PDA

View Full Version : TM2 Spure noise?

mgdannyk
18-02-2013, 11:11 PM
anyone elses spure really noisy and car doesnt freewheel??:bored:

DrPaul
18-02-2013, 11:18 PM
Check the posts about spur gears. Do you have the white gear? If so some people have been suffering various issues & there are various options out there. Various mods for the slipper or I have spur gear on test which is a direct replacement which will be available by the end of the week. Not sure what you mean by it won't free wheel?

mgdannyk
18-02-2013, 11:31 PM
its aif heres a big rock jaming the gears, does anyone know what is cousing the noise

john333
18-02-2013, 11:59 PM
Sounds like your mesh is too tight to me.

DrPaul
19-02-2013, 12:35 AM
Ah OK, suggest you strip the diff and make sure everything is rotating correctly inside. Then when you put the diff into the housing make sure the main gear runs smooth against the small (pinion) gear thats joins the drive shaft to the slipper.

Check this video it may help.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPwRsEhYYug

mattr
19-02-2013, 06:21 AM
its aif heres a big rock jaming the gears, does anyone know what is cousing the noiseCheck there are no big rocks jamming the gears?

(Seriously, i had a massively noisy spur/pinion that was caused by some grit wedged into the spur. Found it, flicked it out with a pick and the noise went away.)

Philim
19-02-2013, 11:00 AM
Check that when you put the spur cover back it is prpoerly alligned with the pleastic cover holding the spur gear. It is fairly flexible and i accidentilly secured it against the spur.