PDA

View Full Version : Grip Roll

Jamesalex
08-07-2008, 09:52 PM
How have you been able to get over grip roll

I have way to much and already taken two rings of spikes off the front tires.

I run a max mamba brushless unit, lipo saddle pack, and ballistic green tires, run on grass with firm ground under it

Any ideas on where to start or how to sort this would be great.

Thanks in advanced

sparrow.2
08-07-2008, 10:50 PM
You can try lots of things. Laying the shocks down some, harder springs, roll-bar, slowing down for the corners ;), less downtravel on the shocks etc.

Have a look through the stup links and see if there is one for your type of track and work from there.

telboy
09-07-2008, 08:55 AM
What springs do you run? The HB springs are really soft and it may be worth getting some losi springs.

What ride height do you run?

Have a look here http://www.hbeurope.com/setups.php?partNo=61410&lang=en theres a few set ups on there for grass.

ryan
09-07-2008, 10:41 AM
If the track is dry you will want to be running Shumacher Yellows, Ballistic Buggy greens are genearlly used when it is wet. If this doesnt get rid of it completely try:

Harder front springs, as telboy said try some losi springs. Try Losi green fronts and red on the rear.

Heavier front oil / Smaller pistons.

Ryan

mes
09-07-2008, 02:29 PM
Try this!
http://www.rceasy.com/2008/06/16/hot-bodies-cyclone-d4-sway-bar-set/

Jamesalex
09-07-2008, 05:16 PM
Thanks for the replies guys I have set the car up to a few of the set ups already will start looking and shock oil and springs next I should get some more sway bars this week too.

sosidge
09-07-2008, 08:26 PM
How have you been able to get over grip roll

I have way to much and already taken two rings of spikes off the front tires.

I run a max mamba brushless unit, lipo saddle pack, and ballistic green tires, run on grass with firm ground under it

Any ideas on where to start or how to sort this would be great.

Thanks in advanced

You don't give any info about your setup but I'm going to make a few assumptions...

- You have a Mamba Max - that suggests you are a SPEED FREAK! - so slow down a bit before trying to steer

- Lipo packs are a lot lighter than the NiMH the car was designed for, the lighter weight and change in weight distribution (effectiveley further forward) will make the car less stable and more sensitive to steering inputs. Try to ballast the car back up to NiMH weight distribution again.

- Are you running on a prepared track or running for fun? I'm guessing you run for fun. And I'll double-guess that you have jacked the suspension up really high? This will also cause grip roll as you will have no droop left so the wheels will start to leave the ground really easily. Try a ride height as suggested in the HB setups on the Mirage site, probably dogbones level is a good start.

HTH

Jamesalex
14-07-2008, 11:33 AM
Ok for the ride height on buggies where do you measure ''from'' aka setup board to chassis or from setup board to driveshafts?

ben
14-07-2008, 11:37 AM
Ok for the ride height on buggies where do you measure ''from'' aka setup board to chassis or from setup board to driveshafts?

Usually on most cars you would set the rear driveshafts level first then set the front so chassis is level.

ben