PDA

View Full Version : Winter Series Rd5 (Supported by X-Factory UK) - 17th March

mikeyscott
12-03-2013, 03:16 PM
Don’t forget Round 5 of the TORCH Winter series supported by X-Factory UK is on 17th March

This is an all day meeting and run on control tyres – Ballistic Buggy tyres on driven axles. Think most have found Greens in the wet/damp and whites in the dry have worked really well.

4 qualifiers and one final for all

Track should be open from around 08:00 for free practice.

hotrodchris
13-03-2013, 07:46 AM
If the weather changes and i can sort some cover out for me for the sunday i will be there if not just a brief appearance in the am.

Spoore86
13-03-2013, 08:26 PM
Looking forward to having my arse annihilated!!!!

Guys any suggestions on cheap batteries as I assume you'll be monitoring this? The issue I have is Gens Ace saddles won't be in till mid April :cry: and I only have one BRCA battery. In aid of trying to practice would I be able to join just not count if I use my spare turnigy? :confused:

Appreciate your help

Sam

hotrodchris
14-03-2013, 07:23 AM
During our normal meetings as long as the batteries are hard case and in good condition you will be ok, it is only Regionals and above that the BRCA control is enforced so come down and enjoy yourself.:thumbsup:

Spoore86
14-03-2013, 07:57 PM
Legend!!! Thank you so much!

Kosmickid
15-03-2013, 12:09 AM
Weather permitting, can I pop down and race this Sunday? I'm a complete noob. I take it's an all day meeting?

AmiSMB
15-03-2013, 09:29 AM
No problem in you coming down. It may be an all day meeting but ALL are very welcome!

RobW
15-03-2013, 09:30 AM
Weather permitting, can I pop down and race this Sunday? I'm a complete noob. I take it's an all day meeting?

Hi

You are very welcome to race this Sunday. It is an all day meeting so you'll get even more track time which is what you need most to start with.

Make sure you let someone in race control know this is your first meeting so they can answer any queries you have. Please don't hestitate to ask questions or for assistance, we are a mostly:lol: crowd who are all happy to help.

Have fun

Rob

RobW
15-03-2013, 09:31 AM
Grant beat me to it!!

AmiSMB
15-03-2013, 04:05 PM
Just to let everyone know that I have also published the series results after R4. was a bit of a problem but have sorted out a way of doing it now. Click here (http://www.torchracing.co.uk/results.aspx) to view.

Matt Butcher
15-03-2013, 04:59 PM
Just to let everyone know that I have also published the series results after R4. was a bit of a problem but have sorted out a way of doing it now. Click here (http://www.torchracing.co.uk/results.aspx) to view.

How comes some peoples avg lap times are faster than their best lap times?? am i missing something here :bored:

Cammers
15-03-2013, 05:28 PM
If your looking at final results it is because the first lap is short. I think.

Matt Butcher
15-03-2013, 07:30 PM
That's it! Silly me!.... Thanks

RobW
15-03-2013, 07:36 PM
Don't forget we are holding our end of series raffle sponsored very generously by Darren at X-Factory UK.:thumbsup: Lots of great prizes. Details on the day.

All drivers will receive one ticket on booking in and more will be available to buy on the day.

Cheers

Rob

Kosmickid
16-03-2013, 12:38 AM
Thanks guys. Please don't rain, please don't rain :D

TARTMAN
16-03-2013, 11:22 AM
Preying for not to much rain. checked the weather and not looking good.

When will a decision be made regarding the meeting. today or in the morning. long trip if its cancelled :thumbdown::confused::cry::cry::cry:

Bernie_W
16-03-2013, 11:36 AM
Sunday

Occasional bright or sunny intervals but often cloudy with showers, and perhaps some longer spells of rain, and perhaps a little snow on the high ground. Rather cold. Less windy.

Lets hope it bypasses us

Bernard

hotrodchris
16-03-2013, 02:03 PM
Just got back from doing some work on the track this morning and as normal it dealt with last night and this mornings down pours exceptionally well, as soon as the sun came out it started drying well so with only showers forecast all should be good for the morning.:thumbsup:

Kosmickid
16-03-2013, 02:38 PM
Does the track have drainage as such so when it rains it doesn't hold much surface water? I've never raced on AstroTurf before

jamiekerr14
16-03-2013, 03:39 PM
Good to hear Chris! :thumbsup:

Sorry I was unable to pop down..had the hard task of going with dad to pick up his 458... I offered to join as someone had to do it! :thumbdown: :lol:

hotrodchris
16-03-2013, 06:18 PM
But did he let you. Drive Jamie?

SteveB
16-03-2013, 08:48 PM
Guys we are all scheduled for a meeting tormorow with end of season trophies and raffle to present? Remember we have a covered rostrum and the weather is not guaranteed what it can exactly do!! but we will aim to run as long as health and safety is good and the cars do not swim lol

See you tomz

hotrodchris
16-03-2013, 09:08 PM
Plenty of hot drinks and food on site with a burger van booked for tomorrow so lets all so RACING???????????????????:thumbsup:

TARTMAN
17-03-2013, 06:38 AM
on my way, prey for dry, rain, you can do one, seriously!

hazeandfizz
17-03-2013, 06:05 PM
Thanks for another great meeting today guys, such close racing.

Track held up well under such poor conditions. Looking forward to the Summer Series and some sun!

Well done Brown brothers on the series wins.

Cheers,
James.

AmiSMB
17-03-2013, 06:25 PM
All of the results are now up for the final round that ran today. Shame the end of the Winter season was so wet but had some really great close racing. Hopefully the summer series will be better. I might be able to break out the shorts again!

Click here (http://www.torchracing.co.uk/results.aspx) to view all the results.

DHB
17-03-2013, 06:55 PM
Thanks for another great meeting today guys, such close racing.

Track held up well under such poor conditions. Looking forward to the Summer Series and some sun!

Well done Brown brothers on the series wins.

Cheers,
James.

Cheers James, least we got some racing in today. Hope your journey home was not to bad mate.

Dan

DHB
17-03-2013, 06:59 PM
All of the results are now up for the final round that ran today. Shame the end of the Winter season was so wet but had some really great close racing. Hopefully the summer series will be better. I might be able to break out the shorts again!

Click here (http://www.torchracing.co.uk/results.aspx) to view all the results.

Good work fella, but please on a health and safety note. Leave the shorts at home. :p

wylie
17-03-2013, 09:12 PM
Top work by the club for the winter series.
Tony.