PDA

View Full Version : Proposals for buggy championships

ericd2477
24-03-2013, 11:13 AM
:confused:Proposals for buggy championships - We have some issues with just having 2wd and 4wd comps when giving out prizes and encouraging people who are improving. The 3 shields we have are engraved A,B,C not 2wd or 4wd. Continuing with 2wd and 4wd rewards the top 6 drivers all the time. If we go back to A,B,C and possibly an extra D comp it encourages competition between the less able drivers and helps keep up interest. We could still have prizes for top 2wd and 4wd but I think we should go back to the "Ability Comps" We would still continue with Under 12 and Under 16.

tisher
24-03-2013, 12:04 PM
I agree Eric doing it on the A B C way gives the lesser abilty drivers a chance of winning something :)

singin pete
24-03-2013, 01:34 PM
Eric has the interest of all the drivers at our club at heart, but you can't please all.

I like the idea of keeping the A,B,C. format, this will give lower and middle ability drivers the chance of a trophy.

The racers that will miss out are the higher ability ones that only run 2WD, they will always be in the A league but no chance of beating the 4WD drivers.

This could push them into buying 4WD or not racing at our club.

My plan would be keep the A,B,C format on ability, giving the shield to the top of each league and trophies to 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed drivers like we do now, AND give 1st 2nd and 3rd trophies to the highest placed 2WD in each league. We could do this manually if we have a list of drivers that ONLY race 2WD.

This of course will increase the cost to the club, and because we have lowered our income by means of tickets for the youngsters and opening up the membership to all. To offset the cost we could run 2 comps a year.

The leagues on the website would only show the overall standings as it would be to complicated to split them. Putting a list of 2WD drivers up is all you will need to to see were you are.

If you are someone that flits between 2 and 4WD them you will be classed as 4WD only.

I didn't have chance to speak to Eric on Friday about this so there might be a good reason not to go with this plan, if so we run with A,B,C. only.

Have a great Easter
See you on the 12th April

Peter

MattK
24-03-2013, 02:32 PM
How do u know what ability u are graded as? Is that what the roof colour in the listing indicates?
Its a tough one as the top drivers although keep winning the trophies do deserve it for being consistent.
I think it's brilliant how the youngsters are rewarded at the club, I was studying the star chart this week and is a really good idea as well as the youngster championships.
he ability grouping is good as long as u have people moving up, otherwise u end up with the same people winning all the time and also a large ability class where 70-80% of the drivers sit and have the 2wd v 4wd problem.
I don't have an answer on the championships, but what they use to do at the last club I raced at was regular club members could buy themselves a wooden blank shield through the club and then every championship they just gave out the plates stating the championship u had won or position etc... Which long-term meaJ's it's cheaper for the club and u don't end up with loads of trophys to store.
If I can remember I will bring to the next club meeting to show if anyone what's to see what I mean.

ericd2477
24-03-2013, 05:00 PM
:thumbsup:The way I calculate who goes in which group is fairly simple every week we have the list of qualifying positions I calculate an average(based on occurrences) across the last 10 events entered and then after round three of the championship draw a line at 1/3rd position and 2/3rd position of everyone who has entered in the first three rounds. After round three no one can enter the current championship. I don't think it is feasible to run two complete championships based on ability and 2wd/4wd its bad enough trying to keep track of one on the computer. But if someone else wants to run the championships feel free to volunteer.

ericd2477
24-03-2013, 07:24 PM
:thumbsup:I have made the decision for the current championship that we will continue with the 2wd and 4wd competitions. It is up to individuals to tell Race Control which championship they will be competing in. There will be no swapping in mid championship as this confuses both race control and the computer. If you wish to race a different class on a championship night it is up to you to tell race control and then you will not receive points for that round. Longer term we need to decide how we run championships because it isn't easy with the number of different prizes we award.