PDA

View Full Version : THE PLAYERS - BUMP UP, 23rd & 24th March!!

jimmy
12-03-2013, 09:01 PM
http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/misc/news/players2013reminder.png (http://www.oople.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=1881)

A reminder that famous 'The Players' race is in less than 2 weeks time - and instead of the usual 'Reedy' format, this time the guys have come up with a clever BUMP UP system. The usual high quality Worksop track, timing by BBK and Muzzy on the mic.

Last minute entries can be sorted out NOW by contacting event organiser Mark 'Muzzy' Musgrove directly via PM on here. Just visit THIS LINK (http://www.oople.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=1881), or click the image above to PM your entry details.

We will be there to support the event and hand out some oOple goodies - along with some great coverage. So come race against some of the best drivers around on one of the best indoor venues around.

mark christopher
12-03-2013, 09:11 PM
the meeting will also be running (if min numbers atre met) a heat or more of short course and Micro buggies

muzzy
13-03-2013, 01:13 PM
Ok everyone, had quite a number of messages asking for more information with regards to the Players event so here is all of the relevant information that you might need:

The venue address is:
North Notts Community Arena, Eastgate, Worksop, Notts. S80 1QT.

There will be NO practice on the Friday night, the doors for the track will be open from 7AM Saturday morning and the same for Sunday morning. There will be 1 round of practice for everyone in heat order each day.

This years format is totally different to previous years and 2wd 1/10th Buggies will run Saturday and then Sunday will be 4wd 1/10th Buggies along with 2wd and 4wd SC trucks and also Micro Buggies if there is at least enough for a complete heat.

The track will be changed slightly from Saturday to Sunday so therefore if you can't make both days then don't think you shall be at a disadvantage because it will be different.

Tyres for the 1/10th buggies are controlled with the Schumacher Yellow Mini Pin tyre being used all around. The tyres for both the SC trucks and Micro buggies are Open but we recommend again the Schumacher Yellow Mini Pin should be a good choice. Don't worry if you don't have tyres as PBM Racing will be the shop in attendance as always for anything you might need.

oOple will be at the event reporting and bbk Timing will also be at the event. This event is going to be great and I suggest you get yourself booked in if you want to come to what will be an Awesome event. There will be trophies given to the Top 3 from each class, also a trophy given to the person who manages to Bump up the most positions in each 1/10 buggy class and also as always a great raffle with several hundreds of pounds worth of prizes from our sponsors!

Mains power is provided, but please bring your own extension lead, table and chair and you shall have a great time.

There is also a great bar and cafe area within the venue so you will be fine for any food or drinks you require.

Full Detailed info of how it will all work:

Forget about having to make the top 10 in qualifying to have a chance of winning the event. One of the best things about Rallycross is coming to Worksop Indoor Racing!

Bump Up!

Qualifying runs as normal and once it is complete you get seeded into sub finals. If you make the top 3 in your sub final you get promoted to the next level. It is possible to start at the bottom and bump all the way to the main final. After your sub final you have about 15 minutes to get ready for your next race. Unlike qualifying you don’t marshal the next race, you get a friend (BRCA Member) to marshal for you in your race. You will have to return the favour to your friends. Worksop is classed as a low grip surface so a 5 minute race won’t take a lot out of your cells. With two sets you should be able to power your way through as many bump ups as you can manage.

This is the format used in the big Rallycross races like the Euros, Worlds and of course the NEO. With the NEO running in August this year we welcome any Rallycross racers who fancy an off road bump up race in the warm!

The details.
The entry is open to 130 drivers in 2wd on Saturday and 120 drivers in 4wd on Sunday. There will be 1 round of practice and 5 rounds of qualifying. Using Round Points 3 from 5 with a bonus point for TQ in Round.

Taking the overall qualifying list the odd position drivers (1,3,5…) will go to the A stream and the even position drivers (2,4,6…) will go to the B stream. The first 7 in the A stream will go to the A Semi Final, the next 7 to the A Quarter Final and so on. The same for the B stream. The Finals start with the lowest A stream sub final followed by the lowest B stream sub final. When you bump up you stay in your stream so you always have one final between races if you bump.

The top three bump up from each sub final until the Semis where the first 5 in each Semi bump up. The final grid is based on the finishing times in the Semis.

After the A Semi the top 5 cars are held and released at the same time as the B Semi cars so all Finalists have equal prep time. To keep us entertained during the Final prep time we will have a Bonus Race for the bottom 10 qualifiers (that aren't in the final or course) with the bottom qualifier on pole.

All practice, heats and races will be 5 minutes plus finishing time except the Bonus Race which will be different.

Hope I've not missed anything, if I have then please just drop me a message and ask.
Look forward to seeing you all there, get booked in if you haven't already done so, great racing in the dry warm venue, what more could you want!! ;)

James
18-03-2013, 05:58 PM
5 days to go - any last minute entries PM myself or Muzzy :thumbsup:

muzzy
21-03-2013, 08:55 PM
Hi guys,
A few more entries come in during the last few hours, maybe due to the adverse weather that is coming in for the weekend, so if you haven't done so and you want to come and race at this awesome event with us then please just send me a PM and we are even taking entries in the mornings, so if you want to come last minute then please do so.
Due to very low interest unless we get more entries in both SC and Micro I'm afraid these classes will not take place this weekend and will be cancelled.
Therefore it will just be 1/10th buggies as per usual.
Team oOple will be in attendance and reporting and keeping things a little crazy I would think :woot:
So remember if you want somewhere warm and dry and a great atmosphere to race this weekend you know where to come ;) If you need convincing more just check out the awesome oOple race report from the Series here: http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/worksop24022013/
Hope to see you there, not long to go now. Who will be The Players Champions of 2013......................

chris68nufc
21-03-2013, 09:29 PM
Weathers not looking good for outdoor racing this weekend....why not do 1 more last indoor event?!!!

Looking forward to it!!

Good on the crew sorting events out like this year after year!!
Keep up the good work!

robstanway
21-03-2013, 09:33 PM
Can't wait! First time out for my new cougar!!!

Should be a great weekend!

muzzy
23-03-2013, 02:21 PM
Masssive thanks for all the efforts to everyone who has made it through the snow today and come to race at The Players 2wd event, we have racers from England, Wales, Scotland and even France!!!!
Here is a link to the results so far today if anyone wants to see them: http://mob.bbkrclive.com

We have entries still available for the 4wd event tomorrow, send me a PM through here and get booked in if you want to come and have some great racing and test yourself against some of the best drivers, or just turn up bright and early in the morning and we shall get you booked in. Another massive raffle again tomorrow and some awesome racing.

Those concerned about the snow, all of the main routes in and out of Worksop are totally clear, we have been on the main roads around the arena and all is fine also. We have been and brought some grit and the car park and drive into the arena is all now fairly clear also, so no problems.

Don't just sit at home viewing the results, get booked in tomorrow and come and have some fun ;)

R666REW
23-03-2013, 05:58 PM
cant find it?

Danny McGee
23-03-2013, 07:10 PM
No results there Muz!

Any more ideas? I wanna see how things went today

funkygrump81
23-03-2013, 07:16 PM
Click the link then choose the top box bbk live events then click on bottom box players 2013 thn just choose what you want too view by clicking the chequered flags hope this helps guys

muzzy
23-03-2013, 11:21 PM
Correct, exactly as Wayne has said is how you find the results from today.
Note you shall see the A Main was 7 minutes long, awesome domination from Neil Cragg almost lapping the field!!! Neil is the 2wd Players Champion 2013. Can he do the double & win 4wd tomorrow!!!
Hopefully see some of you there, no snow falling up here now & all roads are clear, get up here in the morning ;)

julianb
24-03-2013, 08:16 PM
Cheers to all involved for a really enjoyable days 2wd racing. Despite the man upstairs best efforts to stop us getting there, it was a rare treat to see Louth up-and-comer Mitch Fiddling bump up eleven places and find himself standing on the rostrum with some of the off-road royalty!

Thanks also to Mr Oople for letting me have a play with his quadcopter. Great fun!!

kind regards

Julian Beckett

KennyClark
24-03-2013, 08:33 PM
It was a great weekend and all the Scottish lads had a great time.
Thanks to muzzy, James and the rest of the Worksop guys.
We will be back next year.
Well worth the trip.

Andrew Twigger
24-03-2013, 08:52 PM
Absolutely huge thumbs up :thumbsup: to Muzzy, James and everyone else involved with the running of Worksop meetings, run perfectly as always. I think maybe the Players came a bit late this year, with drivers about ready for outdoors by the time this came around. Although this weekend the weather wasn't great, I think most had geared themselves towards astro practice.

Despite the disappointing turnout, the meeting was EPIC in every way and thoroughly enjoyable. Once we got our head around the thoroughly crazy bump up'ness, I thought it was really rather ace, good work guys!

I trust the winner of the dash for cash enjoyed my Cougar hub donation? You're welcome. :)

Stu
24-03-2013, 09:50 PM
The bump up business was ace, but where are my crackers?

discothesnake
24-03-2013, 11:15 PM
Yip, thanks to all involved. Really worth the trip from Scotland in crap conditions. Great meeting and will be back next year.

Cheers

orinoco
25-03-2013, 10:02 AM
Cheers to everyone who ran and arranged this meeting. I really enjoyed the racing and the 5 hour drive down was worth it. The bump up format was great, once you got your head round how it works, and I think it was so succesful the format will become more popular in the future. Will definetely be back down for more racing. Thanks again folks for a great meeting.

Stu
25-03-2013, 06:47 PM
Bump-ups were ace, Invernational Fourteen?

discothesnake
25-03-2013, 07:32 PM
Bump-ups were good fun. I bumped up in the 4wd and my car was cookin! :thumbsup:

James
25-03-2013, 08:05 PM
We're using bumpups at the proline meeting on the dirt track in may so will see how it goes on that, must admit it was a lot better than I thought it would be, really enjoyed them!

Belsten
25-03-2013, 08:38 PM
We're using bumpups at the proline meeting on the dirt track in may so will see how it goes on that, must admit it was a lot better than I thought it would be, really enjoyed them!

totally agree and I nearly owned you in 4wd mate :D

Thanks to all the Worksop crew thoroughly enjoyed the weekend again, I hope its on again for next year :cry:

rc_penguin
25-03-2013, 08:38 PM
Was well worth the drive up through the weather! Really enjoyed it. Thank you to all the Worksop crew :thumbsup: The bump up business was ace!!

rednoise
26-03-2013, 11:59 AM
Huge thanks to the Worksop crew.We frenchies have had a very nice weekend racing with all of you.
Wish to see you soon !
:thumbsup:

RogerM
26-03-2013, 12:35 PM
Just out of interest how long was there between the bump up finals and how many people had thermal issues?

I can cook dinner on my 4wd's motor after a normal run so was wondering how it all worked out.

fidspeed
26-03-2013, 12:50 PM
hi roger
My boy managed to bump up two finals in 2wd on saturday with about 8 mins between runs approx

probably not fair to compare agains 4wd but we had no problems i didnt see any others in 2wd

i think if weather had not played such a big part and more racers had attended then the breaks would have been longer but as it was it was a great format really enjoyable

again thats probably cos my boy had poor qualifying but managed to claw way back, an oppurtunity not normally available

big thumbs up to Muzzy and crew for putting on a great day out (didnt do 4wd previous engagement )

Andrew Twigger
26-03-2013, 01:02 PM
There were peltier heat sinks being used by some to get cool in time. Whereas some resorted to taking the whole car outside for as long as possible.

Certainly didn't see anyone thermal :thumbsup:

tinnylad
26-03-2013, 01:13 PM
I had no heat problems bumping up in 4wd and I lent my car for some one else to use after I'd been knocked out and there was still no heat issues. :thumbsup:

I would just like to add that we had an amazing weekend down at Worksop for the players bump up event and just wanted to thank muzzy and the crew who organised it. :D