PDA

View Full Version : Racing Sunday 7th April

TORCH
05-04-2013, 08:16 PM
Morning meeting this Sunday morning.

Relaxed meeting or testing for national, regional or summer series for those needing it.

Jonnyboy
05-04-2013, 10:15 PM
Count me in

Bernie_W
05-04-2013, 10:35 PM
I'll be there, late as normal should be there around 9.15am. If someone can book me in.

Thanks

Bernard

jamiekerr14
06-04-2013, 08:55 AM
:thumbsup:

Cant wait to try the new layout, may be my last chance at track time before Regional.

Freakypen
06-04-2013, 11:01 AM
Hello- what time does this start / finish pls?i prob couldn't get there until 9.30/10.00 just wondering if there's any point in me trying ;)

shaun m
06-04-2013, 12:37 PM
Hello- what time does this start / finish pls?i prob couldn't get there until 9.30/10.00 just wondering if there's any point in me trying ;)
hi racing normaly starts at about 9 ish , 4-5 heats and a final and it normaly finishes about 1-1.30 .. and its definatly worth the trip ..

people normaly stay on a for a bit after , to have some more fun !!

if your planning on going and will be late , i can perhaps book you in ?:)

Freakypen
06-04-2013, 04:11 PM
Thx mate spoke to Steve Beown all sorted ;)

MrMagoo
07-04-2013, 08:12 PM
Fantastic morning of racing, great to finally see the sun and run on a dry track. Shame I couldn't stay for the finals, but I ran out of time when my ride turned up!

Couple of major thanks; first up Benl, who couldn't stay to race but gave me a lift anyway. Legend. Secondly to Dan, Martin and everyone involved in the track build, love the new layout and the raised corner is a great addition.

Roll on next Sunday, let's hope we get some more good weather.

RobW
08-04-2013, 10:08 AM
Really enjoyed yesterday - the battle for the mid-field positions between John, Shaun and the two Daves and myself was pretty frantic with several qualifying battles being decided on the last lap, all very close in heat 4:thumbsup:

New corner table-top looked and drove great - track was probably a little too quick but this will be resolved with a few new features before the 4WD regional at the end of the month.

Don't forget first round of summer series next Sunday - let's hope for another dry day.

Rob

jamiekerr14
08-04-2013, 05:07 PM
Yeah have to agree top mornings racing

Loved the new layout I appreciate it was thrown together due to lack of time and so on.

My few things would be:

Jump or something before the main straight-slows the cars down and makes the straight a touch shorter too.

Re-jig of the section next too the straight that a few cars came over onto the straight causing some damage. A small bit of netting or something would work, or ideally a bit more space between the 2 areas. But I know Dan is on the case with that one :thumbsup:

There was talk of flattening the landing ramp before the table top. I thought it was fine, tbh. Its fairly easy to do, if you get it right its fast if not you have to brake hard then turn then go. I know a few people struggled on it-Including me a few times. But don't think making it easier would be better, tracks should be a challenge too.

I know the rumble bit was put together by Dan on saturday I think it worked well. But could it maybe be a bit more like the old layout-so its more of a rumble section instead of a slight bump for the cars?

Apart from that I really enjoyed it, it was a fast layout but it was a quick layout. And I know Dan has a few ideas in his noggin.

Anyway top morning again guys! ;)