night saw Jedward running both classes, swapping from TC to Buggy after breaking a wishbone.
Good close racing over the full night with the TC heats condensed into an entertaining 10 car final to get the rounds in before kicking out time, and nice to see the buggy lads running jumps again J

Hopefully the missing regulars will put in an appearance next week and we can get back up to 4 heats!!!

FrogPrince82
28-10-2014, 09:54 PM
Thanks for a good evening of racing with a fantastic clean fight against Nev, needed to nail the clean runs and pray to the gods of good fortune that they would nail Nev!

Will be back next week for more buggy action.

lazysurfer
31-10-2014, 08:39 AM
Pleased you enjoyed it, see you Monday :-)

lazysurfer
12-11-2014, 08:55 AM
Another good turn out last night with 2 TC and 1 Buggy heat all fitting in 4 quali and 2 leg finals.
Unfortunately a few regulars missing again and probably the least grip we’ve had on the floor in a long time - great for the lads with newish tyres but like driving on ice for myself and Trev after the cars being on rails last week!

New tyres next week I think J

No signs of James Young again???

See you all next Monday

lazysurfer
28-07-2015, 07:43 AM
Well apart from some worrying noises coming from both my TC & Junior’s buggy, last night was disappointingly quiet with only 2 mixed heats and finals.
6 rounds of racing fitted in tho along with a few diy mods to the new store cupboard to help fit/keep track in place.

Good nights racing for Nev winning every round I think tho Pikey gave him a hard time most of the night with The Boss joining in the battle for the final.

Hopefully see more of you back there next week

Hopefully less ill sounding cars too………..

lazysurfer
12-08-2015, 07:49 AM
Good to have numbers back up a bit last night, again only 2 heats but busy in both with the usual 4 Q & 2 leg finals. Good grip and good racing J

Another visit occasional from Chris “Never Ready” Clark and Rob Callender back after a few weeks missing.

Hope to see more of you back again next week which will be the last weeks racing for a couple of weeks as we miss the following 2 due to enrolment and the bank holiday.

Also since it appear that Benfield may not be racing and NEAM –Seaham definitely aren’t due to regionals, anyone from either who fancies some club racing, come along to Tynemet J

Noob
12-08-2015, 08:48 AM
Benfield are definitely racing every Friday night :thumbsup:

K-Brewer
12-08-2015, 09:07 AM
100% racing friday

lazysurfer
13-08-2015, 07:48 AM
Nice to know some people actually still check this post - I was beginning to think I'd been talking to myself for the past 6 months!!:thumbsup: