PDA

View Full Version : Recomend me a mardave

levontraut
07-02-2013, 09:18 AM
Hi guys.

i am looking at getting a mardave but i have a few questions.

i want to use it for both oval and curcite but i recon if i go for a circuite one as it can be adapted for oval.

i was looking at the carbon version but i spoke to a few guys and they all said they can not feel the diffrence between the ali and carbon.

what are your recomendations and thoughts.

all help and advice is gladly accepted.

:)

cheers
levon

oakey4
07-02-2013, 05:18 PM
Hi mate I run a carbon mardave, I use it for circuit only and it goes very well, it has a alley ride height motor pod, ive mounted my wishbones straight onto the chassis. My set up is

Front

0 toe in
50 sh contract wheels 46mm
Cs high gripper 3/4-20 mins
Medium springs
Savox 1251 servo
4 mm ride height

Rear

Alley pod
Diff fitted
Medium springs
1.5 mm droop
30k-50k in damper tube
4mm ride height
40 sh contact wheels 48mm
Cs high gripper 20mins

Other

Tekin rs pro esc
Thunder power 13.5 42.5deg timming 55/56 roll out
2.4g
Ascari shell
Aston martin shell.

Also fitted to my car is A x-ray T2 bumper kit...:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Allan1875
07-02-2013, 05:19 PM
PM sent.

JimboJames1972
07-02-2013, 07:25 PM
I'd go for the carbon version every time, especially if your local tracks have higher grip.

The big advantage of the carbon composite over the alloy is the fact that it can't bend and tweak in a heavy bump. Sure, it will have to be a big one but, having done it myself in the past, I know what a pain it can be! Ive had equally big bumps with my carbon kit but it suffered no damage at all. Also, the carbon kits come with the alloy pods (the adjustability is extremely helpful) as well as a damper to tune your handling. I guess there is nothing stopping you buying these bits separately and adding them to an alloy chassis kit but you might as well save a few quid and get them in the carbon kit.

My concern over your situation is that the requirements for circuit and oval are very different. I'm thinking different power sources, setup, shells and tires (obviously depending on your respective clubs). If/as/when you progress through your racing I seriously think you will be better off with two separate cars, one set up for oval, the other for circuit.

Hope this helps,

James

levontraut
07-02-2013, 08:43 PM
I'd go for the carbon version every time, especially if your local tracks have higher grip.

The big advantage of the carbon composite over the alloy is the fact that it can't bend and tweak in a heavy bump. Sure, it will have to be a big one but, having done it myself in the past, I know what a pain it can be! Ive had equally big bumps with my carbon kit but it suffered no damage at all. Also, the carbon kits come with the alloy pods (the adjustability is extremely helpful) as well as a damper to tune your handling. I guess there is nothing stopping you buying these bits separately and adding them to an alloy chassis kit but you might as well save a few quid and get them in the carbon kit.

My concern over your situation is that the requirements for circuit and oval are very different. I'm thinking different power sources, setup, shells and tires (obviously depending on your respective clubs). If/as/when you progress through your racing I seriously think you will be better off with two separate cars, one set up for oval, the other for circuit.

Hope this helps,

James

hi m8

so if i look into it, i get the carbon one as it is a little more robust to hits etc... then i get the circuite one with the oval front end??

this way i can have the ride hight adjustments avalible??

will this be brca legal??

cheers
levon

JimboJames1972
09-02-2013, 05:56 PM
Hi Levon,

I must admit that it has been a few years since I raced oval so I am a little out of touch with what is 'legal' and what is not.

Back when I did run the two classes, I tried it with just the one car to begin with but I started with my Mardave circuit car (this was my primary class) and slightly adapted the car between meetings. Nothing much really, just a swap of tires and shell but that was a few years back and there were fewer differences between the cars. My thinking was that it would be better for me to run a circuit car on an oval than an oval can on a circuit - car set up to turn both left and right on an oval was probably going to be more successful than a car set up to only turn right trying to get round a circuit!

James

Allan1875
09-02-2013, 07:15 PM
Just a quick post on the carbon v alloy.

If you tweak an alloy mardave chassis on a bump then you have the wrong chassis, as despite being alloy they are bomb proof.

The only time I've ever managed to bend one is during head ons in bangers. You take an alloy one and see how difficult it is to flatten the back lip of one in a vice.

bluedakar
09-02-2013, 08:14 PM
Get yourself a 1300 stock car and have some fun