PDA

View Full Version : X4/TE (Team C T4) spur gear cover issues

Dandare
06-02-2013, 04:08 PM
Upon fitting the spur gear to my X4te (new build) i'm finding it doesn't reach the slipper bearings even when fully screwed on, meaning the whole slipper assembly moves around. I thought of gently filing the plastic where the rear upper deck locates to lower the cover but it's not that simple.

Anybody had this issue ?

_valtsu_
08-02-2013, 01:15 PM
I have never seen that kind of issue. Maby you got a bad part.

Steve2990
17-02-2013, 04:28 PM
I am building this car at the moment and Ive got the same issues.
In fact the alloy mount is 0.35m/m higher than the plastic mount and this tilts the centre shaft upwards at the front. I have put a shim under the plastic mount to level it up. I also have had to cut and file away a lot of detail features of the plastic mount and cover to get the clamping effect.

madmax
17-02-2013, 06:59 PM
I have built mine recently and did t have a problem at all. It was a little tight so I backed off the screws on the chassis and it fitted perfectly. Then biped them back up.

Robbiejuk
20-02-2013, 01:27 PM
I am building this car at the moment and Ive got the same issues.
In fact the alloy mount is 0.35m/m higher than the plastic mount and this tilts the centre shaft upwards at the front. I have put a shim under the plastic mount to level it up. I also have had to cut and file away a lot of detail features of the plastic mount and cover to get the clamping effect.

There are two shims that fit between the top deck and the centre gear cover. The car has always needed these. It is shown in the instructions. Is this the area that you mean?

Mine has always been a tight fit but never had to remove any material to get it to fit right...

nicVEGAchildJR
07-03-2013, 03:03 PM
we used to use shims ( dont know what size) on the slipper assembly between ther bearings