PDA

View Full Version : 3 leg finals please read.

colin76
10-04-2013, 10:40 PM
Good evening one and all, after the recent discussions and the numerous conversations via e-mail working out entry numbers, timing etc, I have come to a couple of decisions which I hope will please you all, or at least the vast majority of you. Firstly I don't want this to seem like a mid season rule change etc etc, as I have previously stated in hindsight if we had not run an open class at Holbeach we could have run 3 leg finals for all.
The entry at Holbeach for EoE drivers only was 48 running 63 buggies/sct's, which was 8 heats, so based on the theory we stay around this figure for the rest of the season I think we can run the meetings as follows.

Entry
We will limit the race entry to 90 buggies/sct's, of which there will be 20 guaranteed spaces for the Short Course class.

Booking in will close for guaranteed entries on the Monday at 12pm prior to the event. After this date if there are spaces then drivers can still enter to either the regional class or sct class until we hit the 90 car spots.

Qualifying - all classes
We will run 4 qualifying heats for all classes. If for some reason we need to cancel a round due to weather interruption's, power failure or some other circumstances, we will follow the B.R.C.A rules to determine the final qualifying positions.

Finals regional 2wd & 4wd
We will be running 3 legs for all of the 2wd & 4wd finals. If for some reason the finals get held up due to weather interruption's, power failure or some other circumstances, and we can only run 1 or 2 legs it will be the same for all finals and we will follow B.R.C.A. rules to determine the final results.

Finals SCT's
It is my intention that we will be running 3 leg finals for the SCT finals, however if we are losing time for various reasons and can complete the 3 leg regional finals by reducing the SCT finals to one leg then we will. Please remember the regional championship takes precedent over the support class.

Based on a full entry there would be 36 qualifying heats and 27 finals, meaning a grand total of 63 races. Realistically with the expected entry I estimate more around 49-56 races in total at each event.

Let's all move forward together to make the East of England section a strong and attractive championship. Please enjoy the rest of the season and the very best of luck.

Colin Parsfield

Dufty07
10-04-2013, 11:18 PM
More racin for everyone can only be a good thing,:thumbsup:

Chris Larner
11-04-2013, 12:31 AM
Sounds good as long as the days racing doesn't go on till Dark!

Smartalec
11-04-2013, 05:32 AM
Sounds like a good plan Colin, keep up the good work :)

wrighty
11-04-2013, 08:04 PM
I feel this wrong as the series has started and should now not be changed without a egm

racingdwarf
11-04-2013, 08:39 PM
I feel this wrong as the series has started and should now not be changed without a egm

I see your point, but from what I understand most of the decisions about number of rounds and final legs are up to the race director on the day. Just like round by round or FTD qualifying.BUT agree that some of the things should have been discussed at the AGM, but as I have said before I doubt anyone sitting in an EOE AGM one dark winters evening would have thought we would have been getting the high attendance numbers we are getting:woot:

longsufferinggirlfriend
11-04-2013, 08:48 PM
Forgive me for being thick but i thought the format was decided at the agm? if the numbers were unforeseen at that point, why make the decision?

racingdwarf
11-04-2013, 09:05 PM
first off, if there was a prize for the longest user name, you would be in the running:thumbsup:

Have a read of some of the other recent threads and in this section and you will see why a few changes have had to be made after the AGM took place.also bear in mind the EOE was more used to 15 to 25 drivers a meeting, things seem to have changed a bit this year.....limiting entrys would have been a good joke at an AGM in the past

longsufferinggirlfriend
11-04-2013, 09:23 PM
Believe me, i have lived this for the past couple of weeks lol!

I just think its a bit late to ask opinions when no one was consulted before :-(

I really wanted to be longsufferinggirlfriendandmother but it wouldn't fit :-( hehe

Benh
11-04-2013, 11:02 PM
Forgive me for being thick but i thought the format was decided at the agm? if the numbers were unforeseen at that point, why make the decision?

There are different elements to all this. For the purpose of clarity, i will stick to the basics.

Format 3+3 was voted in by the drivers for the drivers 3 years ago. And there are well founded reasons behind this - but let's stick to fundamentals for now.

A perfect storm brewed and Colin can be forgiven for not seeing it coming.
Storm 1:
Colin was approached with a rule breach 5 days before an event.
Colin checks the rules as it is a "grey" area.
Colin seeks clarification from the Section Chairman
Section advise him to go 4 qualy's.

Storm 2:
Meeting is held on a Mid-East supported track. Which have much higher attendance. The gates didn't come down and the numbers were high.

Storm 3:
History: The EoE region is notoriously difficult to bring together. Something we have been working very hard on. It has a history of "them and us" with regards to the Section body and conflicting approaches.

One of any of the above and there would have been a moderate breeze, but all 3 were going to upset quite a few people - depending on what group you fell into.

So back to your question. The format is fine, BUT there were things that could have been done to protect it. However, with just 5 days to go before an event Colin was pushed into a very difficult position.

Before anyone thinks this is biased - I vehemently oppose what happened the way it happened and despair at the results of what happened.

BUT

I understand why it happened and understand that Colin was not acting with selfish interest or for personal gain. He was in a tight spot, forced upon him and with very little time to respond. He had to make a call and did. AGAIN not for selfish interest or personal gain but to try and do the right thing.

So, what Colin has done is listened to the masses:
1 - He has kept the fundamentals of what was agreed at the AGM 3 years ago.
2 - He's ensuring that the section have no reason to pull the validity of the series and/or F-Grades.
AND..
3 - ...to ensure that we don't get an overbook, has pulled the open class, made the support class flexible so the days don't run too long.

In short, cloud seeded all three storms.

Dufty07
11-04-2013, 11:11 PM
EOE rep has made a decision. So suck it up people, and lets get down to the RACIN:thumbsup::thumbsup:

racingdwarf
11-04-2013, 11:48 PM
vehemently.....! woooow bens giving the spell checker something to work on:p

this simple norfolk boy is now of to read what that means...

spindles69
12-04-2013, 04:56 AM
If you do not like what decisions are made by the EOE rep then don't go.SIMPLES.

wrighty
12-04-2013, 06:03 AM
I was just saying my opinion and it wont stop me racing

longsufferinggirlfriend
12-04-2013, 06:38 PM
EOE rep has made a decision. So suck it up people, and lets get down to the RACIN:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Maybe if people supported Colin by going to the AGM he would've had an idea of the numbers? Or again i could just be being a silly woman :blush: