PDA

View Full Version : Insert or no Insert

Ross
22-03-2013, 06:47 PM
How do you run your 2WD buggy, with or with an insert in the front tyre?

I've been running my DB1 at silverstone with Answer inserts and they seem fine, well sometimes it feels as though there understeer but thats just me trying to push too hard for my driving capabilitys :lol:. I'm just about to mount a new set of slim cut staggers with schey front slim inserts which seem softer, that got me thinking about not having an insert at all.

I'm not sure if it will be too edgy with no inserts.

scooterboy
22-03-2013, 07:01 PM
No inserts for me with the low profile cut staggers

Ross
22-03-2013, 07:43 PM
No inserts for me with the low profile cut staggers

I am thinking that is the future for me :lol:

InsideLineModels
23-03-2013, 08:49 AM
Hi Ross,

It's very rare to ever run inserts in the low profile staggers. Don't forget to cut the inside rim of the wheel to make it narrow.

Kev

Karting
23-03-2013, 09:04 AM
Used to run with no insert on the front of my staggers, on carpet or dry astro

'caster master
23-03-2013, 01:07 PM
Last time I was indoor racing I used low profile cut staggers without inserts on cut down wheels back to back with normal cut staggers on full wheels with the Schumacher slim inserts. The low profile tyres had been used for a full day of racing and the normal staggers were brand new. I definitely preferred the low profile tyres, they just felt more consistent and I felt like I had more feel for the car, the normal tyres almost felt as if they were just floating/gliding across the carpet.

Ross
23-03-2013, 01:44 PM
Hi Ross,

It's very rare to ever run inserts in the low profile staggers. Don't forget to cut the inside rim of the wheel to make it narrow.

Kev

Hi Kev

I've been Cutting the rim down but fitting an insert, think ill try it with out then :thumbsup:

Thanks

Ross
23-03-2013, 01:46 PM
Thanks for your help guys :thumbsup::thumbsup: