PDA

View Full Version : LDA is now closed

ahhseeten
28-02-2013, 02:07 PM
I don't think RC racing is quite the same as it once was. I've learned that the hard way. I thought a new club in the NW would have been popular. I would have bet on it - in fact I did - plenty of my own hard earned on equipment and hall hire. But I now believe I was wrong. For whatever reason anything tried has failed. Everything from a great little track at Croston to a nice big dirt track at Barton, nothing has generated enough interest. Consequently I have had to cancel the last 2 meetings after receiving confirmed entries of 3 and 12 respectfully. Not enough to cover costs and certainly not enough to host a reasonable meeting with a few full heats. It is unreasonable to keep cancelling the equestrian centre as they could use the time for other activities. I am therefore in the position now where I can't cancel any more meetings due to that and I can't get enough racers to fill one heat. Bad combination... The decision has therefore been taken away from me and regrettably LDA Will have to close. This includes the regional event and the Grand Prix. All prepaid entries will be refunded into their PayPal accounts on Sunday.

I'd like to thank everyone who has supported me along the way, in particular Andy Cottom who never missed a race and Steve James who has been very helpful all along.

Everything listed below is for sale

AMB R3 decoder with timing wire
Rc-timing software CD
300m of yellow 4" flex pipe
10 marshalling cones
10 yellow bibs
2 heavy rubber hairpin curb blobs
2 large loud speakers
Wooden timing loop bridge

The decoder will be listed on eBay soon and I will be taking offers for each of the other items. Offer can be made by emailing me on mark.g.smith147@gmail.com

morpheus2010
28-02-2013, 05:51 PM
Must be heartbreaking for you Mark after all the effort you personally have put in to give people more and different RC racing in the North West :cry:

V6Jim
28-02-2013, 08:19 PM
Aww Mark no!

I was so looking forward to the GP on the 17th! I understand what you're saying though, it's tough getting a club up and running.

If I thought I could change your mind, I would try, but it looks like you've already decided.

Regards,

Jimmy Hamilton