PDA

View Full Version : MiD44 Conversion Kit for AE B44

l-u-k-e
25-07-2008, 01:29 PM
New to RC-Direct the MiD44 Conversion Kit for the AE B44. This conversion kit comes with: 1 main chassis, 1 rear upper deck and 1 front upper deck.
By swapping the front and rear driveshafts around and installing this conversion kit into your B44, the position of your battery and motor mount moves 20mm forward, this changes the weight balance so you have sharper and quicker steering!
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg118/l-u-k-e_photos/mid44.jpg
Team Azarashi, the company we get them from do a range of accessories from wings to 1/10 off road bodyshells. They have continued to extend their range with this fantastic piece of kit.

RC-Direct are the UK suppliers for Team Azarashi, we have bodyshells and wings for 1/10 off road racing for many different makes and models.

Here is a link... Buy Here (http://www.rc-direct.co.uk/team-azarashi-mid44-conversion-kit-b44-6-cell-p-3225.html)

beast95451
07-08-2008, 02:21 PM
Anyone bought the conversion yet? Thoughts? Opinions? Pros? Cons?
Looks very interesting, just wondering if it's worth it. Also will the Azarashi tateego body fit on this conversion?

Gaz_Stanton
07-08-2008, 05:32 PM
Was tempted, but not at that price. :thumbdown:

Northy
07-08-2008, 05:34 PM
Are you having a laugh? :o £99 :eh?:

sparrow.2
07-08-2008, 05:48 PM
Is it really just a chassis? No other bits? For that price???

Bungleaio
07-08-2008, 06:24 PM
Thats a lot of cash, it doesn't appear to be beefed up around the camber link positions. If they had been, and I hadn't got the fibre lyte top decks I might be tempted, it looks to be a good mod

tom_chang79
08-08-2008, 10:03 AM
I agree. The design and the idea seems pretty cool but at 99 pounds, it's just a little too much for me (it's about $200 USD for us yanks)...

Robbiejuk
08-08-2008, 12:06 PM
It's only 20 pounds more than buying a standard chassis and two fibrelyte top decks though. Looking forward to trying mine out :D

paul01ews
08-08-2008, 06:31 PM
Hi All, got mine a week ago and plan on getting it built up this weekend so i will update once i have had a go.
The price was high but what's cheep now days (£138.00 with shell posted!!!!)
Paul.:thumbsup:

tom_chang79
08-08-2008, 08:22 PM
Well, here in the us, the two top decks + chassis is around $100 USD, that roughly 50 bp... It's like having two chassis for us. Still, if it is a small run, I can understand why it's so costly. I don't think I can compare it with the standard chassis and braces, since AE's prices are due to mass production...

Is it just me or do the top decks seems fragile? I would expect to see some ribs between the two "fingers" on those...

l-u-k-e
16-08-2008, 12:31 PM
Just to say the "tateego" Bodyshell is said to fit(By team azarashi)!

And with the price, as someone has said its only £20 more than AE Chassis and parts, I have talked to Andy at RC-Direct, he says that it cost him alot more than he wanted to pay but for him to make a profit he had to charge this price, I hope you can understand this, and thats he isnt conning you!:p:D:thumbsup:

He only has 1 left when i last spoke to him, so if anyone else is interested order ASAP!:woot:

Luke

jpgranone
16-08-2008, 07:44 PM
Based on what I have read the update is to change the balance of the car forward. However a lipo saddle pack would do the same thing right? If nothing else is changing but he mount locations then by getting a lighter power source you can then use ballast in other places? also looking at the cost the lipo still looks better. Just my take please correct me if I am off here.

Jeff

Oliv996
16-08-2008, 08:25 PM
Hi everybody,

I'm please to hear such comments on the MiD44 conversion kit distributed by Team-Azarashi.

About the retail price of the kit on their own and as far as I'm concern, I get no cash back from Team-Azarashi so they decide the retail price with local distributors. Due to the manufacture is located in Japan, and due to small quantity produced each batch, the price seems to be unfordable for some of you especially for US guys compared with the price you can buy B44 chassis and top decks.... we have to cope with it as we have to almost pay 1 gallon of petrol the price of 1 gallon of champagne :bored: ! That' the game :(

By the way, you won't be disappointed with CF manufacture quality. Cuts are very clean according Japan standards.

Yes jpgranone, I agree with you for LiPo question. Unfortunately we (I mean in Europe) have to wait until the Lipo will be legalized. So we have to face with heavy NiMH cells and MiD44 chassis is quite well balanced with ;)

Cheers

Olivier Langlet

Robbiejuk
26-08-2008, 10:16 PM
Put mine together tonight. Went together extremely well and I was shocked about how far forward the cells and motor have moved. The carbon parts are of an excellent quality and required no filing or dremeling to make fit. They seem a lot beefier than the original B44 ones to, especially around the camber link holes.

I am very happy so far and look forward to running it at the EOS finals this weekend. One thing I was a bit dissapointed about was that there are now official Mid44 stickers, only Azarashi ones in the kit, come on olivier where can I get some mid44 stickers to show my support? :thumbsup:

Oliv996
10-09-2008, 08:45 AM
Put mine together tonight. Went together extremely well and I was shocked about how far forward the cells and motor have moved. The carbon parts are of an excellent quality and required no filing or dremeling to make fit. They seem a lot beefier than the original B44 ones to, especially around the camber link holes.

I am very happy so far and look forward to running it at the EOS finals this weekend. One thing I was a bit dissapointed about was that there are now official Mid44 stickers, only Azarashi ones in the kit, come on olivier where can I get some mid44 stickers to show my support? :thumbsup:

Hi Robbiejuk,

So how was you're EOS finals? What is your feedback now you've run your MiD44?

About stickers, send me your postal address in PM and I will do my best to send you some ;)

Olivier

Alex H
14-09-2008, 07:13 AM
@Olivier L

Have seen in the pictures on www.mid44.com (http://www.mid44.com) that you run 5 cells instead of 6. Is that optional chassis or standard? I run 5 cells also.

Alex H

Robbiejuk
15-09-2008, 12:43 PM
Hi Robbiejuk,

So how was you're EOS finals? What is your feedback now you've run your MiD44?

About stickers, send me your postal address in PM and I will do my best to send you some ;)

Olivier

Well the F2's I had a really bad day, mainly down to my driving and the fact it was the first time I had run the conversion. But yesterday at f3,f4,f5's it was brilliant to drive and i finished in the top 20. In the damp in the practice the car was really good and the extra stability helped a lot, i loved it I feel my driving skill was the only thing that stopped the car from going in the A main. But I was very happy with my B final placing.

At our last regional the weekend before i had a bad qualifying run an scraped into the A in tenth but had an awesome drive in the final to come from last to third :thumbsup:

Overall i am very happy with it. Can't wait to run it at worksop. Will PM you now for those stickers mate. Keep up the good work Olivier.:thumbsup:

Gayo
15-09-2008, 05:19 PM
@Olivier L

Have seen in the pictures on www.mid44.com (http://www.mid44.com) that you run 5 cells instead of 6. Is that optional chassis or standard? I run 5 cells also.

Alex H

I'm not 'the Brain' :lol: but I can answer. The pics are from the first prototype. All the production chassis come with 6 slots.

Belsten
15-09-2008, 06:48 PM
I too have the conversion and only my 3rd time out with it at Coventry. I was very pleased with the car. Finished 4th & 6th in legs one & three and some how finished 8th overall. Only my thumbs letting me down really :thumbsup:

Can I have some stickers too please ?

MikePimlott
15-09-2008, 06:59 PM
I too have the conversion and only my 3rd time out with it at Coventry. I was very pleased with the car. Finished 4th & 6th in legs one & three and some how finished 8th overall. Only my thumbs letting me down really :thumbsup:

Can I have some stickers too please ?

I have got to say a few of us was watching your car in the 3 legs of the A at coventry and it looked planted.

Belsten
15-09-2008, 07:02 PM
I have got to say a few of us was watching your car in the 3 legs of the A at coventry and it looked planted.

thanks mate. It felt mega and I should have had 2nd in the 1st leg. Drove like a spanner in the other 2 but the car still felt quick

Oliv996
15-09-2008, 07:56 PM
Hi,

Thank you Gayo for your input (you're faster than me on forum as you're are faster than me on tracks :confused: :lol::lol:)

I'm please to know some UK guys have twisted their B44 into MiD44 :woot:. Please post pictures of your MiD44 on MiD44 Forum (http://olivierlanglet.free.fr/forum_mid44/viewforum.php?f=7)

Here in France most of guys (they are almost 15 now) who have done so, enjoy their choice and will never switch back to B44 :yawn:

@Belsten: PM me your postal address and I will do my best for stickers ;)

Cheers

Olivier

Oliv996
17-09-2008, 05:41 AM
Have a look on French Cup oOple report (http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/frenchcup2008/index.html) :thumbsup:

A big thanks to Arnaud, Cédric, Raphaël and Chistophe for this awesome report :woot:

4times
21-09-2008, 12:19 PM
These are back in stock...I just ordered one!

rc4ever
11-10-2008, 11:23 PM
Have a look on French Cup oOple report (http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/frenchcup2008/index.html) :thumbsup:

A big thanks to Arnaud, Cédric, Raphaël and Chistophe for this awesome report :woot:

Thanks to them for this beautiful report!!

PredaTom
13-10-2008, 10:19 AM
Last round of French national championship.

5 MiD44 in A main, and 4 cars in the top5....:)

KBRacing
15-10-2008, 07:24 AM
Hi All :cool:
Got mine a to days ago and I´m on to built it, it is the first in Denmark.
Look forward to running in some testruns this winter.
One thing I was a bit dissapointed, that there are no official Mid44 stickers, only Azarashi ones in the kit……:cry:
Where to get some MID44 stickers…???

Konrad B.

Belsten
16-10-2008, 07:41 PM
Still waiting for my stickers too :cry:

enfieldbanana
22-10-2008, 09:23 PM
Hey there,

Was wondering what servo's people are running in their MID44's.

Are you going for a low profile servo to save make a little extra space for speedo and receiver?

Cheers.

A

Gayo
22-10-2008, 09:40 PM
I use a Sanwa ERG. An LP servo makes things easier, but you can use a regular one in a MiD 44 and do a neat job.

Here is the car of the runner-up at the 08 French championship, Antoine Rossetti:thumbsup:
http://webrconline.free.fr/partage/Antoine/MidToSmooth_01p.jpg

My car :
http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/9645/imgp0053ge2.jpg

You can check other neat wiring here : http://olivierlanglet.free.fr/forum_mid44/viewforum.php?f=7&sid=a3de10009d7591632e1e8d2bca882c46

enfieldbanana
23-10-2008, 09:59 PM
Thanks for the pictures dude!!!! They will be a massive help. :thumbsup:

quincey
20-11-2008, 10:25 PM
ive just got one of these chassis,has anyone else got a weird drive line kink?
the spur is slightley angled to the chassis it doesnt seem to be a problem it just looks odd:confused:
also does anyone now is it possible to get hold of seperate peices of chassis just in case i break it?

Oliv996
21-11-2008, 07:14 AM
ive just got one of these chassis,has anyone else got a weird drive line kink?
the spur is slightley angled to the chassis it doesnt seem to be a problem it just looks odd:confused:

Very strange indeed as far as I know, you may be the first one having a twisted drive line :confused:
I would suggest you to lay the MiD44 chassis on the B44 one, aligning the center bulkhead holes and try to determine which holes have been drilled oddly. And if you notice something wrong, I'm sure Team-Azarashi will manage it and send you another chassis....

also does anyone now is it possible to get hold of separate pieces of chassis just in case i break it?

Ask directly to Team-Azarashi, or if you prefer, I've one pair of brand new top decks for sale...

Belsten
21-11-2008, 08:43 AM
mine is fine

F-1
27-12-2008, 10:23 AM
hello! i want to order one mid44, what i need to buy for it?? besides original B44)

enfieldbanana
27-12-2008, 07:34 PM
Only the actual Mid44 conversation kit and a B44!!!!

Thats it!!! So simple.

You get a new chassis, top and rear deck. Everything is included dude.

Darren at DMS Racing do them. They're £99.99.

Andy

watfordtrackwarrior
02-11-2013, 09:45 AM
hi guys thought id revive this thread as ive just built up a midd 44 from my b44.1 must admit car felt ok but was not quite there needs tweeking i run at dms on Thursday nights on a tight twisty carpet track and i believe Andy Pearce aka Enfieldbannana used to run one there if you can help would be greatly appreciated