PDA

View Full Version : Front MIP CVDs on X5 / XX4 / XXX4

Fiddybux
07-07-2008, 08:14 PM
Re: Front MIP CVDs on X5 / XX4 / XXX4

Anyone know if it's possible to get hold of individual MIP CVD bones, such as the ones found in LOSA9967? They're a sort of shiny purple alloy material - broke one of mine at Belgium.

And what about the MIP1200 kit, is this only for the rear or will it fit the front too?

Finally, if the MIP1200 bones are suitable for the front of my XX4, can they be purchased in singles or pairs? I don't need all the other hardware as they'll probably last a long time.

Thanks.

bigred5765
07-07-2008, 08:32 PM
you can get them in pairs and just the dog bones
LOSA9975 in steel
LOSA9976 in alloy
never seen purple ones mate back steel and polished alloy

Fiddybux
08-07-2008, 11:07 AM
Great thanks for that info. I'll get them ordered from somewhere.

Mine have a purpley tinge to them...from a XXX-4 if I remember correctly. I'll show you sometime.

I'll stick the knackered one in my tool box so I should have it with me.

Darren Boyle
08-07-2008, 11:17 AM
From Losi you can only buy the complete CVD's they DONT sell the bones or axles as seperate parts. MIP do have limited stock of "seperates" though.

I know what you mean by "purple tinge" these are the alloy ones which are a silver/blue/purple sort of colour, the give away as well that they are the alloy ones is the bone is thicker (or strength) than on any of the steel versions

MIP1200 are for the rear only they will not fit the front of your buggy too, they are a totally different length and a lot shorter on the rear (with a longer axle)

Hope that helps

Darren

bigred5765
08-07-2008, 11:26 AM
hi Darren losi parts for the items are above, and can be found on line as separate items
http://www.losi.com/Products/Features.aspx?ProdId=LOSA9975 listed as xxx4 spares

Darren Boyle
08-07-2008, 01:17 PM
Listing them and getting them are two different things though plus the alloy ones which Fiddybux referred to was what I was on about, Losi list the complete set but not the the alloy bones to replace them (the purple,silver polished 'ish things we talked about on here)

bigred5765
08-07-2008, 02:08 PM
LOSA9976 in alloy
see if you can use this number its in current stock from losi online but as u say finding number and getting stock 2 different things

losixxx
08-07-2008, 02:20 PM
losa9975 horizon uk don't have them in stock and havent for a while, however horizon usa do have them in stock and horizon uk can get them in usually within a week or 2 if ordered via a shop

bigred5765
08-07-2008, 03:19 PM
and the alloy ones from there site info losa9976 just checked it seems liso uk are dropping the ball as of late

Chrislong
08-07-2008, 07:51 PM
Hey Russ,
Check the axle, where the pin rubs on the slot of the ball - if that makes sense. If that edge is not flat, then you ought to buy the full wishbone kit mate.

if you just need bones, then the ones you have can be redrilled, although they do not spin as well due to the pivot points not alligning at both ends. You will need a jig to do this, so if you don't know anyone that has one - you'll need to buy a jig.

The driveshaft you broke at Belgium was an alloy one mate, I remember it as I picked it up for you. If you want a longer life bone, go for steel.

Chris

sparrow.2
09-07-2008, 07:43 AM
If you want a longer life bone, go for steel.

Chris

The Shlong has spoken! :woot:

Chrislong
09-07-2008, 08:52 AM
Ha ha,
hey Sparrow, who are you? I know you were at Belgium but I don't think I worked out who you are, sorry. :blush:

sparrow.2
09-07-2008, 09:27 AM
We had a chat about your X5 during prizegiving. I asked you why you had a gaping hole in your transmission cover where the antenna holder sits :)

Fiddybux
09-07-2008, 10:35 AM
Hey Russ,
Check the axle, where the pin rubs on the slot of the ball - if that makes sense. If that edge is not flat, then you ought to buy the full wishbone kit mate.

if you just need bones, then the ones you have can be redrilled, although they do not spin as well due to the pivot points not alligning at both ends. You will need a jig to do this, so if you don't know anyone that has one - you'll need to buy a jig.

The driveshaft you broke at Belgium was an alloy one mate, I remember it as I picked it up for you. If you want a longer life bone, go for steel.

Chris

Cheers Chris...it was you who saved my battered X5 yes! What a crap days racing I had that day.

Missed two heats due to technical issues with some cells working and others not...and only did one of the three finals. Started drinking early that day I can tell you!

AmiSMB
09-07-2008, 11:49 AM
Lesro spoke to Horizon and have got some MIP front steel bones in stock as I was worried that I would break some whilst I was in Belgium. Most of my breakages were done during practice with the X-5 ( 2 shock towers, 1 front wishbone, 2 bent very old style MIP alu driveshafts, 1 rear wing) but I was amazed that I did not break anything on the X-6 at all!

Fiddybux
09-07-2008, 01:14 PM
I was amazed that I did not break anything on the X-6 at all!

They do seem tough as old boots don't they.