PDA

View Full Version : JORCR needs your help - info on a date we're closed aswell

turbo_brick
06-07-2008, 06:39 PM
July 29th we can't use the school so won't be racing there, however we are trying to do a demo type evening at Chester Le Street riverside for a local charity which does leisure activities for children with disabilities. We're trying to get some of the kids involved and down to Jarrow club to race, so doing this to try to generate some interest, inviting the kids down to watch and maybe have a go if we can find some cars for them to use. We'll be meeting from 5.30pm onwards at the Riverside near the Rowing Club, if you can come down any time from then until 9pm ish we would appreciate it. We'll be doing a small ish track on the grass, going to take some of the ropes etc from Jarrow. Drop me a PM if you can make it and need more info or ask in this thread :thumbsup: then we can keep it at the top!

So don't forget 29th July Chester Le Street Riverside next to the rowing club 5.30pm - 9pm ish (any time you can get there for in between those times)

Right, the BIG ASK bit, we're trying to get these kids involved, they did have some cars, but after testing them on the floor at Jarrow, they're not going to be much use.

Does anyone have ANY old cars (buggy or touring cars as long as they're electric), radio gear, motors, batteries, chargers in fact just about anything we can try to put together to get these kids started?

It doesn't have to be brilliant, just work, they might break it, we just want to give them a chance to try it. When they get interested and want to buy their own it can then be passed on to another to use. We are willing to consider anything to try to get this set up, unfortunately Jarrow Club isn't a rich club, we barely cover costs each week as we don't believe in ripping members off, so we don't have the funds to go out and buy stuff for them.

If anyone can help please let me know, let that dusty stuff give pleasure to someone else :) We'll be at Batley and Teeside regionals if anyone wants to bring stuff there they can part with. We'll sort out someone to bring it back up to the club.

I know this is a very big ask, but this is very very important to some little people who want to start racing :)

Thank you

If anyone needs more info about the charity it's DADLG reg charity number 1049610 this link has some information about the charity
http://www.countydurhamfoundation.co.uk/making_a_difference/case_studies/dadlg.htm

N7ELA
06-07-2008, 08:46 PM
peter i'll put a stock motor in my touring car and charge half a dozen sets of cells for use on the night. Im not working so i'll be there. Do you need any help with the track/ropes etc. My dad has a decent trailer you can borrow for transporting the track stuff.

neil...

nobby
07-07-2008, 01:36 PM
thats a great idea.

if anyone has anything that they don't want and are willing to give to a worth while thing come and see me or peter ellis or any of the racers from jarrow so we can get some new people into racing.

dave p hall
07-07-2008, 03:57 PM
i have a mission 1 touring car:woot:ive got some spare wheel's with glued on slick style tyre's for it,along with a few spare's.i also have a acom's 27mhz stick tranny,and a standard servo:thumbsup:it's the least i can do after the corking regional you laid on for us:thumbsup:nice to help out the little one's as well:lol:if it's of use will bring down to batley regional:p

turbo_brick
07-07-2008, 08:03 PM
Dave that would be great, literally anything helps, we don't mind how old anything is, how slow, or if it needs a little work/dusting off, we're just trying to get something there for the kids to use, get them started off. Like nobby just said give one of us a shout at Batley (or Teeside) and we'll arrange to get it back up here :thumbsup: THANK YOU !! :thumbsup:

Neil I'll speak to you on Tuesday at Jarrow about trailer etc, thank you for the offer, we need to speak to the school to find out when we can get access to pick them up etc.

If anyone can speak to people who go to their club but don't access oople see if anyone else has stuff lying around they would be willing to donate we'd appreciate it too of course :D We're taking our boys to the cycling they run every week until the date we do the event to meet some of the kids, parents, introduce ourselves and hopefully get some support for it. Taking a lot of effort but hopefully will be worth it for the club and the kids. Sadly there is very few children getting involved in the sport.

turbo_brick
26-07-2008, 04:48 PM
Just wanted to say a massive thank you to Dave Hall for sending the stuff up with Bill, it's very much appreciated!

dave p hall
26-07-2008, 04:51 PM
no prob's chief:lol:hope they like the hawai 5'0 top:lol:

turbo_brick
26-07-2008, 09:53 PM
:thumbsup: sure is bright isn't it, might need sunglasses on when racing :lol:

Another big thank you to Bill for all the stuff he's dropped off this evening!!!! Really appreciate your support with this project.

Hope to see as many of you there as possible on Tuesday evening, if the weather stays like this it'll be fantastic!

Regards

mrs turbo_brick :p

N7ELA
29-07-2008, 10:00 PM
Big thank you to peter and marsha for organising a free nights racing out door. Weather was great, track was great and david pack didn't finish the final. What a night...

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

turbo_brick
29-07-2008, 10:16 PM
Thanks to all who turned up tonight, went really well. Big thank you from Lynne at DADLG and the kids aswell, I think those who went could see how much they enjoyed it :thumbsup:

Special thank you for Neil for helping with the ropes yesterday and tomorrow, giving up holiday time to do so!

Takes some sorting doing things like that but worth it :D

Don't forget racing at Jarrow for the rest of the summer you won't need to put the track away!

cmgreen
30-07-2008, 08:07 PM
Sorry Guys i couldnt be there was travelling back from Glasgow, Sounds like a good nite pack!! haha

chris68nufc
30-07-2008, 08:22 PM
Hopefully i will get time to pop over it the next couple of weeks to get some racing in. Glad to hear all went well last night.