PDA

View Full Version : atomic carbon s8

J_WOODY
05-07-2008, 12:28 PM
just spotted this whilst checking out the belgium gp..

http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/3086/p1020935fs3.jpg

ben
05-07-2008, 12:35 PM
Electric 1/8 :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

strobe
05-07-2008, 02:24 PM
Had a close look at the S8 last weekend at EPR. A very nice car indeed.:thumbsup:

nitrokillah
08-07-2008, 05:34 PM
saw it at the GP as well.
that engine mound looks really strong.

too bad Jonathan didn't have the speedo yet.

really wanted to see it go.

hope you don't fry the R1. might be wurth waiting on the Monster mamba.

can' t wait to see the vid.

OldTimer
08-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Had it running today all i will say is.

AWESOME :woot:

matdodd
08-07-2008, 07:55 PM
is it as quick as your Atomic B44 though?

OldTimer
08-07-2008, 08:00 PM
Hard to say as i have only run it on the road, but it does seem stupidly quick as normal, and the brakes are something else, whoever said you really need to use the mechanical brakes has not seen the s8 stop :lol:

rcracer
08-07-2008, 08:44 PM
:thumbsup:

http://www.oople.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=14&pictureid=379

http://www.oople.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=14&pictureid=380

http://www.oople.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=14&pictureid=381

Thomas P
08-07-2008, 09:11 PM
But aint the Carbonfibre tube chassis missing?? or have i missed something ?

ok, the CF parts looks as always AWESOME...pure art, but..a alloy chassis...na...this is not what ive expected

BUT it looks cool

frogger
08-07-2008, 11:36 PM
Oh man, that is awesome :woot:

nitrokillah
09-07-2008, 08:41 AM
Jonathan : have you changed the center diff oil?
I run 10k oil in my 8T and it still feels a bit loos.
Might give you better Breakin' power.
could just be the Speedo . witch one are you using at the moment?

Tomas: I thought the same thing:)
where is the carbon tubb? :eh?: I 'm sure if this picks up . Jonathan will deff consider making one. :drool::drool:

OldTimer
09-07-2008, 11:47 AM
You have to remember guys this is a brand new class and currently there is no where in the UK i could official race the S8, a tub chassis is a very large investment for me, but i do have plans for a tub if 1/8 electric takes off so don't worry :thumbsup:

James
09-07-2008, 12:09 PM
Looking good :thumbsup:

I've had mine ready since march (but still waiting for the motor mount and battery tray from the states! they're taking forever!)
Its a hong-nor donor car.

We'll all have to meet up and have an unofficial British Champs or something! :)

jasonrcb
09-07-2008, 04:07 PM
Well i have to say jonathon you have done it again tha is mighty impressive:thumbsup:
right then now the questions....what brushless system are you using and what size lipo are you going to use
and now the big 1 what sort of price are we looking at to get our hands on 1 of those monsters

OldTimer
09-07-2008, 07:44 PM
Well i have to say jonathon you have done it again tha is mighty impressive:thumbsup:
right then now the questions....what brushless system are you using and what size lipo are you going to use
and now the big 1 what sort of price are we looking at to get our hands on 1 of those monsters

Jason i had planned to come upto Cov on thursday to have more of a test but i think the weather has put paid to that :mad:

The conversion should not be to much, but of course there will be a lot of other one off items you will need eg motor, lipo, speedo, conversion kit, rolling chassis :) but one you have these then it will be pretty cheap to run.

OldTimer
09-07-2008, 07:47 PM
Jonathan : have you changed the center diff oil?
I run 10k oil in my 8T and it still feels a bit loos.
Might give you better Breakin' power.
could just be the Speedo . witch one are you using at the moment?

Tomas: I thought the same thing:)
where is the carbon tubb? :eh?: I 'm sure if this picks up . Jonathan will deff consider making one. :drool::drool:

I think as standard the race roller has 5k in it, i plan on getting some 10k as the front wheels are like pizza cutters under acceleration, and i think i also need to get a wheelie bar for the back :woot:

jasonrcb
09-07-2008, 08:05 PM
Thanks jonathon so i had best do a deal to get a losi8 rolling chassis:thumbsup:

the weather looks to of put a stop to tomorrow but there is a club meeting sunday if thats any help

OldTimer
09-07-2008, 08:22 PM
Thanks jonathon so i had best do a deal to get a losi8 rolling chassis:thumbsup:

the weather looks to of put a stop to tomorrow but there is a club meeting sunday if thats any help

Yes a 8ight would be a good place to start :thumbsup: i maybe able to sort out a special price on the 8ight kits drop me a pm.

What time is the meeting on the sunday and is it on the astro ?.

jasonrcb
09-07-2008, 08:28 PM
booking in is about 9 usually as the nitro's cant fire up till then...i usually get there about 8 gives extra track time as only electrics can go on before 9:thumbsup:
i would think it would be on the astro jonathon as to save the grass for the bigger meetings especially with this weather it would cut up bad

Thomas P
11-07-2008, 06:00 AM
but i do have plans for a tub if 1/8 electric takes off so don't worry :thumbsup:

Thank you for this...:p thats why i work, to spend all my kids money on AC products..i do not understand why my wife says it is a little costy :thumbdown::thumbsup: