PDA

View Full Version : Winter Series Rd4 (Supported by X-Factory UK) - 3rd March

AmiSMB
27-02-2013, 12:18 PM
This weekend sees the postponed round 4 of the TORCH Winter series. The weather looks cold but dry so should be a great one. I have made changes to the www.torchracing.org.uk and www.torchracing.co.uk websites so we should now get results and racing dates up as soon as we can after race meetings. See you Sunday.

Matt Butcher
27-02-2013, 01:19 PM
Hope its dry so i can blow the dust off my RB6 :)

Briangb
27-02-2013, 02:01 PM
Hope its dry so i can blow the dust off my RB6 :)
You're lucky. Been draining water out of mine for most of the winter:lol:
The forecast for Sunday is dry.That will be a change.
Looking forward to it though. First proper meeting with my RB6 in the dry.

AmiSMB
27-02-2013, 05:59 PM
I am hoping that I might actually be able to try some BB whites before the end of the winter series!

AmiSMB
27-02-2013, 06:01 PM
Do not forget that you can pre book into this event. To do this Click HERE (http://www.dmsresults.co.uk/)

TARTMAN
28-02-2013, 10:55 PM
really, Dry? damn....... not got any dry BB's lol. didnt think we needed them for the winter haha

OK, well. some shopping in order.

will you have some whites there if i need them guys?:)

jaywestwood
01-03-2013, 03:20 PM
really, Dry? damn....... not got any dry BB's lol. didnt think we needed them for the winter haha

OK, well. some shopping in order.

will you have some whites there if i need them guys?:)

Steve usually has some tyres forsale track side.. Hopefully will be the case as a few people are needing some BB's

Crazy L
01-03-2013, 07:22 PM
Who's taking their Trucks?

Superstar
01-03-2013, 09:15 PM
Just checking and I know it was half mentioned above but will there be tyres for sale trackside? Dont have any BB so need some!

Looking forward to a full days racing, been a long winter trying to adjust to you crazy southern folk racing outdoors all year round :p

Think iv cracked it though. Flask, two pairs of jeans, 2 t shirts, jumper, coat and gloves. Then on special occasions I get the old transmitter muff out :lol:

hotrodchris
01-03-2013, 09:55 PM
Gents there will be burger van on site sunday also Steve has plenty of bb rears but limited supply of 4wd fronts

Kosmickid
01-03-2013, 10:23 PM
Gents there will be burger van on site sunday also Steve has plenty of bb rears but limited supply of 4wd fronts

Ill be popping down Sunday just to watch. I guess I'd be able to pick up some BB greens, how will I find who Steve is?

shaun m
01-03-2013, 11:27 PM
Ill be popping down Sunday just to watch. I guess I'd be able to pick up some BB greens, how will I find who Steve is?
i'm sure steve will be in race control , otherwise someone will point you in the right direction .. :)

Superstar
02-03-2013, 11:15 PM
what time is kick off tomorrow? I know its late but Iv totally forgot if its earlier than usual on a winter series meeting.

jamiekerr14
02-03-2013, 11:21 PM
most arrive for 8ish

Superstar
02-03-2013, 11:49 PM
most arrive for 8ish

Thanks!

Kosmickid
03-03-2013, 01:52 AM
Is ita half day meeting?

badger5
03-03-2013, 06:33 AM
No, it's an all day event. Normal Sunday is normally finished by 1-2 O clock but this is the last round of the winter championship.

jamiekerr14
03-03-2013, 04:54 PM
No, it's an all day event. Normal Sunday is normally finished by 1-2 O clock but this is the last round of the winter championship.

17th March is the last round ;) :)

AmiSMB
03-03-2013, 05:41 PM
My day started badly in 2wd but thanks to Shaun McFarland for the loan of some parts from his DEX-210 helped make my day. I had some really good close racing with Mr Baker sorry Barker (still carrying on from Maritime!!) in both classes, Dave O'Brien in 4wd and Josh Rose in the 2wd A final which was really good. Well done to everyone involved for making it a really good days racing. Really makes a difference not having any rain! Much more pleasurable.

The results are up for this round on the website. You can view them directly by Clicking here (http://www.torchracing.co.uk/results.aspx). Apologies for the series results but the software is really behaving badly on this so you will have to wait till tomorrow till I can get these sorted and up.

shaun m
03-03-2013, 06:03 PM
My day started badly in 2wd but thanks to Shaun McFarland for the loan of some parts from his DEX-210 helped make my day. I had some really good close racing with Mr Baker sorry Barker (still carrying on from Maritime!!) in both classes, Dave O'Brien in 4wd and Josh Rose in the 2wd A final which was really good. Well done to everyone involved for making it a really good days racing. Really makes a difference not having any rain! Much more pleasurable.

The results are up for this round on the website. You can view them directly by Clicking here (http://www.torchracing.co.uk/results.aspx). Apologies for the series results but the software is really behaving badly on this so you will have to wait till tomorrow till I can get these sorted and up.

no worries grant , i'm glad it helped you run your 210 , oh and thanks again for fixing my 210 ( you did'nt have to do that !! :thumbsup: ) but it was a great meeting as always , and was pleased to make the A-final in 4wd , but the nerves got the better of me :cry: , but overal quite pleased with the car :thumbsup:

hazeandfizz
03-03-2013, 06:05 PM
Thank you! Think this Baker thing is going to stick!!

Great meeting today guys, well done again to the Torch Team, loved the track layout. As ever some super close racing all done with a smile on our faces, just as it should be.

Thanks,
James BaRker.

hotrodchris
03-03-2013, 06:12 PM
Super quick Grant spot on!

dibble34
03-03-2013, 06:30 PM
Cheers for getting the results up so quickly grant :thumbsup:

Really enjoyed the racing today with you and baker/barker or whatever he's called :lol:

Briangb
03-03-2013, 07:57 PM
Thanks to all the committee for running a super smooth event as always. Track was very good, but boy was it cold.
I was pleased with my increase in speed, but alas, at the cost of consistency. I will blame that on the temperature, as it was quite uncomfortable on the rostrum. Must try and concentrate a bit better.
Thanks to all my awning buddies, Mark, Dave, Jamie for a great day.
Looking forward to 2 weeks time.
Good luck to all the TORCH members competing in Regionals at Silverstone next week.

Kosmickid
03-03-2013, 08:47 PM
I popped down for a bit today to have a look and the racing looked awesome, can't wait to get started. Is there anyway of practising there first as I've never run offroad before or should I just enter the next meeting and just hope I don't launch the car into the pits at the first turn? :D

AmiSMB
03-03-2013, 08:59 PM
Hi, best thing to do if you need more practice is to run your car in a field or park to get a bit more used to it and just enter a meeting and see how you get on, maybe try some of the half day meetings held most Sundays first before going into the deep end in an all day race. The marshalls are always on the track to get your car back on :-)

Kosmickid
03-03-2013, 09:19 PM
Hi, best thing to do if you need more practice is to run your car in a field or park to get a bit more used to it and just enter a meeting and see how you get on, maybe try some of the half day meetings held most Sundays first before going into the deep end in an all day race. The marshalls are always on the track to get your car back on :-)

Doh! Gods idea, why didn't I think of that?! I may sneek into my local 5 a side court, which is carpet type astro and give it a run. When's the next half day meeting? Does the club have a transponder I could borrow? ;)

AmiSMB
03-03-2013, 10:32 PM
Every Sunday is a half day unless advertised as one of the all day championship rounds.There are club handout transponders but that may change when the club moves over to the newer AMB/MyLaps rc4 decoder. We are a friendly lot and we will help you out.

Kosmickid
05-03-2013, 06:49 PM
Ok guys, got the final bits for my car today, so hopefully if the assembly and installation of the ESC from my tc goes ok, I'll be racing Sunday. What do I need to enter/pay etc? #mobilechicane

hotrodchris
05-03-2013, 07:35 PM
No pre booking needed just turn up and pay when you bookin.

hazeandfizz
07-03-2013, 09:10 PM
Grant,

How we getting on with the overall standings then:thumbsup:

Cheers,
James.