PDA

View Full Version : Will this gear diff kit fit the TC02C?

Joe_K
27-03-2013, 08:45 AM
Hi guys,

I'm having a little bit of trouble with my ball diff and would dearly love to swap it out and put in a gear diff.

I've seen this kit - TU0210 - and was just wondering whether any of you guys had tried it on your TC02C?

Cheers,

Joe

john333
27-03-2013, 11:16 PM
Won't fit I'm afraid, for the rear motor car only

Joe_K
28-03-2013, 07:49 AM
Ah well, never mind, thanks for replying John. :)

Smartalec
28-03-2013, 09:06 AM
Hi mate, what problems are you having with the diff, might be able to sort it ;0)

Joe_K
28-03-2013, 09:41 AM
Hi,

Just having problems getting the diff tight enough so it doesn't slip. It's not like I'm not experienced; I've been in RC racing since the Pro Cat days.

I read about shimming it, but I can't find the shims of the right size (17 x 23 x 0.1mm?)

If you have any ideas, I'd be interested. I'd prefer a gear diff solution but it appears that's not an option for this car.

Cheers anyway,

Joe

IntegraMark
01-04-2013, 02:48 AM
what ring and balls are you using? I went with the BFast kit on mine, come with copper shims and you have the choice to use carbide or ceramic diff balls.

Joe_K
01-04-2013, 07:48 AM
what ring and balls are you using? I went with the BFast kit on mine, come with copper shims and you have the choice to use carbide or ceramic diff balls.

Hi, at the moment I'm just running the kit diff with no changes (obviously I've compressed the spring)

What is in this kit? Diff rings, balls, & shims?

Also where do you get it from? I looked on eBay, but there's a few different ones and I'm not sure which one I need?

Cheers

JezT
01-04-2013, 09:32 AM
I used to get ours direct from www.bfastrc.com. There are many options ie Balls, or Balls and Rings, etc etc. Shipping was expensive but quite quick.

IntegraMark
03-04-2013, 03:22 PM
I also got mine direct from BFast. my kit came with diff rings, copper shims, carbide diff balls, thrust washers and carbide thrust balls.

Smartalec
03-04-2013, 05:33 PM
Hi, at the moment I'm just running the kit diff with no changes (obviously I've compressed the spring)

What is in this kit? Diff rings, balls, & shims?

Also where do you get it from? I looked on eBay, but there's a few different ones and I'm not sure which one I need?

Cheers

Hi Joe, where are you based? If I'm anywhere near you I can build up a diff for you sometime no problem. As Jez said, there are many different combinations of diff and thrust balls to choose from and it an be a pain but once sorted you won't have a problem with it slipping and it will just be a case of the usual maintenance to keep it up to scratch.
Let me know where you race and I'll try and help.

Joe_K
03-04-2013, 09:01 PM
Hi Joe, where are you based? If I'm anywhere near you I can build up a diff for you sometime no problem. As Jez said, there are many different combinations of diff and thrust balls to choose from and it an be a pain but once sorted you won't have a problem with it slipping and it will just be a case of the usual maintenance to keep it up to scratch.
Let me know where you race and I'll try and help.

Hi Alec,

I live near Marlborough in Wiltshire (south of Swindon), and I race at Chippenham in Wiltshire. I've ordered some Hobao shims to see if I can shim it up so it doesn't slip.

When I raced the car at the weekend, I noticed that the diff only slipped ('barked') when accelerating from a standing start, when I was rolling it was fine.

IntegraMark
04-04-2013, 01:01 PM
if it's only from a dead stop, loosening your slipper clutch should do the trick

Joe_K
04-04-2013, 02:00 PM
if it's only from a dead stop, loosening your slipper clutch should do the trick

That would be the other issue, the slipper clutch is fully unwound as far as I dare unwind it. I've compressed the spring which helped a little but not enough. I'm going to get a normal M4 Nyloc nut and turn it round to give myself more adjustment.