PDA

View Full Version : JConcepts wheels on D4

Billy
11-07-2008, 09:35 AM
How do you fit the JConcepts wheels on the D4 like Travis at the worlds?

Do you only use the pin with a certain amount shims for the rear and the losi adaptors for the front tah HB have as optional???:eh?:

Or you need the B44 hex (part no. 9750) for the front? Does the HB pin fit correctly, or do I need a shorter one?

Any ideas regarding the different offset? I have to make tests if I manage to fit them!

mes
11-07-2008, 12:47 PM
Isn't there a conversion kit for using Associated/Losi-style wheels?

Billy
11-07-2008, 12:55 PM
Isn't there a conversion kit for using Associated/Losi-style wheels?

Yes there is, for the front though and it is mentioned as conversion for Losi wheels, so do Losi front wheels use the same hex as the Associated ones?

And what about the rear?

jim76
11-07-2008, 01:18 PM
the rear takes associated/Losi wheels straight on. There are shims included in the kit that go on behind the pin, and you obviously leave the hex off.
I have no idea about the front though

Billy
11-07-2008, 02:41 PM
the rear takes associated/Losi wheels straight on. There are shims included in the kit that go on behind the pin, and you obviously leave the hex off.
I have no idea about the front though

You are right! The rear fit absolutely fine if you take of the hex and use the shims supplied with the kit, that is their use anyway, but I had missed that part!

As for the fronts, I will test some losi hexes and will see. If they do not fit I will get the conversion kit from HB.

I think I will be fine with my new wheels!

Thanks for unblocking my mind!

ryan
11-07-2008, 03:52 PM
I am running the B44 hex on the front of my d4 and this allows for all wheels of the losi hex fitment to be used. If you run the losi/HB hex you cannot run the AE wheels without it rubbing on the hub, im not sure about the JC wheels though.

bjcaldwe
11-07-2008, 06:49 PM
I think I recall the JC wheels being the same in the area of the hex.

Mike Hudson
12-07-2008, 12:22 AM
you need associated hex's for the jc or ae front wheels

Scott Olenik
23-07-2008, 08:30 PM
I tried using a losi front hex adapter it is too thin. The wheel nut wouldn't tighten down far enough. B44 hexes work fine for the losi and the AE wheels.

Stuvon
24-07-2008, 12:15 PM
I'm using the Hotbodies Losi hex conversion and have no problems with the J concpets wheels!

Billy
28-07-2008, 01:08 PM
Ok! Got the wheels and associatex hex together with the pins from my old spare parts from a B3 and they fit perfectly.

I'm not sure though of the front offset by using associated hex and also at the rear wheels, if you tighten too much, the pin on the axle is pressed in the wheel and then the wheel rubs to the carrier.

Just need some really good checking on how much to tighten the rear wheels, in order not to damage the wheel and also keep it on the car for the full 5 minute race!

It looks great in these white JConcepts wheels! Can't wait for the new body to reach the stores!

I will post some pics in the future, as soon as I get a new camera, cause the one I had is now a submarine somewhere in the mediteranean sea!:thumbsup: