PDA

View Full Version : Battery positions.

dabbadave
22-04-2013, 10:04 PM
Where's your batterys sitting .

_sleigh_
22-04-2013, 10:18 PM
Currently in my battery case :p

Seriously, both Ben and I are running the shorty pack down the center line of the car with very little modification to the car. All we have done is tweak the battery hold down clamp to use thumb screws and shortened it to give better access to the shorty connections.

At Kidderminster national I ran the pack in both the forward and back positions depending on track conditions (ie grip levels in the wet) and the car responded very well to this change. Also running the pack down the center means no modification to the side pods which would drastically effect chassis flex.

jasonrcb
23-04-2013, 05:33 AM
Personally for me im running my car in saddle formation,for me with the setup im running it just feels better than the full length stick,as for chassis flex cutting the side pods has no more flex than removing the 2 pairs of centre screws from the side pods.

From seeing others and trying the car in all layouts there is very little to choose between layouts and comes down to personal preference really,i prefer my car to have a safer feel which possibly is not the quickest setup but unfortunately i dont have the ability of Phil and Ben.

dabbadave
23-04-2013, 10:41 PM
How much weight should i add wen running a shorty straight down the middle in the rear position.

s22jgs
04-05-2013, 08:33 PM
How much ketchup do you like on your chips? Impossible question to answer mate as its all down to how you like the car to feel

jasonrcb
04-05-2013, 08:53 PM
As steve says it depends how you like your car to feel,on my shorty car:)im using 60g down the length of the chassis but im not using my shorty right back,thats where my speedo is,again this setup wont suit everyone but it does me and all those that saw it at the 4wd regional see it works for me,the car was superb,even if i do say so myself.battery strap was for mock up only lol,i also have a 35g weight i have made that sits in the chassis kickup between the servo and bulkhead