PDA

View Full Version : SORC AGM

jim c
29-01-2013, 09:22 PM
Any proposals, post here unless you have already sent them in.

Mr.C.
16-02-2013, 04:47 PM
There are only 2 proposals for discussion tomorrow:

Proposal 1 from Derek Kerr, seconded by James Collins.

Any host club for the SORC series must be able to demonstrate they have a suitable method of dealing with a lipo problem (i.e. fire) prior to applying for a round of the SORC series, and have that facility available prior to a meeting starting.

Proposal 2 from Derek Kerr, seconded by James Collins.

Meeting format to be 4 rounds of Round by Round points, followed by 1 final for all. There should be 8 heats (or the equivalent time allowed) produced to accommodate both 2wd and 4wd. No round should be any quicker than 1hr 15min.

D20MCK
16-02-2013, 05:06 PM
I would like to propose the we allow the use of dBoots Multibyte tyres in the 2013 championship.

dhann42
16-02-2013, 06:07 PM
Better dates then the mad rush of last year. There is some doing the nationals and people going to meetings down south.

Tyres for 2wd full spike should be aload it would make for better racing in the wet

Just want to race

dasbo
17-02-2013, 01:51 PM
Chaps,

Sorry I couldn't make it down today. A combination of work and other stuff meant I just couldn't afford the 5 hour round trip to attend.

As with previous seasons, SDRCC will gladly hold a round or two if acceptable to all those who did turn up. I understand that in the past, clubs wishing to hold a round were required to have been represented at the AGM. So if we have lost out then I accept that.

I hope all went well and look forward to the new season.

Martin Wallace
17-02-2013, 05:58 PM
Chaps,

Sorry I couldn't make it down today. A combination of work and other stuff meant I just couldn't afford the 5 hour round trip to attend.

As with previous seasons, SDRCC will gladly hold a round or two if acceptable to all those who did turn up. I understand that in the past, clubs wishing to hold a round were required to have been represented at the AGM. So if we have lost out then I accept that.

I hope all went well and look forward to the new season.

If you do or probably you will is there any chance of the club erecting a smaller height rostrum for the 2 rounds, i think dave said there were stuff there to build one up. maybe picked him up wrong. but this was discussed last year about the rostrum.

cheers martin

Martin Wallace
17-02-2013, 06:00 PM
i propose 4 rounds ftq, and 3 leg A finals. further finals 1 final. :thumbsup:

Mr.C.
17-02-2013, 07:36 PM
Martin

Meeting was today at 1pm: little late for another proposal....

dasbo
17-02-2013, 08:39 PM
Martin,

Yeah, I think everyone agrees that its a tad on the tall side for our off-road area. There is a load of scaffolding type stuff under race control which everyone assumes is the small rostrum from years ago. The problem we have is that no-one knows how it goes together or how big it actually is once assembled. I could try and organise a few bodies to investigate one weekend, but for now, I think I'll have to say it will be the existing rostrum as before. If we manage to get something else sorted before this time, then it will be a bonus.

DanB4
18-02-2013, 09:48 AM
Martin,

Yeah, I think everyone agrees that its a tad on the tall side for our off-road area. There is a load of scaffolding type stuff under race control which everyone assumes is the small rostrum from years ago. The problem we have is that no-one knows how it goes together or how big it actually is once assembled. I could try and organise a few bodies to investigate one weekend, but for now, I think I'll have to say it will be the existing rostrum as before. If we manage to get something else sorted before this time, then it will be a bonus.

Hi Dasbo,

The last time we set-up and used that scaffold rostrum was around 2005 I think for an off road race. Maybe even earlier.

Bruce used to show us how to assemble it - it bolted to the leg of the main rostrum stairs if I remember correctly.

Is it all still under race control? I'm not sure about that to be honest.

I think Steve Harley might have an idea about it too.

Cheers,

Dan

Martin Wallace
18-02-2013, 04:36 PM
Martin,

. I could try and organise a few bodies to investigate one weekend

that would be great if your club can do that. im sure dave said it was the one from years ago which was a perfect height etc. the venue is great with the smaller rostrum as i remember it back in 94.