PDA

View Full Version : West Bridgford Winter Series

Smartalec
25-03-2013, 08:58 PM
Hi all,
I'd just like to say congratulations to Iain Mellish for driving his SMD Team C TM2 to a well deserved second place overall in the 2wd class at the West Bridgford Winter series that concluded last weekend with Iain taking first in the A at the final round.

Also excellent last round scores from John Jones who finished fourth in the A with his TM2 and Richard Yeo who finished fifth, again with the new TM2. A big well done to John Jones for also finishing sixth overall in the series.

A solid drive throughout the 4wd series saw Paul Musgrove driving his Team C T4 to a very creditable fifth overall.

Special congratulations must go to the juniors with Curtis Stain driving a fantastic series and bringing home the win with his Team C TC02C and also young Ben Smith with his TC02C coming in an excellent second overall in the series behind Curtis.

Well done to all :thumbsup:

Alec

stall4king
25-03-2013, 09:39 PM
Thanks for the kind words mate, but I think the car must take the credit....it's just a beast on grip levels like Saturday!

My end setup is below but judging by how well everyone else's Tm2's were going it's certainly not the only way to skin the proverbial cat!

Front

32.5 weight associated oil
Green CoreRc springs
Kit pistons with two holes drilled to 1.4mm
Middle hole on tower
Outer on wishbone
No droop
No spacers under front ball stud
Schumacher yellow staggers
Longest possible camber link positions

Rear

27.5 weight associated oil
Green CoreRc springs
Kit pistons
Outer hole on tower
Inner on wishbone
1.3 roll bar
Inner camber link position on tower
Inner hole on hub
Highest anti squat amount....still not sure what it comes with as kit, 0 and ?
Gear diff with 1000 oil in.....sounded like it was doffing out at some points on track though.

The car was really good :thumbsup:

Would be good to read some more thoughts and setups on the car from everyone on here : )

Ta ra for now teamies!

reg
26-03-2013, 08:03 AM
nice one lads :thumbsup:

Muzzie
26-03-2013, 01:08 PM
The T4 performed really well at West Brigdford and I have finally got a good Ďhigh gripí setup. The car was so easy to drive and I was getting quicker and quicker as the day went on.

Many Thanks to Alec for his advice on Wed night; itís amazing what sorting out droop and adding some washer will do. I wish I had this setup at the start of the series.

I also ran my TM2 and the car was amazing, I qualified 5th in the B final and finished high in the final running order. Unfortunately the timing loop failed so Iím not sure where I finished but I was 12th overall in the series.

Iíll post my TM2 setup tonight to get a comparison from you guys to see where improvements could be made.

welshmerlin
26-03-2013, 10:35 PM
Unfortunately the timing loop failed so Iím not sure where I finished

This happened to my son's TM2 there Friday night too :thumbdown:

porschesse
27-03-2013, 02:09 PM
TM2 was awesome all day at WB, shame about the loop I was on for another top 3 in round.
My wasn't that different to Iains, except I was in the middle hole on the rear shock tower and the outer on the wishbone.
I was also running 2000 weight diff oil.
Weight over the servo for me worked a treat and smoothed the on power steering out.
(ya got to tame the beast!)