PDA

View Full Version : Dates for 2013 series

woOdy
23-01-2013, 01:02 PM
Hi Guys,
We have organised the dates now for 2013 Regional Series.

21st April - Barrow
19th May - Stoke
2nd June - LDA
16th June - Southport
14th July - Bury
25th August - South Lakes

These will all be 2wd and 4wd on the same day.
If the booking in number go above 120 then we WILL BE dropping the rounds to 3 rounds and finals.

It will also be the best 4 rounds out of 6.

The booking in fee has gone up for this year to £10 and you have to book in with the hosting club.

I will post more details later.

Thanks

bigred5765
23-01-2013, 01:53 PM
are we using the online system again stu,

Evo_Snr
23-01-2013, 02:10 PM
are we using the online system again stu,
I think this answers your question Carl, From Woody's post :-

The booking in fee has gone up for this year to £10 and you have to book in with the hosting club. :p:p:p

danDanEFC
23-01-2013, 09:26 PM
When does booking in open? Can we book in for all of them at the same time?

stuart slmcc
24-01-2013, 08:41 AM
Barrows booking in will open on march the 1st . The southlakes will be open on May the 1st you have to book in with the club you are going to. Im sure the others will post details soon .

danDanEFC
24-01-2013, 09:13 AM
Cheers mate

tony12795
24-01-2013, 10:16 AM
Why can I not just enter all by sending one email address??

6 meeting means 6 email address and booking in is done on different dates. That's just daft if you ask me......

tinnylad
24-01-2013, 11:29 AM
Sending one email per month to book in to race isn't really a big deal in the grand scheme of things. :thumbsup:

TonyM
24-01-2013, 12:37 PM
Why can I not just enter all by sending one email address??

6 meeting means 6 email address and booking in is done on different dates. That's just daft if you ask me......
Stu will provide the details, but quite simply there will be a window in time in which you can book for each event. Booking will close the Sunday before the event. That is not to say that you can't book in late, but if you do then no matter what your ability you will be put into the lowest ability heats.

In doing this we hope the lists will be a little more accurate than last year, giving the race controller ample time to set up their database prior to the event with few changes before we race. This should mean less time needed at booking in on the day.

If we could book in advance for all six events, most would do this with little worry about whether they can make them all. Done individually you are closer to the date of the race and hopefully a little more sure that you will race.

losichris
24-01-2013, 07:58 PM
Stu will provide the details, but quite simply there will be a window in time in which you can book for each event. Booking will close the Sunday before the event. That is not to say that you can't book in late, but if you do then no matter what your ability you will be put into the lowest ability heats.

In doing this we hope the lists will be a little more accurate than last year, giving the race controller ample time to set up their database prior to the event with few changes before we race. This should mean less time needed at booking in on the day.

If we could book in advance for all six events, most would do this with little worry about whether they can make them all. Done individually you are closer to the date of the race and hopefully a little more sure that you will race.

So are heats going to be done from Formula grading this year, or whatever ability you tell the race controller?

adprim
24-01-2013, 08:17 PM
i think heats should be f rating for round 1 then championship standings for all other round if thats possible

stuart slmcc
24-01-2013, 10:25 PM
For the first round (at least ) heats will be sorted into F grades . When booking in you will be asked for this . If you dont suppy it i wont be chaseing you up for it or checking the list on the north west pages on here where they are. You will be put into a low heat. I will double check if its given . For the barrow booking in you will be asked for
Full name if no surname is given no booking will be taken
brca number
F grade
pt numbers
Classes you wished to be entered into

The hope is every one will have ample time to book in . If a fellow member of your club hasnt got the internet,a phone ect a fellow racer can always book them in . I hope to have a full heat listing up by the monday before the barrow regional and if there is a problem it can be fixed before the start of the meeting . Any body booking in after the dead line of 12 pm the week before or on the day will go in the first heats regardless of F gradeing .

danmurphy
06-02-2013, 09:15 PM
Where is Stoke's outdoor track and what surface will it be?

MikePimlott
06-02-2013, 10:02 PM
ST5 7LB

All astro :thumbsup:

danmurphy
07-02-2013, 04:27 PM
ST5 7LB

All astro :thumbsup:

Is this the same club that race indoors? http://www.stokercmcc.co.uk/

MikePimlott
07-02-2013, 04:47 PM
Is this the same club that race indoors? http://www.stokercmcc.co.uk/

Dont think so!

http://www.stoke-nitro.co.uk/

matt76
11-02-2013, 04:29 PM
Hi, I'm new to regional racing, can anyone enter or do you need to have a F grade?

Thanks

matt

losichris
11-02-2013, 05:40 PM
Hi, I'm new to regional racing, can anyone enter or do you need to have a F grade?

Thanks

matt

Anyone can enter, just need a BRCA membership

Pitman Ed
12-02-2013, 08:52 AM
Matt,
If you are not already a BRCA member, you can join direct, or through an affilliated club (Bury/Southport for example). You will automatically be given F5 grade. You can progress up to F2 by Regional qualification; F1 is reached by Nationals results.

stuart slmcc
18-02-2013, 06:27 PM
barrow's regional booking in info
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122506

gazhillAE
28-02-2013, 07:05 PM
Could anyone see if there's any chance of June's round being held anywhere else at this late notice? Southport maybe?

Gaz

TonyM
28-02-2013, 08:10 PM
Could anyone see if there's any chance of June's round being held anywhere else at this late notice? Southport maybe?

Gaz
Gaz - I think two Regionals in the same month at Southport would be too much, even for our club.

How about Barrow swap their April date for the June date. If they did, then all those who have booked in the weekend 20/21 April for the oOple Open would then be able to attend all NW Regionals. Just a thought!

Also, ther'es a slightly better chance of dry weather in June.

jameswilkinson7
28-02-2013, 08:33 PM
How about Barrow swap their April date for the June date. If they did, then all those who have booked in the weekend 20/21 April for the oOple Open would then be able to attend all NW Regionals. Just a thought!

Yeah, that sounds like the ideal plan!:thumbsup:

MikePimlott
01-03-2013, 07:25 AM
Gaz - I think two Regionals in the same month at Southport would be too much, even for our club.

Agree! I would like to do oople series race at stotfold and all Regionals.

stuart slmcc
01-03-2013, 08:20 AM
I for one are helping get barrows regional ready and at this moment in time i am unsure if we can move it now . We started sorting it the day after the club meeting at stu's house. We are not fortunate to have a full time track or area to run out doors these things do/are taking some time to sort out permissions,bogs,food ect . I understand there are other events that weekend and if people want to go to and support that, that is fine your choice but the barrow members are supporting the North West regional's this year . If we have to move dates, we will do our best to hold one but during the summer at the school i'm not sure that we will be able to .

tinnylad
01-03-2013, 08:46 AM
Stu is right it's not as simple as just changing a date for us. We've had to sort the details all the way down to getting the council to have the grass cut for us on the required date.

Pitman Ed
01-03-2013, 08:48 AM
The dates have been set and circulated. People have made plans based on that. To change them now would just please some, and upset others. So best to leave them as they are.

MatJohnson
01-03-2013, 09:22 AM
I've booked me holiday round em. Don't move em

gazhillAE
01-03-2013, 01:00 PM

Totally agree tony but....i have to work weekends occasionally working for a breakdown company so i have to book holidays well in advance!

Another club needs to pick up the June date.

Can someone look into this rather than leaving with Stu currently

NeilRalph77
01-03-2013, 02:08 PM
Are you now looking to go best 3 rounds from 5 or still 4 to qualify?

Dean Washington
01-03-2013, 04:55 PM
I would imagine 4 out of 5

Evo_Snr
01-03-2013, 04:59 PM
I would imagine 4 out of 5
If only 5 rounds are run then it will be your best 3 rounds to count.

scotty_big_flip
01-03-2013, 07:32 PM
Much better for the Barrow club to keep the current date, what with all thay have to sort out. Im happy to put a regionals event b4 oople meet.

TonyM
01-03-2013, 07:58 PM
Much better for the Barrow club to keep the current date, what with all thay have to sort out. Im happy to put a regionals event b4 oople meet.
I was naively thinking it would help with Barrow's numbers if there was no clash with oOple. However, I fully understand if it is difficult too change dates at this stage.

gazhillAE
01-03-2013, 09:36 PM
If only 5 rounds are run then it will be your best 3 rounds to count.

Fine with me

Gaz

Darren Wales
06-03-2013, 08:32 PM
Gents,

I have sent Stuart a Pm suggesting that the above date be considered for a memorial meeting to be held at Bury in honour of "The Race Controller"

I am awaiting Stuart's response. Whilst it isn't a regional it will I'm sure, if agreed be a good day to show the north west support to Roger and his family's chosen charity.

Your thoughts?

Darren
Chairman BMRCC

jenski
06-03-2013, 09:40 PM
I think a memorial race would be very fitting.

birdy
12-03-2013, 10:24 AM
Memorial meeting to be held at Bury in honour of "The Race Controller", get my vote!