PDA

View Full Version : LOSI XXX DIFF OUTDRIVES, HELP!!

extrememacko
01-04-2013, 06:54 PM
Ok so I bought a pair of diff outdrives for xxxcr, apparently, but the bearing shoulder was very long so the gearbox case can not close...

... So I buy another pair, the correct ones?.. No! This time bearing shoulder correct length but no D-shape to fit diff rings, just rounded!!!!

How many XXX outdrives are there, Gen1 Gen2 Gen-wrong whats going on????!!!!!!

Which ones do I need???

C'mon Losi experts

Frecklychimp
01-04-2013, 07:03 PM
There are a fair few variants across XXX range,

Are you 100% you own a CR?

the D shape fitting is for older XXX models, CR uses circular drive rings with copper heat soak washers

did you get a manual with it?

is the gearbox black or grey? what type driveshafts do you have?

extrememacko
01-04-2013, 07:30 PM
Its a black gearbox, this may be older type as no copper in sight! Manual long gone.

super__dan
01-04-2013, 07:33 PM
BK2 had different outdrives too I think

Frecklychimp
01-04-2013, 07:42 PM
If it hasn't got round diff rings i doubt you have a XXX CR, so buying parts for a CR will cause compatibility issues.

If you have the white 2.43:1 diff gear then you should be able to just buy a set of XXX CR drive rings (LOSA3039) and use the 'wrong' outdrives you have already bought as the gear is the same in gen1 and gen 3 gearboxes

other than that you need a pair of LOSA3073 outdrives, you should already have the aluminum tube insert that converts one from female to male.

D shape diff drive rings are LOSA3070

avoid anything other than part numbers i've listed above as they will be for other models/variants. Gen 2 is for the XXX BK2 which has a grey gear case and 2.56:1 internal ratio so has different diff parts/outdrives

extrememacko
01-04-2013, 07:54 PM
awesome advice, thank you

Frecklychimp
01-04-2013, 08:25 PM
You are welcome matey,

If you need any r/c related advice then you are definitely in the right place.

There is a Losi/TLR specific section on oOple where you will find a wealth of knowledge although XXX stuff will be well buried so the forum search function may be easier.

If you need an instruction manual then they are available online on Losi.com in support section and you can download exploded diagrams etc to help with finding part numbers.