PDA

View Full Version : WORM Winter Champs Round 9 another great day!

DrPaul
27-01-2013, 06:49 PM
Well the weather gods favoured us again today! After the down pour of last night the track was soon cleared of any standing water first thing with the help of the wonderful squeegees and soon started to dry throughout the morning and although damp we had grip all-day, thats how an all weather track works :D

One short burst from the sky before the finals but thats was all and the track was dry enough today that no one suffered any electrical problems.:p
With everyone opting for 2wd we had three good rounds of racing and well done Dave Belsten with his TQ & win with Kev Taylor hot on his heals.

Good to see some more new keen faces racing today, welcome to WORM, good to see you having such fun. Also nice to see more future members coming to watch and check out the track, get your batteries charged and see you at round 10 hopefully.

All weather astro track, great onsite cafe, covered pits, quality racing and lots of friendly racers, well done everyone!:thumbsup:

roderzz
27-01-2013, 08:03 PM
first time out running a buggy and loved it! massive thanks to everyone who gave me help and advice! Cracking day out! shame my radio system was having a head fit around the tree stump ha!

Belsten
27-01-2013, 08:25 PM
Thanks for another good day and lucky with the weather again too

Danosborne6661
27-01-2013, 09:36 PM
Awesome day! Like you said can't believe how lucky we were with the weather... most of the black clouds seemed to be going around us. Not complaining about that! And just to top it off watched Top Gear :D The cars splashing through the few puddles with the low light looked so good, shame we didn't have a nice camera to hand to take some shots.

I can't get enough of running the DEX210, itching to use it again already.

SUGG
27-01-2013, 10:01 PM
Hi - 1/10th newbie alert!! :eh?:

After running a friends 4wd buggy in round 8 (with mixed results as the cars gearing was shocking!) I have ordered a Losi 22 and hope to be up and racing it by mid March.

a couple of us ran 1/5 scale last night hence we did not race today.

Can't wait till the next event
Cheers

Suggs

danadams0000
27-01-2013, 10:06 PM
Wicked day today was my first race today and im hooked!! Got home to find my rear shock tower snapped at the top! no wonder i was having handling issues :eh?: alu part ordered see you in a few weeks:thumbsup:

Mrp
27-01-2013, 11:32 PM
Gutted i couldnt make it as it sounds like you all had another great day at Worm, cant wait for the next round.

CARB
28-01-2013, 03:28 PM
To all
A word of thanks for the race controller, it all went like clockwork and a great day racing and all for a fiver.

CARB

mrspeedy
28-01-2013, 07:02 PM
Brilliant fun as always :woot:

Highlights of the day ....

Quality egg and bacon roll from our superb cafe peeps ...

Kev Taylor nearly getting all Mary Poppins with his giant umbrella when the wind suddenly got up !!!!

And the grip coming up after the rain shower !!! still can't get my head round that one :D

Dombrasky
28-01-2013, 10:25 PM
yep great days racing,weather was kind to us all day,apart from 5 min shower
grip was good for how wet it was at times,the track just seems to be getting better all the time
had some great racing especially with Si good wheel to wheel, for buggys
thanks to all that helped on the day,a lot of water needed sweeping off the track in the morning
and all mucking in meant it was done in no time :)