PDA

View Full Version : nice body!

telboy
07-10-2006, 08:31 PM
Well I'm bored.
So I thought I'd put this post on here.
I am a 'shell painting nut'! and I do like to see what other people paint onto their shells. Having painted mainly 'boring cars' for the last few years its nice to be able to paint something without headlights :D for a change.
So here is mine for my new buggy, it would be nice to see what you lot have been up to with the old paint cans.
Tel

* oh and, ignore the website addy on the shell, it doesn't exist any more. sorry

jimmy
07-10-2006, 08:55 PM
Cool!
like the windows, unique!

What sort of paint do you prefer ? I confess I don't like painting shells too much, I learnt my skills on computers and not having an "undo" button is hard to get used to haha.

p.s. will move this thread to the painting forum :)

DCM
07-10-2006, 08:57 PM
Pink got to be the 'in thing' these days

Even one of your 'former' drivers there Tel....

telboy
07-10-2006, 09:23 PM
haha, which one/whos that then?

Nice jobs by the way.

Jimmy, please direct me to the painting forum I seem to have gone blind.........

.....theres' no wonder I retired from painting!:D

Slimboyfat
07-10-2006, 09:23 PM
Quality shells!

Love the B4 scheme Telboy.

telboy
07-10-2006, 09:26 PM
sorry, found it now.:oops:

DCM
07-10-2006, 09:29 PM
Russ Williams..... there must be loads of people out there looking for a new painter now.

My fave canvas has got to be 1/8th, it is just so much more fun, pleny of room to get in like a TC shell but far better shapes.

telboy
07-10-2006, 09:37 PM
aah, good old russ.
Are they his new 12th design then?
I would imagine there are 'quite a few'! ;)

jimmy, it depends really.
I prefer pactra etc. because they spray 'smoother', but they stink and aren't good for your health, and after painting them seriously for 13yrs thing weren't looking good. I recently switched to faskolor, they don't spray as fine or smooth, but then they don't stink the house out either! and are better for my gf's health as she has asthma!
I try to do things different to what others do but it gets more and more difficult thinking of new ideas.

DCM
07-10-2006, 09:41 PM
Parma does stink, Faskolor, I get fed up of reading all the different ways of thinning it....

And yeah, being new is so difficult, and there are so many people out there doing it, it makes it even harder.

Russ wanted similar to your design, which is a good one.

jimmy
07-10-2006, 10:10 PM
I was cleaning my airbrush out the other night with some of the celulose thinner (which smells just like pactra) and I have to say it was quite a buzz :drunken:

jimmy
07-10-2006, 10:12 PM
I think you guys are mad painting shells all the time! haha. Seriously, I just aint patient enough. I spend lots of time on this hobby as it is mind, so I guess I do my share.

ashleyb4
08-10-2006, 10:01 AM
Here are my shells.

I think they look good but im afraid i didnt paint them my friend steven did.

Mine is the front one in the second picture. And the touring car one isnt finished yet. Its due to be finished today.

Stephan Edwardds Paints my shells he is a very good touring car driver.

A:D