PDA

View Full Version : vw touran the good and bad

mark christopher
30-01-2013, 10:54 PM
Thinking of swapping my Vito for a vw touran, looking for any feed back, around 2009 model 2litre pd 140bhp bkd engine.
I Know about dual mass flywheel.

What do you know

cmgreen
04-02-2013, 04:09 PM
Sound, Oil change with ll oil every 10k tho!

andy110m
04-02-2013, 04:37 PM
Some of the BKD engines had injectors issues but VW did a recall.

On mine there's a vibration when accelerating past around 25-30 mph. Its only very faint and a mechy friend of mine said he can't feel it and I'm dreaming, in fact I'm the only one who notices it. Its just passed its test and I asked them to check all bushes thinking they'd find something but all came back fine.

Maybe I am dreaming but just something to check when testing any. Apart from that is a great vehicle, loads of space and comfort.

tisher
04-02-2013, 04:46 PM
dont get one with dpf if your not doing much motorway mileage as the light comes on for fun and can put the car in limp mode we had a brand new blue motion one I hated it found the seats very uncomfortable and the build quility poor compared to other vdubs I have owned

SlowOne
04-02-2013, 08:11 PM
This site usually has some details that are worth looking at...

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/volkswagen/touran-2010/

HTH :)

mark christopher
04-02-2013, 08:21 PM
cheers pete viewed one on sat and too small so going for a caddy maxi life :thumbsup:

cmgreen
12-02-2013, 01:00 PM
Some of the BKD engines had injectors issues but VW did a recall.

BMN engine code only.

On mine there's a vibration when accelerating past around 25-30 mph. Its only very faint and a mechy friend of mine said he can't feel it and I'm dreaming, in fact I'm the only one who notices it. Its just passed its test and I asked them to check all bushes thinking they'd find something but all came back fine.

What gear are you in when this happens, if in a high gear it probably clutch flywheel chatter

andy110m
12-02-2013, 08:40 PM
Hi,

Its only going to be 2nd or 3rd. Its an auto box, the DSG, its only low speed just like a wheel out of balance. Nobody else notices it but I'm sure I can feel it.

Maybe as the saying goes, I shouldn't look to hard for problems!