PDA

View Full Version : stickers

Lollo
16-10-2006, 12:06 PM
Hi! I'm a new user of this wonderfull forum.I'm an italian boy and so i don't write well english (maybe ,writing on this forum, i became good at writing english:p). My first question is : how can I make stickers of team (without buying them)?

(Sorry for the mistake that I have sure made:p)

jimmy
16-10-2006, 01:03 PM
You want to make stickers for your "team" ?
I think there are a number of products available for your home printer to make stickers. I think you can even get clear sticker stuff.
The problem with clear is that it needs to go on a white / bright background otherwise the colours can be muddy
I made some stickers for vickys car a few years ago and looked at a lot of possibilities. I ended up printing on plain paper and putting clear sticky vinyl over the lot and sticking it on that way. looked ok.

Lollo
16-10-2006, 03:50 PM
But where I can find stickers "to print"? Here I have found stickers of BJ4, Oople ad buggy king....

jimmy
16-10-2006, 07:04 PM
Ok, I admit, I am confused. :o

ashleyb4
16-10-2006, 07:16 PM
I think he wants to know how you make your jimmy i also want to know tell me tell me PLZ:D

A

ryan
16-10-2006, 07:18 PM
with a very clever machine which costs a bomb lol.

jimmy
16-10-2006, 08:25 PM
Ive been for a run, and my brain is rebooted now. Lollo, do you mean the artwork ? as in, where can you get the artwork to print stickers ? or how can you create the artwork, like what software ???

Sorry that we don't understand!:)

Lollo
17-10-2006, 07:42 AM
Sorry if my english is not good:p
I asked you how can i make stickers....not with machine....but with my printer...i must buy plain paper....and then? Where i can find stickers "printable" in internet?

P.S: please tell me when i write wrong....:)

BenG
17-10-2006, 08:14 AM
Sorry if my english is not so good:p
I asked you how can i make stickers....not with a machine....but with my printer...i must buy plain paper....and then? Where i can find stickers "printable" in internet?

P.S: please tell me when i write wrong....:)

try asking Jimmy, he makes stickers:D

crispinternet
05-12-2006, 02:16 PM
Hi all,

guess who has access to that fandangly machine, we have a vynal cutter at work which i can use, please make any requests via jimmy and im sure i can start shipping some stickers. Aslong as i can get the art work i can do any sticker.

Alan

PaulRotheram
05-12-2006, 02:21 PM
wtf..?

Southwell
05-12-2006, 02:25 PM
err? Chicken!!

crispinternet
05-12-2006, 02:32 PM
is it really that hard to understand what this thread is about, my understanding is that the guy wanted team stickers to stick on his car????

if thats the case i have a vinyl cutter so i can produce these any sense now????

Alan

" you did what with a cabbage probably makes more sense " :p ha ah ha

PaulRotheram
05-12-2006, 02:40 PM
No, i understand - but jimmy can already do this.. and does so regularly.. which pays for his reviews and other website costs.

crispinternet
05-12-2006, 02:45 PM
ha ha ahaha,

i didnt realise, now where in the thread did i see that jimmy said he had a machine lol * hides under the biggest rock he can find never to return *

ahhh well i have one to so nerrrrr :p

* walks away head in shame *

PaulRotheram
05-12-2006, 02:57 PM
haha, come back!

They are cool machines hey? I've used one my self when i took Product Design as an A level, it made everything alot easier to do!

Who do you work for?

crispinternet
05-12-2006, 03:21 PM
I am a network systems administrator for an ISP in altrincham, we bought our vinyl cutter along time ago and use it for alsorts including ppl like pegeuot for there decals etc.

Also one of my best mates owns a printers so at the best of times i can get things done. As i am new i may aswell introduce...

im helping re vamp the bury club, i used to race there 10 years ago and numbers arnt that great now i beleive. Im not sure how much difference i can make. but a shiny new website with great features and various other bits and bobs should drive ppl back to it. Its a great track and i want to do something for it as it was such a great place to be on a sunday.

sneaky peaks at the site

http://testing.cr-isp.com/bmrcc/images/full-site.jpg

thats it in production with some garbuol text in to fill the spaces. Im hoping a re-generated website will do us proud and get some drivers ( competative ) im not saying there are none there but i was told some of the big drivers are racing else where!

any way

im looking to help in any way i can

BenG
05-12-2006, 03:46 PM
thats a sweet site. You slicing it though?:confused:

crispinternet
05-12-2006, 03:53 PM
Hi,

already sliced and done, just working the databases in and manipulatingthe content of which you can see here

http://testing.cr-isp.com/bmrcc/main-left.php

http://testing.cr-isp.com/bmrcc/main-middle.php

so its slowly coming together now and coming to life i should have the whole thing together by weekend i think, im trying to load it with so much content to get ppl looking.

ohhh by the way ill be looking for actual bury members for interviews, any takers on this one...

the final site will be housed at

http://www.burymetroradiocarclub.co.uk

Alan

tc2k
05-12-2006, 04:16 PM
I thought Jimmy had stopped making them. His merchandise page says so and I assumed he had stopped because I wanted some and have been having to look elsewhere

Col
06-12-2006, 12:43 AM
the merchandise section doesn't say that on mine...
I have just ordered some from Jimmy via PM and he didn't say no so give him a try!!

jimmy
06-12-2006, 12:55 AM
I think you are talking about name decals since thats the only page that says no. And yes - I am doing them for anyone that asks. :)

And I will get those sorted for you btw Col, I wont be doing anything this week as I'm getting some stuff finished off if that ok.

Col
06-12-2006, 07:22 AM
No problem Jimmy, whenever you can squeeze them in;)

bigchris
06-12-2006, 12:04 PM
hi jimmy,
you made some for me before , can i put my nae in the queue:)

Chris mitchell

jimmy
06-12-2006, 12:14 PM
pm sent

crispinternet
06-12-2006, 04:28 PM
Jimmy,

if you need some help getting them out i can help
like i said we have a sumacut in work so i can maybe help
you push them out again.

Alan

i imagine you have all the vector art work

jimmy
06-12-2006, 04:34 PM
I don't generally do much vinyl work or what I do is custom stuff for people - so I don't really offer it on my site. I mostly do printed decals.
I do like the look of the solvent print and cut machines, they need printing on white and coating/laminating to stop the ink coming off, but you can do some nice stuff. Its the sort of machine that places like "upgrade rc ^" and others use. got one of those ? lol, bit spenny I think.

Body Paint
07-12-2006, 08:36 AM
Guess whos got one of them Jim ;)

Only trouble is that the cutters aren't always the most accurate of things on the wide format machines, but there is ways of getting round that usually.

jimmy
07-12-2006, 10:04 AM
How does the lamination / coating work ? is it printed, coated (in some way) then stuck back on for the cuts ?

neiloliver
22-12-2006, 04:55 PM
Cool looking club site Crisp. Like the two tone dark greys and the close cropped images. Gonna have to step ours up a bit now... still thinks ours is the best in the west mid though! ;)

www.oswestryrcc.org.uk

jimmy
22-12-2006, 04:58 PM
I like the snow on that oswestry logo as it is more like actual snow you see in the uk- rather than my fantasy snow.. You have captured the bits of grit and litter well! :p

neiloliver
22-12-2006, 06:46 PM
Confession time Jimmy...

It is actually Popcorn! I generated it using a picture tube in Paintshop Pro, just set the size dead small... but it works OK. your snow is GREAT, i cant iamgine how you start to do something like that. I have no Art skills whatsoever, CAD and tech drawing yes, but cant few hand draw to save my life.

I prefer the Mrs Santa on the right hand side anyway... shes lovely.

N