PDA

View Full Version : new tm2

mgdannyk
13-02-2013, 12:54 PM
ive just ordered a tm2:) , i was going to wait to see if the price came down a bit £240 is a bit steep imo:cry:, anyway what needs to be done to make it reliable i've heard storys of spur problems ,can you use tc02 spurs?, does it use 2wd rear arms or are they 4wd, does the kit come with diff oil? , and will it make me a world champion by easter:p

cheers danny

StevenBest
13-02-2013, 12:59 PM
will it make me a world champion by easter:p

Yes:D

Gordonm
13-02-2013, 01:29 PM
Hi- Uses 4wd spur- problems are sorted by using Toms mod (see previous posts) or possibly the new white version on here.Durango also fit.. 4wd rear wishbones, but TC02 will fit with hubs..kit standard seem fine tho'..
Kit comes with 1000 diff oil (ok) and shock oil
World champ?-If it's run on Astro then no problem!!,
Don't think you'll regret it
Best of luck..Gord

john333
13-02-2013, 01:36 PM
Also the team c black coloured spur is a big improvement. I've had one in for quite a while with no wear whatsoever.

mgdannyk
13-02-2013, 02:19 PM
thanx or your replys:thumbsup:
i will be racing on carpet, and then the world:D

welshmerlin
13-02-2013, 02:39 PM
ive just ordered a tm2:) , i was going to wait to see if the price came down a bit £240 is a bit steep imo:cry:, anyway what needs to be done to make it reliable i've heard storys of spur problems ,can you use tc02 spurs?, does it use 2wd rear arms or are they 4wd, does the kit come with diff oil? , and will it make me a world champion by easter:p

cheers danny

Order a 85T black spur from the T4 or X4 (part No. TR4027) as the kit Kevlar one won’t last 2 nights of racing.

Also change the rear axle roll pins with cut down body clips as these can fail too.

The rest of the car has been very reliable so far.

Smartalec
13-02-2013, 06:13 PM

cheers danny

Hi Danny
Not sure what you are comparing the car to price wise but i can tell you that you will get a top spec racing kit of excellent quality. Ask anyone who has already been lucky enough to purchase one and they will confirm how well it drives. The spur problem you have heard of is easy to rectify with the purchase of the black plastic T4 spur although there are plenty of people who haven't had a problem with the kit one. The rear wishbones are from the 4wd T4 car. The kit comes with 1000wt diff oil and the TC02 spurs do not fit.
PM me if you need any help with set ups etc.
Alec

DerbyDan
15-02-2013, 12:15 PM
The RRP cost of this buggy I feel is comparable to other kits on the market - but it looks especially attractive when you consider all the carbon & alloy bits that are included.... not to mention the included geared diff.

There is only other car on the market that has a similar layout (londitudinally mounted motor) & that requires you to buy two doner cars along with a conversion kit - in this case the TM2 looks very attractive indeed!

Just can't wait to get mine when the second batch arrives!:)

P.S - @ Welshmerlin - I believe it is your white bodyshell that I have borrowed? I hope you don't mind me hanging onto it for a little while longer?

mgdannyk
15-02-2013, 12:53 PM
My argument is that the car is basically a cross breed with 2wd front and 4wd rear with a carbon chassis, I don't mind the price but I thought it would come with all the alloy upgrades and carbon towers, this car is supposed to be top spec but there's only a few top spec bits, no doubt later in the year they will bring a team edition out and put another £100 on top

john333
15-02-2013, 12:54 PM
Plus we at SMD team c are getting some mega impressive times on low grip surfaces as well as high grip carpet, this car has the makings of being an all time great!

welshmerlin
15-02-2013, 01:24 PM
The RRP cost of this buggy I feel is comparable to other kits on the market - but it looks especially attractive when you consider all the carbon & alloy bits that are included.... not to mention the included geared diff.

There is only other car on the market that has a similar layout (londitudinally mounted motor) & that requires you to buy two doner cars along with a conversion kit - in this case the TM2 looks very attractive indeed!

Just can't wait to get mine when the second batch arrives!:)

P.S - @ Welshmerlin - I believe it is your white bodyshell that I have borrowed? I hope you don't mind me hanging onto it for a little while longer?

No problem Dan